Top 10 Jets players who you're most looking forward to during Training Camp.

I'm just curious to see which players and in which order you're most looking forward to reading about. 

1.) Zach Wilson. 

2.) Elijah Moore. 

3.) Mekhi Becton. 

4.) Quinnen Williams. 

5.) Hamsah Nasirildeen (can't help myself as an FSU fan I absolutely love this kid). 

6.) C.J. Mosley.

7.) Michael Carter.

8.) Alijah Vera-Tucker. 

9.) Denzel Mims. 

10.) Morgan Moses. 

11.) Carl Lawson (one for good luck because I miss #94).

(This list was harder than I initially though because there are so many players who I was forced to leave off).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Last year’s draft class with a full camp. Particularly Zuniga, Mims, A Davis. Then this years class- Wilson, Vera Tucker, Carter and Moore. Then our FAs - Lawson, Corey Davis. Rounding out with Mosley.

This

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Last year’s draft class with a full camp. Particularly Zuniga, Mims, A Davis. Then this years class- Wilson, Vera Tucker, Carter and Moore. Then our FAs - Lawson, Corey Davis. Rounding out with Mosley.

You make a good point about 2020's draft class not having a real offseason which is why I'm anxious to follow them all and from La'Mical Perine out of Florida to James Morgan of the 4th round and especially Bryce Hall who @Green Bean was in love with. 

• Upvote 1

10 players ? yeah.... all the draft picks, all of last years draft picks, and all the FA pickups...  how about the entire team.

We may assume we have revamped the team with a lot of talent but its all going to come down to the coaching how long it takes players to learn the off and def systems and that usually takes up too half a season.

IMHO we will get our answers during the second half of the season. If we can sneak out some wins early in the year and get close to .500 that would be huge going into the second half of the season. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, K Clue said:

Hoping to see that Denzel Mims improved a lot since last season and hope he plays lights out in training camp and preseason/ regular season.   

Yeah man him suffering an offseason without an offseason hamstring injury and not returning until week 7 stunk. 

And once returning?

• Gase was his HC.

• Loggains was his OC.

• 47th ranked in QB Rating Sam Darnold and completely washed up Joe Flacco were his QBs. 

• 1st round bust Perriman was opposite of him @ outside WR. 

• Should've been retired Frank Gore was his RB. 

Etc. 

Poor kid never had a chance and these aren't excuses these were just examples of his 2020 Rookie reality. 

So many Jets fans have praised Chase Claypool due to being drafted into the hands of Pittsburgh but seem to forget how throughout Denzel Mims 3 years starting career @ NCAA he absolutely kicked Claypool's ass in terms of statistical production and dominance.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Wilson, all the WR's, all the RB's, and the starting O-line.

I could care less how the D looks in camp.

The Offense, to me, right now, is everything.

7 of my 11 players (just went back and checked) were all on Offense but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited over Quinnen Williams, C.J. Mosley, Carl Lawson and Hamsah Nasirildeen (especially with Coach ROBERT SALEH running the show).

• Don't forget 2009/2010 where our Defense had us 1 game away from the SB 2x in a row (Defense matters even more when you've got a Rookie QB).

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yeah man him suffering an offseason without an offseason hamstring injury and not returning until week 7 stunk. 

And once returning?

• Gase was his HC.

• Loggains was his OC.

• 47th ranked in QB Rating Sam Darnold and completely washed up Joe Flacco were his QBs. 

• 1st round bust Perriman was opposite of him @ outside WR. 

• Should've been retired Frank Gore was his RB. 

Etc. 

Poor kid never had a chance and these aren't excuses these were just examples of his 2020 Rookie reality. 

So many Jets fans have praised Chase Claypool due to being drafted into the hands of Pittsburgh but seem to forget how throughout Denzel Mims 3 years starting career @ NCAA he absolutely kicked Claypool's ass in terms of statistical production and dominance.

Yeah man, Gase and Loggains did nothing but hold back last year’s draft class. I have a feeling we will see a couple players from last year show great improvement now that we have an actual NFL staff running this team and not some incompetent clowns.

Also, hope the training staff can actually keep players healthy and in shape this season. 

