Team USA Basketball Game(s) Threads: 1st game is TODAY @ 8:00 A.M (vs. France).

image.thumb.png.924401b980b74f8f4182416b4fb7f508.png

I'm so fired up and I personally believe we're going to absolutely destroy the world.

I believe those two exhibition loses have re-focused our team USA kids and to the point of unleashing our basketball anger on the ?

• (Mods feel free to move to other sports just wanted to remind everyone our big game starts TODAY). 

Getting all 3 of Booker/Middleton/Jrue is going to become big time in comparison to the teams we fielded during our exhibition games; and today is the begining of something special happening. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

We lost ?

Not surprising. US couldnt handle France's size. Never thought you'd see the day where the French were tougher than the Americans but here we are. Also, Lillard was god awful. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Not surprising. US couldnt handle France's size. Never thought you'd see the day where the French were tougher than the Americans but here we are. Also, Lillard was god awful. 

Yeah I hate Lillard let's just say R.J. Barrett ranked top 15 in Defensive Win Share last year and Dame ranked 300th in Defensive Win Share (299th).

But yet so many NY fans want to trade away RJ (21), Immanuel Quickley (22), Mitchell Robinson (23) and Obi Toppin (23) along with multiple 1st round picks and for what? For who? A 31 year old PG who's been 1st round eliminated 5x due to atrocious Defense and a soon to be washed up player with maybe 3-4 years left? I'll quit basketball if my Knicks trade for him. 

But yeah this is our D-Team and we're missing our best players like LeBron, Anthony Davis, Jimmy Butler, Zion Williamson, Steph Curry, Kawhi Leonard (injured ACL), James Harden, Kyrie Irving, Trae Young, Julius Randle and Paul George etc 

I believe most of these guys are sitting out because of politics/police brutality but whatever if our USA kids don't care about playing and winning anymore than as a fan I shouldn't care about losing anymore (but I do, this feeling stinks).

10 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah I would never waste my time watching this but the first thing that came to my mind was the other countries probably play hard and like a team.

43 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yeah I would never waste my time watching this but the first thing that came to my mind was the "other countries probably play hard and like a team".

Stop it. 

Team USA basketball has appeared in 19 Olympics dating back to 1936 and has 15 Gold Medals (2 Bronze and 1 Silver).

So please don't try and disrespect our USA kids when it comes to basketball while trying to "talk up" other Countries when it comes to TEAM BASKETBALL.

And we're sending out our D-Team this year and we're still going to make it 16 Gold Medals here in 2021 too. 

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Stop it. 

Team USA basketball has appeared in 19 Olympics dating back to 1936 and has 15 Gold Medals (2 Bronze and 1 Silver).

So please don't try and disrespect our USA kids when it comes to basketball while trying to "talk up" other Countries when it comes to TEAM BASKETBALL.

And we're sending out our D-Team this year and we're still going to make it 16 Gold Medals here in 2021 too. 

I'm talking about the current state of the NBA player in 2021 not 1936, or 1982, 0r 2003.  2021.

16 minutes ago, undertow said:

I'm talking about the current state of the NBA player in 2021 not 1936, or 1982, 0r 2003.  2021.

We lose our first game since 2004 of 17 years ago and you immediately write off team USA? Sad. 

These USA kids will overcome adversity and win the Gold here in 2021 too. 

But yeah like you said you "would never waste your time watching this" but yet you'll waste your time posting about it? 

You won't even waste your time rooting for your own USA kids and that's pathetic imo. 

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

We lose our first game since 2004 of 17 years ago and you immediately write off team USA? Sad. 

These USA kids will overcome adversity and win the Gold here in 2021 too. 

But yeah like you said you "would never waste your time watching this" but yet you'll waste your time posting about it? 

You won't even waste your time rooting for your own USA kids and that's pathetic imo. 

schitts creek yes GIF by CBC

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

schitts creek yes GIF by CBC

It's not correct. 

And you want to talk about "the current state of the NBA player"?

Well then you better acknowledge how LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, Steph Curry, Kyrie Irving, Zion Williamson, James Harden, Tre Young and Paul George aren't playing this year so don't you dare act and pretend as if the state of the current NBA USA players aren't the greatest. 

Thnx.

And when our C-D USA Team wins another Gold Medal this year I'll bump this thread to LAUGH.

????????????????

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It's not correct. 

And you want to talk about "the current state of the NBA player"?

Well then you better acknowledge how LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, Steph Curry, Kyrie Irving, Zion Williamson, James Harden, Tre Young and Paul George aren't playing this year so don't you dare act and pretend as if the state of the current NBA USA players aren't the greatest. 

Thnx.

And when our C-D USA Team wins another Gold Medal this year I'll bump this thread to LAUGH.

