I asked a Jets fan, and a Broncos fan if they were glad or mad that Tom Brady won a Super Bowl with the Bucs

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Hate both of them but love Arians and was glad to see him get a ring.  He should have been a HC in the NFL 25 years ago.  

I desperately wanted him to be our HC after Rex and after Bowles and have posts on JI and JN about it. Always felt he was wildly underrated. Haters will say it took Brady to get him over the top, and maybe it did - but that doesn't diminish him as an HC.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

If I'm guessing...Jim Brown and Jerry Rice.  IMO, he's overtaken Montana as the top QB.

Rice and Peyton.

I loved Montana. I think Steve Young is one of the most underrated HoFers in the league by popular vote. All of that being said, it's impossible to disentangle Walsh's impact on the two QBs. The same might be said of Rice, but IMO it's entirely unwarranted. I forget the exact number but there were more than two dozen WRs to catch passes from those two QBs in Walsh's system before the rest of the league caught up, and none of them were able to do what Rice did. Rice also did it consistently and for much longer. When it was all said and done, he owned every single receiving record of all time, and had done all of it prior to the passing explosion that started in '04 due to rule changes and "player safety". To this day, he has an overly comfortable lead in just about every receiving category over any receiver to ever play. It's mind-blowing what he accomplished.

Peyton - I'm tired of arguing. It's like anything else - Lebron/Jordan, Fed/Nadal/Djoker, Dem/Repub. People who agree with me will continue to do so, people who disagree will continue to do so. I feel extremely strongly in my belief that Peyton did more with less over the course of his career, and that the reason he didn't end up with more rings has to do with the fact that (1) he was carrying lesser teams on his huge oversized forehead whereas Brady always had a substantially better team and coaching staff around him, (2) because of this, his mistakes in the playoffs were magnified significantly more than any of Brady's mistakes, and (3) he was going up against Brady and Belichick his entire career - and still ended up having the better head-to-head record against them. His individual prime was longer and stronger than Brady's, his peaks were higher, and he never got to play with any player that was in consideration for GOAT at their position.  

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, CSNY said:

Patriots winning. Just can’t stand Brady 

You'd rather Belichick win within our own AFC East Division than Brady winning somewhere far away in the NFC? 

I love you CSNY one of my favorite Jets posters but I couldn't disagree more it was so fun watching Bill Belichick become absolutely exposed without Tom Brady last year man I loved every second of it. 

42 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Wholeheartedly agree with all of this. I have additional datapoints that point to why Brady is not the GOAT QB, let along GOAT player. For your final paragraph - I have a post somewhere on JN from the 2019 offseason that went into detail of literally every single Brady playoff game and whether his contributions were the determining factor in the win or loss. If I were to add to that list for the last two seasons, I'd take about his awful performance against the Titans in 2020, and the fact that if it weren't for an all time great defensive playoff run, he wouldn't even have had a chance to play in the SB given his three second half INTs in the NFC championship game! 

I just don't have it in me to argue it anymore though. I did so for a long time and have continuously been bashed for it, and it's called my perspective on other non football things into question too with my IRL friends and family (all degenerate massholes, but still). So, I just let the uneducated and simplistic narrative run free at this point.

This talk of a long, detailed, data-driven post is absolutely titillating.

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Rice and Peyton.

I loved Montana. I think Steve Young is one of the most underrated HoFers in the league by popular vote. All of that being said, it's impossible to disentangle Walsh's impact on the two QBs. The same might be said of Rice, but IMO it's entirely unwarranted. I forget the exact number but there were more than two dozen WRs to catch passes from those two QBs in Walsh's system before the rest of the league caught up, and none of them were able to do what Rice did. Rice also did it consistently and for much longer. When it was all said and done, he owned every single receiving record of all time, and had done all of it prior to the passing explosion that started in '04 due to rule changes and "player safety". To this day, he has an overly comfortable lead in just about every receiving category over any receiver to ever play. It's mind-blowing what he accomplished.

