JetNation Access to the HALL OF FAME This week!

Hey everyone, 

Just wanted to take a moment and let you in on a little something we've been cooking up at JetNation.  We have been granted access to the Pro Football Hall of Fame for an opportunity to create and capture content from within the Hall itself. 

We have a few ideas for some content, but I wanted to throw it out to you guys and check if there are any topics of interest that you'd be interested in seeing.  We will obviously check out all of the Curtis Martin, Joe Namath, Don Maynard and Kevin Mawae set ups and provide you all with an inside look, but is there anything else you'd like to see us grab? 

So let me know what you think.  We will be there tomorrow morning! 

GO JETS! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, AFJF said:

Approach every HoF employee you see and ask them if they can direct you to Joe Klecko's bust.

hahaha. 

Well that didn't take long huh?  ?

I'm thinking of doing a segment on Jets players who either should or will be in the HOF at some point.  D Ferguson made it past the first rd of voting this year so he's got a shot to get in later.  Mangold, Revis, Trumaine Johnson,  ya know... those types. ? 

19 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

hahaha. 

I'm thinking of doing a segment on Jets players who either should or will be in the HOF at some point.  D Ferguson made it past the first rd of voting this year so he's got a shot to get in later.  Mangold, Revis, Trumaine Johnson,  ya know... those types. ? 

That's going to be an awfully short segment.  Revis might make it but probably not Brick and Mangold.   

24 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

hahaha. 

a 3 time Pro Bowler?? Gastineau was a 5 time Pro Bowler and 3 time All Pro and he has no shot ever to get in..

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

That's going to be an awfully short segment.  Revis might make it but probably not Brick and Mangold.   

Yeah but i'm quite the talker.  i can make a segment on Salami into an hour long diatribe.  ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

a 3 time Pro Bowler?? Gastineau was a 5 time Pro Bowler and 3 time All Pro and he has no shot ever to get in..

isn't that just the worst? And he's also the rightful owner of the single season sack record, but that argument falls on deaf ears sadly. I don't recall one Qb laying down on the field so Gastineau could increase his numbers. 

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

isn't that just the worst? And he's also the rightful owner of the single season sack record, but that argument falls on deaf ears sadly. I don't recall one Qb laying down on the field so Gastineau could increase his numbers. 

Gastineau and Klecko, obviously, deserve it.  I think it's a Jets thing and also I think both were convicted of crimes. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Might make it? L O L!!!! 

The early retirement might be a blip, but Revis should make it.  Helps that he got a ring. You think he's a 1st ballot?  That will be interesting to follow.  

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

The early retirement might be a blip, but Revis should make it.  Helps that he got a ring. You think he's a 1st ballot?  That will be interesting to follow.  

I think he will end up being a first ballot.  it might be close, but I think he will get in. 

Mangold is also someone i think will get legit consideration. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Hey everyone, 

Just wanted to take a moment and let you in on a little something we've been cooking up at JetNation.  We have been granted access to the Pro Football Hall of Fame for an opportunity to create and capture content from within the Hall itself. 

We have a few ideas for some content, but I wanted to throw it out to you guys and check if there are any topics of interest that you'd be interested in seeing.  We will obviously check out all of the Curtis Martin, Joe Namath, Don Maynard and Kevin Mawae set ups and provide you all with an inside look, but is there anything else you'd like to see us grab? 

GO JETS! 

somehow show the importance of Jets SB victory as initial catalyst for AFL acceptance of 'old NFL guard'

Also, the open it up Jets (and whole AFL) approach to football (genesis of WCO aka Sid Gilliam type football) that changed face of 3 yards and cloud of dust Vikings (and most of NFL) type of football

A good quote if they have there is Rooney saying he was pissed when told he was one of 3 teams being sent to AFC for merger.. He then said it ended up being best thing that ever happened as it forced Pittsburg to draft and change style to compete in AFC and eventually become much more wide open and multiple SB winner.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Hey everyone, 

GO JETS! 

Aint much going on in Canton Ohio except the HOF.  My GF's family is from Canton.  I go quite a bit. 

I went 2 summers ago, wore my Namath jersey in.  Couldn't wait to get out of Canton!  Enjoy!!!!

4 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

somehow show the importance of Jets SB victory as initial catalyst for AFL acceptance of 'old NFL guard'

Also, the open it up Jets (and whole AFL) approach to football (genesis of WCO aka Sid Gilliam type football) that changed face of 3 yards and cloud of dust Vikings (and most of NFL) type of football

A good quote if they have there is Rooney saying he was pissed when told he was one of 3 teams being sent to AFC for merger.. He then said it ended up being best thing that ever happened as it forced Pittsburg to draft and change style to compete in AFC and eventually become much more wide open and multiple SB winner.

i love that.  this is good SJ.  I appreciate it.  I am going to consider that stuff when I'm recording the content.  I'll be sure to spend some time collecting any information they have displayed for that era a well. Good stuff. 

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Aint much going on in Canton Ohio except the HOF.  My GF's family is from Canton.  I go quite a bit. 

I went 2 summers ago, wore my Namath jersey in.  Couldn't wait to get out of Canton!  Enjoy!!!!

hahaha. Well it's good that I'm going there specifically for the HOF then huh?  I tried to get into the HOF game and the ceremonies, but I[m grateful for what I access I could get. I can't wait to see if they stick me in a closet or not. ?. Either way I'm psyched about it.

I have some interests in Akron too so this enables us to nail both down in one day which is pretty cool.  Where does your girlfriend live again?  ??

• Upvote 1