Training Camp Pressers.

Lith

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I still think Fant is going to be the starting RT.  I think Moses is here as depth.  That is what his contract tells you.

Coach says they are battling for the spot but its Fant's to lose.

I’m pretty sure Moses ranks significantly higher in every blocking statistic there is. The only thing Fant beats him in is salary and I don’t think Sarah will determine his starters by what they are earning. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I’m pretty sure Moses ranks significantly higher in every blocking statistic there is. The only thing Fant beats him in is salary and I don’t think Sarah will determine his starters by what they are earning. 

Its not always about pff stats.  Fant is tailor made for this system and a much better athlete.

We will see.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its not always about pff stats.  Fant is tailor made for this system and a much better athlete.

We will see.

Morgan Moses is already listed as our starting RT and has made 96 consecutive starts @ RT and didn't come to the Jets to sit behind an absolute scrub in "Fant". 

Morgan Moses is not only tremendous in pass protection but he's also an absolute animal in the run game and overall a top 3 NFL RT.

Morgan Moses absolutely physically dominated the greatest edge pass rusher in the game today (and Fant got destroyed and abused by everyone in pass protection last year). 

Morgan Moses is even more dominant than Damien Woody and if you believe he came here to backup "Fant" I've got two bridges to sell you and one is in Brooklyn and the other is in Queens.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I still think Fant is going to be the starting RT.  I think Moses is here as depth.  That is what his contract tells you.

Coach says they are battling for the spot but its Fant's to lose.

I disagree.  If that was the case, he would have taken the multiple years offer that JD wanted to give him.  By taking the 1 year deal, he is betting on himself to be very good this year, so that he warrants a better contract next year.  

I absolutely don't believe that it's Fants spot to lose.  I do believe they are both on equal footing, and let the best man win.  Based upon last years play, I would say that Moses clearly has the upper hand.