Being a totally burnt out and cynical Jets fan I am having all sorts of crazy thoughts about our new potential franchise quarterback- I want to believe that Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh have done a better job of identifying the right guy than Tannenbaum and Rex did with Sanchez but like I said I have serious PTSD and have trouble getting too invested before the season starts - my latest concern is that LaFeurs offensive is going to turn ZW into a game manager - heavy on the running game - safe play action passes - some short vertical plays with the occasional deep ball attempted - and if successful rinse and repeat - now if that strategy ultimately results in a top rated attack and ( can I even say it?) a Super Bowl win then duh great! But what if it’s not so effective? I mean one reason so many pundits were high on ZW was because he shows explosive arm talent and excellent downfield accuracy- I just hope the coaching staff doesn’t write those plays out of the game plan - maybe little brother Mike will steal some direction from big brother Matt and ZW will be allowed to show some Aaron Rogers in his game ….. but alas as the burnt out fan I am I worry about turning our new stud rookie qb into Jimmy Garoppolo…… thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

I fear that the coaching staff didnt watch any BYU tape too.  

Or realize that ground and pound is so 1970's

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, ncjetman said:

Being a totally burnt out and cynical Jets fan I am having all sorts of crazy thoughts about our new potential franchise quarterback- I want to believe that Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh have done a better job of identifying the right guy than Tannenbaum and Rex did with Sanchez but like I said I have serious PTSD and have trouble getting too invested before the season starts - my latest concern is that LaFeurs offensive is going to turn ZW into a game manager - heavy on the running game - safe play action passes - some short vertical plays with the occasional deep ball attempted - and if successful rinse and repeat - now if that strategy ultimately results in a top rated attack and ( can I even say it?) a Super Bowl win then duh great! But what if it’s not so effective? I mean one reason so many pundits were high on ZW was because he shows explosive arm talent and excellent downfield accuracy- I just hope the coaching staff doesn’t write those plays out of the game plan - maybe little brother Mike will steal some direction from big brother Matt and ZW will be allowed to show some Aaron Rogers in his game ….. but alas as the burnt out fan I am I worry about turning our new stud rookie qb into Jimmy Garoppolo…… thoughts?

See the source image

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I mean he’s a game manager in the way that you can’t pay him to throw INTs. The problem is that you can’t pay him to stop dropping dimes for touchdowns either 

• Haha 1

I personally think we should have more late night conversations where we braid each other's hair and talk about what type of QB a guy who's never thrown even a single pass in training camp is going to be. It sounds like oh so much fun.

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

I personally think we should have more late night conversations where we braid each other's hair and talk about what type of QB a guy who's never thrown even a single pass in training camp is going to be. It sounds like oh so much fun.

I’m bald. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, ncjetman said:

Loonies GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, ncjetman said:

Ben Roethlisberger started his career throwing about 10 times a game. Same with Brady.

Relax Karen 

• Haha 2

As a rookie they won’t overload his plate. We run the ball a lot and let him take shots off of playaction. If he shows he can handle more and the OL really gels they’ll let him loose.....

We won’t know how much he can handle as a rookie until we see him under center so why worry about this now? Lol 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, ncjetman said:

ptsd? lol

He was a game manager in college too.

Check the down and distance during most of his highlights.  Most of the creative stuff came on 3rd and 4th downs when BYU needed to score and you would want him to take a chance.

He has a competitive fire that shines through when he needs to make a play. I feel he has the best chance to be special from any college QB I can remember in years and I think the staff is planning to use him in a way to best help the team win and him develope.  

Can't wait! 

If he starts and again it looks like the Jets will start a rookie Qb imo giving him a shortened playbook at least his first 8 starts is a good idea. Unless this guy just walks in and is lights out. Even Mahomes didn’t start his rookie year. Look Mark’s most effective seasons were his first two years when they gave him that color coded playbook. As soon as they opened things up he started going downhill. Of course Mark had a very good offensive line and a good running game. I’d take it conservative with this guy he has to learn the offense and the league. 

On 7/24/2021 at 3:44 PM, ncjetman said:

its going to be a larnin yeaer for the Rokie zach wilson 

On 7/24/2021 at 4:15 PM, freestater said:

That's the point to the quick strikes and crossing patterns in the WCO...to bring the defense down to the LOS and take advantage with deep routes. 

I swear, the binary thinking that goes on here is abysmal. 

On 7/24/2021 at 5:04 PM, ncjetman said:

@CTM @GATA