Yeah, that’s why I was shocked when he actually fell into 2nd round the way he did, especially with all the potential he has. In my opinion he has the traits and talent to be a similar player to Julio Jones. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, K Clue said:

Yeah man, Gase and Loggains did nothing but hold back last year’s draft class. I have a feeling we will see a couple players from last year show great improvement now that we have an actual NFL staff running this team and not some incompetent clowns.

Also, hope the training staff can actually keep players healthy and in shape this season. 

Yeah, that’s why I was shocked when he actually fell into 2nd round the way he did, especially with all the potential he has. In my opinion he has the traits and talent to be a similar player to Julio Jones. 

I just know Denzel Mims never had a chance alongside of Gase and Loggains, two trash QBs in Sam and Flacco, a bust WR in Perriman, Fant @ RT (62nd/62nd ranked OT), can't even remember who our LG was and Frank Gore @ RB. 

if any Jets fan believes Claypool or anyone else would've flourished or made the Pro Bowl as a Rookie under those 2-14 crap scenarios well then I have nothing @ all to say to them because Denzel Mims is a 6'3 blazing fast 4.3 type of freakish WR talent with great hands. 

The Jets went 0-7 without Denzel Mims last year actually correction 0-8. 

• Upvote 1

1.Zach Wilson 

2.Mekhi Becton 

3.Elijah Moore 

4.AVT

5.Bryce Hall

6. Isaiah Dunn

7. Denzel Mims

8. Michael Carter 

9. Cj Mosley

10. Carl Lawson

If pass rushers could actually hit the qb then Lawson and Williams would easily be way higher on here. But definitely more excited to see how the new look offense does in those joint practices. 

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I just know Denzel Mims never had a chance alongside of Gase and Loggains, two trash QBs in Sam and Flacco, a bust WR in Perriman, Fant @ RT (62nd/62nd ranked OT), can't even remember who our LG was and Frank Gore @ RB. 

if any Jets fan believes Claypool or anyone else would've flourished or made the Pro Bowl as a Rookie under those 2-14 crap scenarios well then I have nothing @ all to say to them because Denzel Mims is a 6'3 blazing fast 4.3 type of freakish WR talent with great hands. 

The Jets went 0-7 without Denzel Mims last year actually correction 0-8. 

Nope, nobody on the team stood a chance.

Yeah, Perriman sucked for us, I bet Mims is going to love having Corey Davis on the opposite side of him. Well I should say I think they both will love it since you can’t double team them both lol.

Also, with the offensive line improving the way it did that alone is going to be a huge game changer since our QB will actually have time to throw the ball and our backs should be able average more than 3 yards a carry. ( To be fair that was mainly Gases fault since he only ran up the middle with old man Gore 15 times a game )

I’m honestly just really excited for this season because for the first time in a long time it just feels like the Jets are heading in the right direction. I am not expecting a winning season or playoffs, but I am expecting the Jets to actually be competitive game after game win or lose.

• Sympathy 1

On offense focusing on the WRs is a waste of time. Their success or failure depends on one person and one person only. Zach Wilson. His success, for the most part, will depend on the OL. QB and OL is the only thing to focus on from the offensive perspective. The CB’s and Mosley would be what I’m watching on the defensive side
of things.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I can't remember ever being this excited about a young roster like this.

There's just so much young potential, so much to be optimistic about.

While I do understand it's only potential.

When you look at it and, just for fun, imagine if Becton, AVT, Moore, Carter, QW, Mims and of course, Zach - all live up to that potential - this is a Super Bowl level roster.

Not saying it will be but as of right now it CAN be - and, for this team, that's more than I've been able to say in 15 years.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Heres my thoughts even though I'm cheating.  

1) Zach Wilson.  

2) DL.  If they can't get pressure and controll the line it could be a long year.  Quinnen Williams and Carl Lawson might be great in this system and with all the depth they all may benefit each other.  I'm imagining pockets collapsing and lines moving back.  

3) OLine - I've got myself talked into this being a strength of the team this year, but it's not a given.  AVT and Morgan Moses need to be the real deal with this squad and system.  I'm a Mekhi Becton believer but it takes 5.  

4) Elijah Moore.  He pops on the tape and I can't wait to see him play.  I'll have to settle for highlights and reports for now haha. 

5) CJ Mosley - Staying healthy and continuing to be a beast.  If the DL does what I think it will, he might be able to feast this season.  