Peyton - I'm tired of arguing. It's like anything else - Lebron/Jordan, Fed/Nadal/Djoker, Dem/Repub. People who agree with me will continue to do so, people who disagree will continue to do so. I feel extremely strongly in my belief that Peyton did more with less over the course of his career, and that the reason he didn't end up with more rings has to do with the fact that (1) he was carrying lesser teams on his huge oversized forehead whereas Brady always had a substantially better team and coaching staff around him, (2) because of this, his mistakes in the playoffs were magnified significantly more than any of Brady's mistakes, and (3) he was going up against Brady and Belichick his entire career - and still ended up having the better head-to-head record against them. His individual prime was longer and stronger than Brady's, his peaks were higher, and he never got to play with any player that was in consideration for GOAT at their position.  

When I read "Peyton", I thought you meant Walter Peyton and I agreed. Then I kept reading, and we diverged, lol. 

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Andy Reid is the greatest coach of All-Time imo and will pass both Don Shula and *Bill Belichick* before it's all said and done with because unlike Bill? Andy wins with EVERY SINGLE QB HE'S EVER COACHED from McNabb and Alex Smith to Mahomes it doesn't matter and he's won with like 4-5 other QBs too. 

Charlie Weis and Josh McDaniels deserve 100% of credit for Tom Brady and Bill Belichick a Defensive minded coach deserved 0% credit for Tom Brady. 

Reid is 63 and has 221 wins Shula has 328 so if he avg 15 wins a year till he's 70 he might get there..B)

• Haha 1

This is bizarre.

I hate Brady purely because of his association with the Patriots. They’re the divisional rival.

I couldn’t really care less about Brady now. If anything I get to appreciate how amazing he is at the sport without wanting to die.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, freestater said:

When I read "Peyton", I thought you meant Walter Peyton and I agreed. Then I kept reading, and we diverged, lol. 

Lol. That's Payton - like Sean Payton. Only 1 Peyton. And yes, many folks to diverge with my thinking of him.

FTR I think Barry Sanders is the best RB I've ever seen. I'm a bit too young for some of the older players, but based on everything I've read and all the highlights I've tried to consume, I think I'd have loved Dickerson in his prime. 

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

Reid is 63 and has 221 wins Shula has 328 so if he avg 15 wins a year till he's 70 he might get there..B)

Cool because @ 69 Bill Belichick will never get there @ currently 48 wins away and if he averages another 7 wins per season it'll take him another 7 years to break it. 

I'm going to be pulling for Andy Reid to at least make a running for it (when not playing the Jets).

50 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You'd rather Belichick win within our own AFC East Division than Brady winning somewhere far away in the NFC? 

I love you CSNY one of my favorite Jets posters but I couldn't disagree more it was so fun watching Bill Belichick become absolutely exposed without Tom Brady last year man I loved every second of it. 

DWC. As the original poster stated that there is no correct answer as both options really suck. I get the Belichik angle and all that goes with it but I really really can’t stand Brady 

Also thank you for the compliment as I do enjoy your threads and  your opinions even if I might not agree with some of your (mmmm let me put this tactfully )well researched  but sometimes rather long posts 😊 continue doing what you do as it Keeps the board lively 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

They both would rather have seen Belichick win another Super Bowl without Brady than seeing Brady win with the Bucs. I found that interesting because I was glad that Brady won in Tampa Bay because it likely pissed Belichick off. Or maybe it didn't, who the hell knows?

I'm sure that many Jets fans, and fans of any NFL team besides the Bucs and Patriots would have rather that neither Brady or Belichick win another game, let alone another Super Bowl. If you could change the course of history with the only two options being Brady wins a Super Bowl or Belichick wins a Super Bowl, which do you choose? I know that neither is the correct answer, but please play along. 

With so little happening now in the off-season, I find this to be an acceptable topic to pass the time. I HATE THIS TIME OF THE YEAR! I want football!

