Team USA Basketball Game(s) Threads: 1st game is TODAY @ 8:00 A.M (vs. France).

On 7/25/2021 at 10:01 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

It's not correct. 

And you want to talk about "the current state of the NBA player"?

Well then you better acknowledge how LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, Steph Curry, Kyrie Irving, Zion Williamson, James Harden, Tre Young and Paul George aren't playing this year so don't you dare act and pretend as if the state of the current NBA USA players aren't the greatest. 

Thnx.

And when our C-D USA Team wins another Gold Medal this year I'll bump this thread to LAUGH.

????????????????

@undertow not here to laugh at you but I'm here to tell you 'i told you so'. 

???????

O.k. Fk it. I'm laughing at you  like I told you I would man (but only because your Olympic basketball posts were full of so much FAIL) ?????

On 7/25/2021 at 11:52 PM, Patriot Killa said:

If you don’t know basketball just say that.

I enjoyed every single USA Player throughout Tokyo Olympics but the only American player who was both embarrassing and atrocious was your boy DAMIAN LILLARD (you should check out RealGM's General Forum he's getting absolutely clowned on and laughed at right now by THOUSANDS of Basketball fans).

He was so bad you couldn't even post within this thread. 

He was unwatchable. He was a ball hogging inefficient chucker who only displayed poor shooting (ball hogging) and atrocious "defense".

Only could shoot 21/56 from the field?!? FG% of only .375%?!? Ugh. 

He was our only American basketball embarrassment and was nothing more than a defensive liability with atrocious Defense along with being nothing more than a ball hogging chucker who wanted to "steal the show". He was the most selfish player on the entire team and I hated every moment of it. 

And in closing I hope to the basketball Gods he'll never play another game of USA (team) basketball ever again. He stinks. I always knew he was a chucking PG with atrocious Defense but throughout these Olympic games he showed the NBA basketball world why no NBA superstars has ever ran to "Damien LILLARD" to ring chase and that's because the best he'll ever attract is a washed up Carmelo Anthony. Because no one WANTS TO PLAY WITH "damian lillard". 

He's a Chucker with Atrocious Defense. No wonder why he's nothing more than a 5x 1st round loser. 

I know basketball so much so to the point of TRASHING Damian Lillard before the Olympics even started and throughout Tokyo he proved me right.

• He stunk so bad you couldn't even post within this thread. Because everyone knows if Dame would've dropped 50 points you would've went on a team USA posting rampage...

On 7/26/2021 at 1:47 AM, Maynard13 said:

What a joke this guy is. Imagine Bobby Knight losing a game like this. He would have ripped his players a new azzhole.  He'd say something like " IF they play like this again, and even win, I'm going home."

eating-crow.jpg?is-pending-load=1

How many Championships had Bobby Knight ever won? Bobby Knight was a loser who physically and mentally abused freaking KIDS.

What a joke? He's one of the greatest basketball coaches of All-Time with 3 NBA Coach of the Year awards (most All-Time), 4 NBA All-Star Games head coached and another 5 NBA Championships. And just coached his last basketball game ever while leading a C-Team to an Olympic Gold Medal. 

la-photos-1staff-812415-sp-0807-tokyo-ol

The man is 72 years old and dedicated his entire life to the game of basketball and imo your post above was mind boggling. You considering him a "joke" would get laughed at by 100% of knowledgeable basketball fans. 

On 7/25/2021 at 7:51 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

image.thumb.png.924401b980b74f8f4182416b4fb7f508.png

I'm so fired up and I personally believe we're going to absolutely destroy the world.

I believe those two exhibition loses have re-focused our team USA kids and to the point of unleashing our basketball anger on the ?

• (Mods feel free to move to other sports just wanted to remind everyone our big game starts TODAY). 

Getting all 3 of Booker/Middleton/Jrue is going to become big time in comparison to the teams we fielded during our exhibition games; and today is the begining of something special happening. 

Well I had fun quoting everyone's epic failures of team USA Olympic basketball hot takes so I'll end this thread with my quote (above). 

(That man, DWC, he knows something).

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

eating-crow.jpg?is-pending-load=1

How many Championships had Bobby Knight ever won? Bobby Knight was a loser who physically and mentally abused freaking KIDS.

What a joke? He's one of the greatest basketball coaches of All-Time with 3 NBA Coach of the Year awards (most All-Time), 4 NBA All-Star Games head coached and another 5 NBA Championships. And just coached his last basketball game ever while leading a C-Team to an Olympic Gold Medal. 

The man is 72 years old and dedicated his entire life to the game of basketball and imo your post above was mind boggling. You considering him a "joke" would get laughed at by 100% of knowledgeable basketball fans. 