6) Anybody who stands out in any way.  I love it. 

7) TEs ... Anybody with a pulse who can block or who isn't turning completions into interceptions in the reports would be a nice surprise.  

3 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

1.Zach Wilson 

2.Mekhi Becton 

3.Elijah Moore 

4.AVT

5.Bryce Hall

6. Isaiah Dunn

7. Denzel Mims

8. Michael Carter 

9. Cj Mosley

10. Carl Lawson

If pass rushers could actually hit the qb then Lawson and Williams would easily be way higher on here. But definitely more excited to see how the new look offense does in those joint practices. 

I know absolutely nothingness about this Isaiah Dunn kid please tell me more and why you're so fired up about him. 

2 hours ago, Viermoo said:

On offense focusing on the WRs is a waste of time. Their success or failure depends on one person and one person only. Zach Wilson. His success, for the most part, will depend on the OL. QB and OL is the only thing to focus on from the offensive perspective. The CB’s and Mosley would be what I’m watching on the defensive side
of things.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I couldn't disagree more man. 

In 2009 and 2010 Mark Sanchez had pretty good weapons with kids like Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes (2010), Jerricho Cotchery, Leon Washington coming out of the backfield and even Dustin Keller. 

But come 2011? Sanchez was ruined and he was done for.

No more Leon Washington and more importantly both of Braylon Edwards (his favorite WR) and Jerricho Cotchery (flourished in Pittsburgh) were no longer Jets and instead replaced by two absolutely washed up players in Plaxico Burress straight out of prison and a completely washed up 40 year old Derrick Mason. And that's all she wrote for Mark Sanchez; he was ruined by a lack of receiving options.

Yes I'm thankful we've got a much improved O-Line which is why the likes of Becton/AVT/Moses are all on my top 10 but Corey Davis, Denzel Mims, Elijah Moore, Jamison Crowder and Michael Carter (receiving out of the backfield) are reasons why I'm so fired up because he's not walking into a Mark Sanchez 2011 type of atrocious WR scenario. 

You think only our O-line has been serverely neglected over the years? So has our WR room which is why I believe Keyshawn Johnson (1996), Santana Moss (2001), Stephen Hill (2012) and Devin Smith (2015) were our only 4 WRs drafted throughout the 1st/2nd rounds dating back to 1996 and throughout 2019 of 24 years ago. And for an offensive driven league that's absolutely pathetic and it's been criminal. Because O-lineman can help block and help pass protect but they can't score you TDs. 

And then Joe freaking Douglas arrived and changed all of that.

In his first two offseasons he's not only drafted two O-lineman in the first round (Mekhi/AVT) and two WRs during the 2nd round (Mims/Elijah) but he's equality addressed both positions in FA while giving us Corey Davis (WR) and Morgan Moses (RT).

I can't remember the last time any Jets GM have attacked both O-Line and WR as JD has throughout only a 2 year span. Our WR unit had been ignored for 24 years and our O-Line was ignored dating back to after 2006. 

Joe Douglas has put Zach Wilson in position to succeed immediately and heading into Training Camp I'm fired up because of it man. Both WR and O-Line are ready to go.

18 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I know absolutely nothingness about this Isaiah Dunn kid please tell me more and why you're so fired up about him. 

Joe Douglas gave him the largest contract for an undrafted corner (In history) given what we know about Joe Douglas and contracts that the first thing that pops out you. There was  multiple reports during mini camp that he was lighting up the field, When you dig deeper and actual watch some of his film its not hard to see why. He's a tall athletic, physical corner who thrives man to man. I had to go with one under the radar player given the massive question mark at corner it would dope if Joe found a gem. Excited to see how he does with pads on. 

2 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Joe Douglas gave him the largest contract for an undrafted corner (In history) given what we know about Joe Douglas and contracts that the first thing that pops out you. There was  multiple reports during mini camp that he was lighting up the field, When you dig deeper and actual watch some of his film its not hard to see why. He's a tall athletic, physical corner who thrives man to man. I had to go with one under the radar player given the massive question mark at corner it would dope if Joe found a gem. Excited to see how he does with pads on. 

Ok SOLD and thnx you because YouTube here I come!

• Upvote 1