Who Cares Larry David GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

14 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm going to be pulling for Andy Reid to at least make a running for it (when not playing the Jets).

LOL, it's not happening. There is a better chance that Andy Reid is dead by 70 than there is that he passes Shula by 70. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Obviously the records and super bowls pan this out.  But, I'm not so sure.

Brady has been historically lucky, and on historically good defenses.  In his last 3 Super Bowls combined, Brady's defenses have allowed 33 points on 32 drives.  Additionally, he's 2-0 in Super Bowls when leading the offense to 13 points or less.  Every other QB in NFL history is 0-25 under these circumstances.

This data is from prior to the 2020 season:

Over the course of his career, Brady's average starting field position averages out to 8th best in the league.  Rodgers is 15th, Brees is 17th, and Manning is 19.5.

Over the course of his career, in points per drive of the defenses, Brady's averaged 9th, Manning averaged 17th, Rodgers is 18th, and Brees's is 21st.  6 times is his career Brady's had a top 5 defense is points per drive, vs 4 times for Manning, Rodgers, and Brees combined.  If you look at it in terms of top 10, 13 of 18 seasons, Brady's had a top 10 defense in points per drive.

Defensive TDs: Brady's teams average 4.6 per year.  Manning 3.8, Rodgers 3.7, Brees, 2.8

Interestingly, opposing kickers have made 76% of FGs against Brady, whereas the other 3 are all over 80%.  Pats since 2001 have had the 2nd best FG% in the NFL, and the lowest FG% against over that same time.

As for playoffs, Brady gets worse by over 7 points in passer rating.  The other super bowl winners, Montana, Aikman, Bradshaw all improve.

Tuck Rule, Vinettari makes that kick, Winning AFCCG in 2000 despite 0 points on offense, Wins Super Bowl 36 despite on 13 points on offense, Carolina kicks ball out of bounds in late in Super Bowl, Marlon McCree picks off Brady w/ 6min left in AFCCG and then fumbles it back, Winning 2007 AFCCG despite 3INTs and 66 Passer rating, winning 2011 AFCCG despite 2 INTs and a 57.5 passer rating, Malcom Butler, The Falcons, Myles Jack down by contact, Dee Ford.

I don't love the GOAT argument.  Loved Staubach, Montana, Marino.  When your team has just scored with under 2 minutes left in a game to take the lead on NE and the lead was less than a TD you knew you were toast.  He was a stone cold killer with the game on the line.   The guy had 14 game winning drives in the playoffs.   Ice water in the veins with the game on the line. 

In the game against Seattle, the Seahawks had a great defense.  No 1 in the NFL.  Brady had 4 TD's including on the last drive to give them the lead by 4 with 2:01 on the clock.  

In the Atlanta game the Pats were down by 8 with 3: 30 to go.  Drives right down the field scores a TD and a 2 point conversion.  In OT they drove right down the field and scored a TD.  

He's had his share of luck and no doubt he's played on good teams.  So did Montana and Elway, Bradshaw, Staubach, Manning both of them.  Brady is the standard for big game, clutch situations.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

LOL, it's not happening. There is a better chance that Andy Reid is dead by 70 than there is that he passes Shula by 70. 

I think Andy Reid is one of the better - and maybe more importantly - more influential coaches ever. I don't think he'll ever get to all time wins, but I also don't think that record alone is an arbiter for best coach ever. Shula doing it in 14 game seasons is incredibly impressive, but I can rattle off 5 coaches that I would take over him in a heartbeat. 

13 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I think Andy Reid is one of the better - and maybe more importantly - more influential coaches ever. I don't think he'll ever get to all time wins, but I also don't think that record alone is an arbiter for best coach ever. Shula doing it in 14 game seasons is incredibly impressive, but I can rattle off 5 coaches that I would take over him in a heartbeat. 

He literally has winning records with 90% of his QBs it's crazy. Bill can never say the same. 

