Becton arrives

7 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

If your chest is bigger than your belly than you are in good shape in my book.

It you can dominate Nick Bosa you're in great shape and if you can dominate Joey Bosa for 1 Series before he ran away from Becton to abuse Fant after the first drive? You're an elite Franchise LT.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Reason, the first:  I'm in my mid-late 40's.

Reason, the second:  I have blown ACL's in both knees.

Reason, the third:  My 425 is ~400 of blubber.  Maybe 410.

Reason, the fourth:  I was never a good football player.  Baseball was my sport.

Apart from those, I've been emailing JD daily to ask for a tryout, oddly he seems to be ignoring me still.....

Now I want a steel cage match between you and Crusher.  lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

He is definitely in better shape now than he was a month ago.  Not really that surprising.  I started a half-marathon training plan a month ago, and I am in alot better shape too.  

Becton seems like a good guy who wants to do well, succeed and play well for his team.   He needs to live in a constant state of food and exercise vigilance.  If he takes his eye off the ball, he will veer off course relatively quickly.   He was basically on his own from January-May and probably backslid somewhat.  He appears to be on the right track now. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Forget it.   All I picture is Warfish in a kilt hurling one of those telephone poles at Scottish Highland Gathering and Games.

He could always fill in for the girls gymnastic team with that kilt on. There's an opening.  Can you imagine a 425 LB. gymnast doing a flying triple somersault.  ?‍♂️

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I can't wait to see him pancake the best edge rushers in the league. 

Most NFL fans would scoff at someone saying that a 2nd year player was capable of that, but not Becton, this guy is a beast and pancakes come easy for him....

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Lith said:

Semone Becton getting triggered lol.  If this is the biggest issue that she has with Jet fans, then she and her son are ahead of the game.

Just don't call her Simone. 

In fairness, Mekhi is an unusual/uncommon name, and also in fairness, sports fans routinely spell even easy names wrong.

Hell, I don't think I've ever spelled Laverne (& Shirley) Coles(law) 's name correctly, and not out of any spite, I quite liked that guy.

Also, dyslexia. Mekhi, Mehki, pretty easy mistake.

So, er, Big Ticket it is?

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I like Becton a lot but the fact that he's one of those guys that walks around with the gallon jug of water is annoying AF.  Oooooooh look at me I'm soooooo hydrated.

But that’s just a regular sized water bottle for him.  He probably laughed at Giannis’ 50 chick fil a nuggets order too.  

• Upvote 1