They were awful in the first game against Fance and GAVE the game away.  THat was due to matchups, coaching.  Last night, AGAIN, thye almost blew the game. MATCHUPS.  They were very very lucky to win that game. It should have been a blowout.  Not the best job of coaching by Pop.

9 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

They were awful in the first game against Fance and GAVE the game away.  THat was due to matchups, coaching.  Last night, AGAIN, thye almost blew the game. MATCHUPS.  They were very very lucky to win that game. It should have been a blowout.  Not the best job of coaching by Pop.

They won Gold. 

And he coached a USA team without some of our very best such as Lebron James, Steph Curry, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Anthony Davis, Karl-Anthony Towns (born and raised American), Kyrie Irving, James Harden, Klay Thompson, CP3 and even Zion Williamson etc and still helped lead us to GOLD with a C- team. 

Nothing you say can change the fact he's one of the greatest basketball coaches of All-Time. 

And you used a scumbag Bobby Knight as an example to slight coach Pops? A scumbag Bobby Knight who used to both mentally and physically abuse KIDS?!? He's a disgusting pos scumbag.

25 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

They won Gold. 

And he coached a USA team without some of our very best such as Lebron James, Steph Curry, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Anthony Davis, Karl-Anthony Towns (born and raised American), Kyrie Irving, James Harden, Klay Thompson, CP3 and even Zion Williamson etc and still helped lead us to GOLD with a C- team. 

Nothing you say can change the fact he's one of the greatest basketball coaches of All-Time. 

And you used a scumbag Bobby Knight as an example to slight coach Pops? A scumbag Bobby Knight who used to both mentally and physically abuse KIDS?!? He's a disgusting pos scumbag.

So was Ty Cobb but was a hell of a player. Personality wise, yea Knight wasnt exactly Peter Pan but he was the premier coach in his era. Pop has had a great career. No question but he nearly blew that medal and it would have been EMBARRASING.  

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I enjoyed every single USA Player throughout Tokyo Olympics but the only American player who was both embarrassing and atrocious was your boy DAMIAN LILLARD (you should check out RealGM's General Forum he's getting absolutely clowned on and laughed at right now by THOUSANDS of Basketball fans).

He was so bad you couldn't even post within this thread. 

He was unwatchable. He was a ball hogging inefficient chucker who only displayed poor shooting (ball hogging) and atrocious "defense".

Only could shoot 21/56 from the field?!? FG% of only .375%?!? Ugh. 

He was our only American basketball embarrassment and was nothing more than a defensive liability with atrocious Defense along with being nothing more than a ball hogging chucker who wanted to "steal the show". He was the most selfish player on the entire team and I hated every moment of it. 

And in closing I hope to the basketball Gods he'll never play another game of USA (team) basketball ever again. He stinks. I always knew he was a chucking PG with atrocious Defense but throughout these Olympic games he showed the NBA basketball world why no NBA superstars has ever ran to "Damien LILLARD" to ring chase and that's because the best he'll ever attract is a washed up Carmelo Anthony. Because no one WANTS TO PLAY WITH "damian lillard". 

He's a Chucker with Atrocious Defense. No wonder why he's nothing more than a 5x 1st round loser. 

I know basketball so much so to the point of TRASHING Damian Lillard before the Olympics even started and throughout Tokyo he proved me right.

• He stunk so bad you couldn't even post within this thread. Because everyone knows if Dame would've dropped 50 points you would've went on a team USA posting rampage...

I gotta be honest here.

nobody outside of you gives a ****.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I gotta be honest here. 

Millions upon millions of people (basketball fans) tuned in and watched from all over the world. 

You, my friend, are what we close an insecure loser.

Dude played with an abdominal injury after shooting 7-13 (all 3 pointers) in game 2. You don’t know basketball. You just type a bunch of stuff and make pretend like you do.

• Upvote 1

Me and my daughter watching our USA Girls vs. Japan and going for our 55th consecutive win and 7th consecutive Gold Medal.

She's been waiting for her big game all weekend she calls this team her DREAM TEAM because it's the greatest amount of talent on one team in global women's basketball history. I love this sh*t man!

IMG_20210807_223503.thumb.jpg.582b514a3638eba93ca6eac333232262.jpg

Already up 10-2 and would be awesome to beat this Japanese team by 50+ in their own Country of JAPAN ???????

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You, my friend, are what we close an insecure loser.

Dude played with an abdominal injury after shooting 7-13 (all 3 pointers) in game 2. You don’t know basketball. You just type a bunch of stuff and make pretend like you do.

Wasn't game #2 vs. IRAN dude? lol.

And oh stop it already. His people leaked these excuses in order to help save face. Because he was so embarrassing (and has been getting clowned on by literally million's of Americans right now just look at Real GM and Twitter).

If he were "so hurt" team USA would've shut him down along time ago. 