????????????????

sarcastic samantha bee GIF

• Thumb Down 1

13 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yeah I hate Lillard let's just say R.J. Barrett ranked top 15 in Defensive Win Share last year and Dame ranked 300th in Defensive Win Share (299th).

But yet so many NY fans want to trade away RJ (21), Immanuel Quickley (22), Mitchell Robinson (23) and Obi Toppin (23) along with multiple 1st round picks and for what? For who? A 31 year old PG who's been 1st round eliminated 5x due to atrocious Defense and a soon to be washed up player with maybe 3-4 years left? I'll quit basketball if my Knicks trade for him. 

If you don’t know basketball just say that.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

If you don’t know basketball just say that.

I know he has atrocious Defense, just ranked 300th (299th) in Defensive Win Share, has been eliminated during the 1st round now 5x and can't even lead team USA to wins as our starting PG ?

And now he's already 31 with maybe 3-4 years left before his offense and body becomes as atrocious as his Defense is by the time he's 35.

This much I do know. 

He's an overrated player with no Defense and can only play basketball on the offensive end of the floor (not a superstar). 

The only way he'll ever be carried to a Championship is if he runs to L.A to be carried by LeBron and Anthony Davis and/or if he runs to Golden State to hide under Steph/Klay/Draymond like KD did but he'll never be a Greek Freak type of Superstar who doesn't need to run to other stars. 

Portland will never win a championship with him because A.) He's overated and B.) His defense is absolutely 100% pure trash and C.) No superstars have ever wanted to play with him as FAs.

The only funny thing that'll happen if NY traded our farm for your boy Dame Lillard would be watching you become a "Knicks fan" ?

• Thumb Down 1

And @undertow my fault man I apologize I'm a sore loser when it comes to USA basketball and I'm not used to seeing us lose like this (2 exhibition game loses and now our 1st real loss since 2004 of 17 years ago when I was just 19 years old myself) you have every right to be disgusted and not wanting to watch so I apologize to you it was just a bad (sports) day for me I was so excited for Tokyo and vs France today and losing in the 4th Q today had me frustrated so my apologies to you.

• Upvote 1

That was a pathetic display of teamwork. They literally choked and gave that game away. And why is Durant even on this team if he doesnt even want to play. He's not even going through the motions.  He looks totally disintertested and could care less.  And Poopovich got totally outcoached.  This is EMBARRASING.  The worst I've ever seen in USA Olympic basketball. Just humiliating.  And where the heck are our best players Kawi Leonard, Russell Westbrook, Stephon Curry, Anthony Davis, Zion, Paul George, Trea Young, Ja Morant. I know a few were in the NBA Finals and are beat but cmon - REPRESENT!!!!!  

15 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Looking forward to Popovich blaming someone else after this.

What a joke this guy is. Imagine Bobby Knight losing a game like this. He would have ripped his players a new azzhole.  He'd say something like " IF they play like this again, and even win, I'm going home."

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I know he has atrocious Defense, just ranked 300th (299th) in Defensive Win Share, has been eliminated during the 1st round now 5x and can't even lead team USA to wins as our starting PG ?

And now he's already 31 with maybe 3-4 years left before his offense and body becomes as atrocious as his Defense is by the time he's 35.

This much I do know. 

He's an overrated player with no Defense and can only play basketball on the offensive end of the floor (not a superstar). 

The only way he'll ever be carried to a Championship is if he runs to L.A to be carried by LeBron and Anthony Davis and/or if he runs to Golden State to hide under Steph/Klay/Draymond like KD did but he'll never be a Greek Freak type of Superstar who doesn't need to run to other stars. 

Portland will never win a championship with him because A.) He's overated and B.) His defense is absolutely 100% pure trash and C.) No superstars have ever wanted to play with him as FAs.

The only funny thing that'll happen if NY traded our farm for your boy Dame Lillard would be watching you become a "Knicks fan" ?

Again, you clown, if you don’t understand basketball, all you have to do is ask. I don’t care about nun of that win share sh*t. I’ve personally witnessed that man carry an awful roster in and out of the playoffs for 9 years. I’ve watched him put series away, I’ve watched him take over games from the 1st Q to the 4th Q, I’ve seen him close games as easy as taking a breath. No star PG plays defense, they all cook each other, this isn’t some new revelation and you’re also exaggerating a bit to push you point across the finish line. Lillard has 5-6 years left of elite play. this isn’t football. 31 is young still.  

you should stick to posting football highlights and pictures like the cheerleader you are instead of ever speaking a word about basketball again because you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about and you severely lack direction in anything you’ve been saying.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Again, you clown, if you don’t understand basketball, all you have to do is ask. I don’t care about nun of that win share sh*t. I’ve personally witnessed that man carry an awful roster in and out of the playoffs for 9 years. I’ve watched him put series away, I’ve watched him take over games from the 1st Q to the 4th Q, I’ve seen him close games as easy as taking a breath. No star PG plays defense, they all cook each other, this isn’t some new revelation and you’re also exaggerating a bit to push you point across the finish line. Lillard has 5-6 years left of elite play. this isn’t football. 31 is young still.  

you should stick to posting football highlights and pictures like the cheerleader you are instead of ever speaking a word about basketball again because you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about and you severely lack direction in anything you’ve been saying.