44 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Lol. That's Payton - like Sean Payton. Only 1 Peyton. And yes, many folks to diverge with my thinking of him.

FTR I think Barry Sanders is the best RB I've ever seen. I'm a bit too young for some of the older players, but based on everything I've read and all the highlights I've tried to consume, I think I'd have loved Dickerson in his prime. 

Earl Campbell was a machine, Dickerson could run people over, but The Tyler Rose used to do it to D linemen. Nobody ever looked better in love-ya blue.

• Upvote 1

To me Earl Campbell was the best back I ever saw play. He could either run around you or over you. He was fun to watch 

• Upvote 1

Bill Belichick has never and can never even sniff a SB without Brady (he's only got 1 career wild card win without him).

Bill Belichick (without Tom Brady):

• 133 games coached (8.3 years worth and no small sample size).

• Losing record of 61-72 (.455%).

• 12 different QB's not named "Tom Brady".

• 1 Playoff appearance (without Brady).

• 1-1 Postseason record (50%).

• 0 Super Bowl appearances.

Kosar (11-18),

Philcox (2-3),

Tomczak (4-4),

Testaverde (16-15),

Rypien (2-1),

Zeier (1-3),

Bledsoe (5-13),

Cassel (10-5),

Garoppolo (2-0),

Brissett (1-1). 

Hoyer (0-1). 

Newton (7-8). 

That's absolutely pathetic and just goes to show why I consider him not only the most overrated coach of All-Time but also the biggest fraud of All-Time. 

(Don't be so impressed with Matt Cassel either because the following season he made a Pro Bowl under Andy Reid, played better under Reid than Bill and actually made the playoffs).

I expect Bill to go 4-13 to 6-11 next season. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, CSNY said:

To me Earl Campbell was the best back I ever saw play. He could either run around you or over you. He was fun to watch 

Earl was a little before my time but for me it's

#1.) Barry Sanders.

#2) Adrian Peterson.

And I'm not willing to rank them in order but all I know is that as RBs I freaking loved all of Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas and Marcus Allen as a kid throughout the 1990's (born in 1985) and then #28 Curtis my favorite Martin, Jerome Bettis, Marshall Faulk, LaDainian Tomlinson and Edgerrin James.

I'm a sucker for RBs it's always just been the most exciting position in all of Football to me (outside of QB). 

My top 5 current RBs in order (ok top 7). 

• Dalvin Cook. 

• Christian McCaffrey. 

• Saquon Barkley.

• Derrick Henry. 

• Alvin Kamara. 

• Nick Chubb. 

• Ezekiel Elliott.

(I'm expecting monster comeback season's from both Barkley and McCaffrey here in 2021). 

(My older brother swears to me that O.J. Simpson of his prime was the greatest he's ever seen).

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Earl was a little before my time but for me it's

#1.) Barry Sanders.

#2) Adrian Peterson.

And I'm not willing to rank them in order but all I know is that as RBs I freaking loved all of Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas and Marcus Allen as a kid throughout the 1990's (born in 1985) and then #28 Curtis my favorite Martin, Jerome Bettis, Marshall Faulk, LaDainian Tomlinson and Edgerrin James.

I'm a sucker for RBs it's always just been the most exciting position in all of Football to me (outside of QB). 

My top 5 current RBs in order (ok top 7). 

• Dalvin Cook. 

• Christian McCaffrey. 

• Saquon Barkley.

• Derrick Henry. 

• Alvin Kamara. 

• Nick Chubb. 

• Ezekiel Elliott.

(I'm expecting monster comeback season's from both Barkley and McCaffrey here in 2021). 

(My older brother swears to me that O.J. Simpson of his prime was the greatest he's ever seen).