And if he really played with "pain" and didn't remove himself but instead continued to hurt his team? Just goes to show how selfish he really is. 

But yeah just stop it already. His "injury" didn’t stop Lillard from playing  or lifting and drinking a champagne bottle.

E8KqF88VcAMZWfs?format=jpg&name=900x900

Like I said. Stop it. You don't drink Champaign when you have "abdominal pain". I'm sorry, but you just don't. 

23 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Wasn't game #2 vs. IRAN dude? lol.

And oh stop it already. His people leaked these excuses in order to help save face. Because he was so embarrassing (and has been getting clowned on by literally million's of Americans right now just look at Real GM and Twitter).

If he were "so hurt" team USA would've shut him down along time ago. 

And if he really played with "pain" and didn't remove himself but instead continued to hurt his team? Just goes to show how selfish he really is. 

But yeah just stop it already. His "injury" didn’t stop Lillard from playing  or lifting and drinking a champagne bottle.

E8KqF88VcAMZWfs?format=jpg&name=900x900

Like I said. Stop it. You don't drink Champaign when you have "abdominal pain". I'm sorry, but you just don't. 

The more words and pics you send out, teh better if u ask me:

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nah. It's much better to eliminate the Japanese in front of their own Country of JAPAN. 

Yo. I couldn't stop laughing when the announcer said "well Japan can't get any taller" ?

Lol.

You misunderstood me.  I wish the Japanese crowd was at full capacity for this game.  The small crowd takes away from the home field advantage.  That would be more entertaining 

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Lol.

You misunderstood me.  I wish the Japanese crowd was at full capacity for this game.  The small crowd takes away from the home field advantage.  That would be more entertaining 

True but damn man. 55 consecutive wins? 7 consecutive Gold Medals? That's absolutely nuts.

I'll worry about "the world catching up to American basketball" once our USA women begin to lose. That's when I'll really begin to worry. 

My daughter is 10 years old plays little league basketball since 5 years old and she's a little BEAST SF! 

I enjoyed our USA girls more than our men's team because my lil girl waiting all day to watch her girls play her big game (as she says) does something to me emotionally man. 

1996.jpg.0f6d8986052742d5b4c746811cdb0133.jpg

Never thought I'd see a greater USA women's team than 1996's until I seen this 2021 version. Next weekend me and my daughter going to binge watch all those 1996 games together because I want her to know about those girls above. 

• Sympathy 1

On 8/7/2021 at 12:50 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Still a mush? Still a jinx? 

Looks like DWC (me) just led our team USA to another USA Basketball Gold Medal. 

????

PS: I had plenty of good things to say about KD throughout these entire Olympics, but did you? ?

Good game and I am very happy they won.  How much money did you win on your 40+ point prediction?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Lol.

I felt this way the entire games for every event. They would have been so great. Japanese crowds are the best on the planet IMO. They have a particular appreciation for craftsmanship and skill in all sports that I have never experienced anywhere else and for hoops I think they would have gone nuts for Durant. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I felt this way the entire games for every event. They would have been so great. Japanese crowds are the best on the planet IMO. They have a particular appreciation for craftsmanship and skill in all sports that I have never experienced anywhere else and for hoops I think they would have gone nuts for Durant. 

It was pretty cool to see Japanese women medal for the 1st time. And did it in their hometown Country of JAPAN too. I didn't watch any team Japan games but I bet those girls played with all out determination and heart throughout the entire Olympics in Tokyo. 

25 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This x100. Culturally, their appreciation for craftsmanship spills over into just about everything. It's such a beautiful thing. I was there for a conference and marveled at how a sushi line chef (even here in NY) took pride in making each piece / roll, for what I know was not a lot of money. And wished that everyone in my hospital, regardless of job title, took that much pride in their work. 

2 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

This x100. Culturally, their appreciation for craftsmanship spills over into just about everything. It's such a beautiful thing. I was there for a conference and marveled at how a sushi line chef (even here in NY) took pride in making each piece / roll, for what I know was not a lot of money. And wished that everyone in my hospital, regardless of job title, took that much pride in their work. 

There was a time in MMA where fighters actually preferred to fight over in Japan when the pay was still equal due to the crowds. Baseball games are wildly different too; no booing, fans giving time for other fans to cheer, less of an emphasis on winning and way more of an emphasis on respect...etc. Every time I am over there I find myself so jealous, from the bullet trains to the overall way people treat each other.

31 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There was a time in MMA where fighters actually preferred to fight over in Japan when the pay was still equal due to the crowds. Baseball games are wildly different too; no booing, fans giving time for other fans to cheer, less of an emphasis on winning and way more of an emphasis on respect...etc. Every time I am over there I find myself so jealous, from the bullet trains to the overall way people treat each other.

I think this is pretty awesome.

• Upvote 1