The (Official) 2021-2022 New York Knicks thread.

1 hour ago, Bungaman said:

Barrett looking pretty damn good this evening. While the team is not beating any juggernauts so far, I do like they are working working working, and any bad habits (like the late game ease-ups) should be ironed out before playing a run of tough teams.

They are learning how to win together. You have to be very impressed with what they have done over the last 2 seasons.

I believe the Knicks are 21-5 in their last 26 regular season games. That’s elite stuff. How close can they get to maintaining that sort of consistency? Not sure. 

Barrett is only 21. Very exciting. 

• Upvote 1

The starters are playing like five guys who had "next" at a playground. No feel for one another. Robinson, returning from a long injury, Fournier and Walker - too many new starters? I don't know how much time Tibs should give them, or what he should do, frankly. Start Noels when he's ready? Put in Burks for Fournier? I would definitely want to keep Rose with the second unit - you don't want to kill that group's effectiveness, and Rose seems to thrive in the role.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thibs listened to me (ha!) about Noel and Burke, but ...

So my crap DSL connection was half decent last night, and I find a sports feed for the Knicks, hoping they will build on the nice win in San Antonio: shut that off sometime in the third quarter when it's apparent they are mailing this one in. Switch to the Rangers, early second quarter, knowing they've been on a tear as of late: just in to see the Avs fill the net for 20 minutes. 

I can't get no satisfaction. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2022 at 6:06 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

How in the **** did they get Atlanta to agree to this trade? Steal for the Knicks just wow

Sorry, but not up to date on expiring contracts, Charlotte protected #1, Reddish.

We gave up a player who hasn't seen the court for the same from Atlanta. We get back an expiring contract and swap a #1 for a #2

We have more wings than we can handle (I expect a trade soon).

What's so good about this deal?

14 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Sorry, but not up to date on expiring contracts, Charlotte protected #1, Reddish.

We gave up a player who hasn't seen the court for the same from Atlanta. We get back an expiring contract and swap a #1 for a #2

We have more wings than we can handle (I expect a trade soon).

What's so good about this deal?

Reddish is the best piece of the trade and the likelihood that Charlotte misses the playoffs for the next several years is super unlikely. They gave up Knox and a crappy pick and that’s really it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Reddish is the best piece of the trade and the likelihood that Charlotte misses the playoffs for the next several years is super unlikely. They gave up Knox and a crappy pick and that’s really it.

Well..... we gain a year of eligibility and he obviously is a better scorer.

image.thumb.png.712cf9256542bae1b41ce6dbccbf1015.png

image.thumb.png.b50744e0fbf60e552100dd122b48eb61.png

18 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Well..... we gain a year of eligibility and he obviously is a better scorer.

image.thumb.png.712cf9256542bae1b41ce6dbccbf1015.png

image.thumb.png.b50744e0fbf60e552100dd122b48eb61.png

He's a 3-and-D wing that came at zero risk and Thibs has supposedly been in love with him for years. Knox was never going to recover from being lost in the shuffle in NY and likewise for Reddish in Atlanta. NY gave up nothing on this one. It's the type of deal they used to be on the other side of quite regularly.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

He's a 3-and-D wing that came at zero risk and Thibs has supposedly been in love with him for years. Knox was never going to recover from being lost in the shuffle in NY and likewise for Reddish in Atlanta. NY gave up nothing on this one. It's the type of deal they used to be on the other side of quite regularly.

?

God, they are frustrating to watch. The starting five looks slow and disinterested.

I'm thinking (irrationally) that they should blow up the starting five. Trade Fournier, Randle and Kemba somwhere and just play the kids. I think Mcbride, Grimes and IQ along with another youngin' would be fine in the backcourt. I want to like Randle, but I can't seem to get on board. Fournier is OK, but inconsistent and expendable. Kemba a nice guy but at the end of the road.   

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

God. Watching the Knicks just wander around on the court last night as they choked the game away was painful. Why, oh why, if Mitch is such a physical beast, is no one teaching him a post up game? Or a short jumper game? Or having him use either? Opposing centers can leave him 10 feet outside the paint to double team any Knick heading toward the bucket, knowing Mitch won't get the ball except for a lob - which makes the lob more difficult to execute because the spacing gets too tight. I'm not expecting him to shoot threes, but if he can't pass or shoot out of the post, or from ten feet out - it just kills any half court offense. 

I have to say I've lost my faith in the coaching staff - Thibs specifically - as I don't know if any of the other coaches is lobbying for them to do anything different. But what he's doing now isn't working, between the stilted offense and the too-tight veteran heavy line up. Play the damn kids. Have Mitch shoot and pass over the top from the post. Do something DIFFERENT.