All excellent backs but watch some old Houston Oiler games on you tube (I guess that’s were they can be found.) He basically was there entire offense as Bum Phillips would give him the ball 35 times a game and everyone knew but still couldn’t stop him.Him carrying the ball that much prematurely ended his career but man his prime years in my opinion no one was better  He was great 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, CSNY said:

All excellent backs but watch some old Houston Oiler games on you tube (I guess that’s were they can be found.) He basically was there entire offense as Bum Phillips would give him the ball 35 times a game and everyone knew but still couldn’t stop him.Him carrying the ball that much prematurely ended his career but man his prime years in my opinion no one was better  He was great 

Yeah I'm looking @ his 1st 4 years of stats right now and he was an animal it looks like. 

Earl: 1,404 rushing attempts, 6,457 rushing yards and 55 rushing TDs along with 75 catches for another 345 receiving yards so 6,802 yards from scrimmage combined (1,700 yards per season). 

Only missed one game too which is crazy for a physical runner like he was and I've seen a lot of his highlights before but didn't realize he was this dominant statistically speaking.

But what did you think of O.J. Simpson (as a player) who's also a little before my time but my brother swears is the greatest All-Time?

I'm looking at an insane 5 year period of 1972-1976 where O.J. went...

O.J: 1,513 rushing attempts, 7,699 rushing yards, 45 rushing TDs, 98 receptions for 1,142 receiving yards, 9 TD catches and 8,841 combined yards from scrimmage with 54 TDs (1,768 yards per season)!!!?!?

Brady is out of our division now so his success doesn’t affect me. He’s the GOAT and I respect his greatness. 

I hope Belichick never makes the playoffs again and he’s exposed for the fraud GM he is....Brady held together that patchwork of a roster for years and now it shows....hence the spending like a drunken sailor during FA. Belichick struggling to reach 8 wins the rest of his career sounds like music to my ears! 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I created a thread about Belichick becoming exposed as a fraud without Brady months before the 2020 season began. 

I was called out for it. 90% of Jets fans were telling me it was all Bill Belichick. 

And it felt awesome to be proven right. 

Bill Belichick is a career loser without Brady and throughout 7.2 years of coaching without Brady? He's never sniffed a SB and has 2 winning seasons compared to 5 losing seasons; he's a fraud. 

I never hated Tom Brady like I never hated Michael Jordan but I feared Tom Brady like I feared Michael Jordan and I'll never hate on absolute greatness. 

Tom Brady winning a SB during the 1st year without Belichick and Belichick completely failing to make the playoffs without Brady was good enough for me. Bill Belichick is now exposed and like Barry Bonds and Pete Rose should never be ALLOWED into the H.O.F due to Spygate. 

Dude lets see the thread . Link pls. Otherwise its bs lets go

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yeah I'm looking @ his 1st 4 years of stats right now and he was an animal it looks like. 

Earl: 1,404 rushing attempts, 6,457 rushing yards and 55 rushing TDs along with 75 catches for another 345 receiving yards so 6,802 yards from scrimmage combined (1,700 yards per season). 

Only missed one game too which is crazy for a physical runner like he was and I've seen a lot of his highlights before but didn't realize he was this dominant statistically speaking.

But what did you think of O.J. Simpson (as a player) who's also a little before my time but my brother swears is the greatest All-Time?

I'm looking at an insane 5 year period of 1972-1976 where O.J. went...

O.J: 1,513 rushing attempts, 7,699 rushing yards, 45 rushing TDs, 98 receptions for 1,142 receiving yards, 9 TD catches and 8,841 combined yards from scrimmage with 54 TDs (1,768 yards per season)!!!?!?

DWC  Can’t really give opinion on OJ as I really don’t remember seeing him play much. The few games I remember  he was at USC where McKay would run Student Body Right and he was unstoppable 

46 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Dude lets see the thread . Link pls. Otherwise its bs lets go

Wtf do I have to lie about on a sports message board man?

I created this thread before Brady ever played his first game in TB. 

And 8 people thumbs downed me. 5 people rolled eyes at me and 2 people laughed at me and many more disagreed with me (while believing in the fraudulent BB 🤣

I might've been my typical Jets homer throughout thread but I knew 100% Bill would become exposed as a fraud without Tom Brady (and I was 100% right).

