The (Official) 2021-2022 New York Knicks thread.

38 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

That was one of the craziest openers ever. 

Fournier! Best debut in Knicks history?

Randle's season last year was not a fluke. 

Toppin is better than people thought. 

RJ's defense was outstanding tonight and he hit some huge 3s in the second half. 

Go Knicks!

I swear when I see that guy play I keep getting these Robert Horry vibes. I know he's not there yet but Toppin looks like a good player. 

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The 3 pointer has ruined basketball

It’s similar to the passing game being automatic in the NFL (except for the Jets, of course).

these leagues all want offense now. I’m not sure if that’s because of young fan preferences, fan preferences in general, fantasy sports, or a combination of all three 

• Upvote 1

Last nights game was as exciting as it was humbling. At least now they have other scoring options when Randall gets surrounded. The defense isn't sound yet but I imagine will improve. Almost turned it off thinking they wouldn't make a comeback. Putting Obi at the five should happen more often. Stunned how regulation ended.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Atlantajet333 said:

Last nights game was as exciting as it was humbling. At least now they have other scoring options when Randall gets surrounded. The defense isn't sound yet but I imagine will improve. Almost turned it off thinking they wouldn't make a comeback. Putting Obi at the five should happen more often. Stunned how regulation ended.

It's an offense full of scorers but I think they are going to have to make a move or two for some distributors. Knicks are going to be an exciting team to watch when they are clicking but there are going to be some excruciating nights if they don't get a guy or two that can slow things down when they are not shooting well, which is what happened to them in the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/20/2021 at 11:47 PM, playtowinthegame said:

I swear when I see that guy play I keep getting these Robert Horry vibes. I know he's not there yet but Toppin looks like a good player. 

Potentially very good, but I don’t want to jinx it 

This Knicks team is very deep and has more shooting than people realize 

• Upvote 1

On 10/21/2021 at 6:01 PM, PS17 said:

LOL, but Here’s what I would say:

The media has been mocking the knicks (rightfully so) and their fans (very annoying) for basically two decades except for a brief period from 2011-2014 

Let us enjoy a decent basketball team for a change and have a little fun 

On 10/21/2021 at 1:20 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

It's an offense full of scorers but I think they are going to have to make a move or two for some distributors. Knicks are going to be an exciting team to watch when they are clicking but there are going to be some excruciating nights if they don't get a guy or two that can slow things down when they are not shooting well, which is what happened to them in the playoffs. 

I might agree with this, but I also think

1) Randle is getting better at handling doubles teams (and just better in general - he’s still improving his game). 

2) They now have another guy in Kemba who can get his own shot and bail them out 

3) They have another guy who can legit get 20 points any night in Fournier 

4) They have moved the ball really well through 2 games. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I might agree with this, but I also think

1) Randle is getting better at handling doubles teams (and just better in general - he’s still improving his game). 

2) They now have another guy in Kemba who can get his own shot and bail them out 

3) They have another guy who can legit get 20 points any night in Fournier 

4) They have moved the ball really well through 2 games. 

Fournier seems like the type of stable scorer that the team can lean on when everyone else goes cold like they did against Atlanta. I was not a fan of letting Bullock go but he's clearly a huge upgrade.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

Are the knicks real good or are the good playing sh*t teams. Knick fan ny default. Been away from the nba for years for obvious reasons 

The Knicks are good. 

Probably not quite a contender. But good, IMO. 

Very deep. Potentially very dangerous 3 point shooting. Good defensively most of the time. A lot of guys who can get their own shot in a pinch. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Sellis92 said:

The loss to the magic has to remind you guys this is a good team, but 45 wins good

I don't know if they will reach their potential, but their ceiling is easily higher than 45 wins. 

I think there is a large range of possibilities based on how durable certain guys are, but they are pretty good

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Another good showing at The Garden. Going to be a fun season boys.

Big early season win. Another big game coming up on Thursday. 

I think the early part of the season is very important for a team on the rise like the Knicks. They have to win some of these early statement games in order to build the confidence they need to take that next step

• Upvote 2

Knicks are capable of making some noise this year building off a surprising 2020 season. Pressure has been taken off Randall to be focal scorer. When he passed out of double teams shots weren't falling. As long as the ball continues moving good things happen. No longer necessary to keep score around 104 or less to win. Should beat Bulls too. Takes the focus off watching Jets games. Thanks Knicks.

• Upvote 1

Last night's game against the Bulls was alternately interesting and excruciating. The effort and concentration was there. This was one of those games I was used to watching them give away at the end: this time we didn't because we got lucky, but the team also didn't commit a dumb foul at the end to give the Bulls the winning free throws - and that is a sign of progress/ basketball IQ.

I worry that Mitch is fragile. Barrett is quietly playing well, picking his spots. He looks much stronger than his first two years - maybe just filling out and growing up. I hope Randle doesn't go as many minutes as last year - for his own sake, and because Obi is an exciting and able option.  I'm not sure what to think of Burke. DRose and Kemba are a terrific duo. Being ten plus deep is going to wear out those teams that can't field a matching squad.

At least they will be interesting to watch, IMHO.

BTW, the Bulls are shaping up into a nice team. I'd love it for some the downtrodden franchises to displace the traditional darlings for a few years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bungaman said:

Last night's game against the Bulls was alternately interesting and excruciating. The effort and concentration was there. This was one of those games I was used to watching them give away at the end: this time we didn't because we got lucky, but the team also didn't commit a dumb foul at the end to give the Bulls the winning free throws - and that is a sign of progress/ basketball IQ.

I worry that Mitch is fragile. Barrett is quietly playing well, picking his spots. He looks much stronger than his first two years - maybe just filling out and growing up. I hope Randle doesn't go as many minutes as last year - for his own sake, and because Obi is an exciting and able option.  I'm not sure what to think of Burke. DRose and Kemba are a terrific duo. Being ten plus deep is going to wear out those teams that can't field a matching squad.

BTW, the Bulls are shaping up into a nice team. I'd love it for some the downtrodden franchises to displace the traditional darlings for a few years.

Barrett's defense on the last shot saved the game. 

Big win. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bungaman said:

Knicks-Bulls ECF. 

Let's do it. 

• Sympathy 1