He's 31 years old and not worth trading the farm and future away for. 9 years of playoff exits and 5 1st round EXITS and now leading team USA to loses ?

The only funny thing about Dame Lillard being traded away from Portland would be you following him as a fan boy to whichever team he goes because you've already self admitted to being more a fan of Damian Lillard than THE PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS and that's the definition of a basketball ?

This Damian Lillard slander is BS and there isn’t a stat you outsiders can bring up to change my mind. I’ve watched that man drag that sh*t team to the playoffs every year, they may not always get far, but I’ve seen him turn into a man possessed in the last 5 mins of games, I’ve seen him NEVER be the problem, never. 

Aminu, Harkless, Evan Turner, Pat Connaughton, Shabazz Napier, Seth Curry, Rodney Hood, 89 year old Melo, Wesley Mathews, the list goes on & on, when has that man ever had another all star. He’s done nothing but be a soldier and take it on the chin. Never cried or complained a day in his life. 

garbage - all of its garbage. No way dudes who don’t even watch this man play like I do wants to throw up a stat and think it provides any justice for the criminal sh*t being said in here. If he was a Knick, you’d be licking his nuts and calling him elite.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's 31 years old and not worth trading the farm and future away for. 9 years of playoff exits and 5 1st round EXITS and now leading team USA to loses ?

The only funny thing about Dame Lillard being traded away from Portland would be you following him as a fan boy to whichever team he goes because you've already self admitted to being more a fan of Damian Lillard than THE PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS and that's the definition of a basketball ?

And every team he took to the playoffs were teams that didn’t even belong in the playoffs, so that really just ain’t saying much to me lmao.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I sure am — but he isn’t getting traded this season so I’m really not worried about that. Next.

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I sure am — but he isn’t getting traded this season so I’m really not worried about that. Next.

That's pathetic to be more of a player fan than a fan of your favorite team. 

You aren't no real Portland Trailblazers fan you're nothing more than just a Damian Lillard cheerleader ?

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

This Damian Lillard slander is BS and there isn’t a stat you outsiders can bring up to change my mind. I’ve watched that man drag that sh*t team to the playoffs every year, they may not always get far, but I’ve seen him turn into a man possessed in the last 5 mins of games, I’ve seen him NEVER be the problem, never. 

Aminu, Harkless, Evan Turner, Pat Connaughton, Shabazz Napier, Seth Curry, Rodney Hood, 89 year old Melo, Wesley Mathews, the list goes on & on, when has that man ever had another all star. He’s done nothing but be a soldier and take it on the chin. Never cried or complained a day in his life. 

garbage - all of its garbage. No way dudes who don’t even watch this man play like I do wants to throw up a stat and think it provides any justice for the criminal sh*t being said in here. If he was a Knick, you’d be licking his nuts and calling him elite.

Not slandering him he just stunk yesterday. Holliday was a lot more effective.

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

That's pathetic to be more of a player fan than a fan of your favorite team. 

You aren't no real Portland Trailblazers fan you're nothing more than just a Damian Lillard cheerleader ?

But nothing is more pathetic than a 30 + year old’s overuse of an emoji 

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Slander is spoken. In print it’s libel. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Then explain your obsession with Jamal Adams.  

I'm not the one creating threads about Jamal Adams and I'm A+ happy we landed Alijah Vera-Tucker and already can't wait to see who we draft with Seattle's 1st round pick and at the end of the day I just appreciated his play on the field as a Jet and thankful he returned us two 1st round picks + a 3rd (which we used one of his 1st's + a 3rd to trade up for Alijah Vera-Tucker). I'm just thankful he wasn't a bust who couldn't give us anything back in return and I hope Seattle goes 0-16 with him too. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Kevin Durant is an alien

I'm not a fan of his as a Brooklyn Net but I absolutely love him as a team USA legendary legend. He's awesome man and has carried his Country on his back and into the Gold ?? Medal Game. 

USA in the Gold Medal Game when everyone said "they couldn't do it" and I've enjoyed every moment of it. And we're doing it right our C-D team too. 

LeBron James. Steph Curry. Kawhi Leonard. AD. James Harden. Kyrie Irving. Jimmy Butler. Zion Williamson. Karl-Anthony Towns (born and raised American). Trae Young. Klay Thompson. Julius Randle. Etc. We don't need even these guys to dominate the globe ? ???