And I knew Brady was the All-Time great too and him winning a SB during year #1 in TB and far away from Bill proved me 100% right (once again).

And I've never wrote an article that long - because I've never been so convinced about anything sports related. As I was BB a freaking FRAUD. 

I took it one step further in my OP and explained how 2019's NE "#1 D" would NEVER rank #1 without Brady (ever) again. 

It's a long thread full of lots of posts but please don't never call me out as "bullsh*t" ever again.

Thnx you. 

PS: I can also send you screenshots of me texting one of my best friends who's a diehard Buccaneers fan telling him and guaranteeing to him that Brady would win him a SB last year and I sent these FB texts to him when the Bucs were 0-1. 

7 hours ago, Ron Jeremy said:

Was happy for Brady, atleast he seems to have somewhat of a heart, he is more himself since leaving the pats and always has been given a bad rap for bills cheating. Bill thew Brady under the bus, showed little respect to a guy that made the franchise. Bill has a turd for personality.

Also, rarely have I have seen ( if ever) a former teammate put sh*t on Brady, he seems to be loved in all locker rooms, with bill there seems to be more and more sh*t about him coming out from ex players.

I think I hated Brady in the same way Rams or Saints fans hated Montana in the 80’s.

The respect was always there, I just hated the fact that the greatest QB on the planet played in the same division as my favorite team. And for the better part of a quarter century to boot.

I don’t even care about the “deflate gate” crap. Brady could’ve tossed his own nutsack around the field and beaten the softass Colts by 20+.

Spy Gate was much more egregious and you’d have to be a knuckleheaded dipsh*t to blame anyone but Belichick for that plot.

Even with some shady stuff thrown into his career, you aren’t simply bamboozling your way to 7 championships and counting.

Brady is the Jordan/Ruth/Gretzky of pro football. Accept it and move on instead of sounding like a whiny puss trying to demean all of his accomplishments.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Wtf do I have to lie about on a sports message board man?

I created this thread before Brady ever played his first game in TB. 

And 8 people thumbs downed me. 5 people rolled eyes at me and 2 people laughed at me and many more disagreed with me (while believing in the fraudulent BB 🤣

I might've been my typical Jets homer throughout thread but I knew 100% Bill would become exposed as a fraud without Tom Brady (and I was 100% right).

And I knew Brady was the All-Time great too and him winning a SB during year #1 in TB and far away from Bill proved me 100% right (once again).

And I've never wrote an article that long - because I've never been so convinced about anything sports related. As I was BB a freaking FRAUD. 

I took it one step further in my OP and explained how 2019's NE "#1 D" would NEVER rank #1 without Brady (ever) again. 

It's a long thread full of lots of posts but please don't never call me out as "bullsh*t" ever again.

Thnx you. 

PS: I can also send you screenshots of me texting one of my best friends who's a diehard Buccaneers fan telling him and guaranteeing to him that Brady would win him a SB last year and I sent these FB texts to him when the Bucs were 0-1. 

Dude i was busting your chops lol

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

As a die hard Jets fan I was extatic that Brady won the Super bowl. My hatered of the patriots is intense so it's great to see them see it was never the "patriot way" that won them super bowls but the Tom Brady way. Hope you enjoyed the ride Pats fans because it is over! No more playoffs for you, your franchise is going to continue the downward spiral straight into the basement. Looking forward to the franchise and the hoodie mutally agreeing to part ways in the next 2 years after 3 seasons of losing records

I  hate Tom Brady so much that I want everyone to hate him for crushing their pathetic teams dreams. Sick of everyone blaming the weak AFC East for all his success. Brady was so good he destabalized the entire division. I hope he continues to win Suberbowls so that everyone else can feel the Jet's pain. Cheering for Tom Brady every time he takes the field (except vs the Jets) for the rest of his career.