Training Camp Tweets ‘21 7/28(Zach Wilson-less edition)

35 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I stand corrected.  I saw a tweet earlier that said he didn’t.  That’s interesting.

The offsets Vacchiano was talking about related to if the player is suspended.  I can certainly see not wanting to set that precedent. My understanding is that Lawrence had them pulled.  Not sure about Fields.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

It's weird that pretty girls park their cars?  I'd better let my wife know!

lol, to be striking a pose in an empty space… you know? concrete isn’t quite the backdrop for a posed photos

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Revis held out his rookie season too...

Yes, in an era when salaries for rookies were negotiated, not set by the CBA. In Revis' day just about everything was open to negotiation. Today it's timing of signing bonus payments and offset language. And they have paid signing bonuses all up front in the past, so that is likely not the issue.

Not even close to the Mevis situation.

1 minute ago, viffer said:

Yes, in an era when salaries for rookies were negotiated, not set by the CBA. In Revis' day just about everything was open to negotiation. Today it's timing of signing bonus payments and offset language. And they have paid signing bonuses all up front in the past, so that is likely not the issue.

Not even close to the Mevis situation.

Cool, was just pointing out this isnt the first time the Jets have struggled to sign a 1st round pick.  Wasnt really comparing the situations. 

58 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, to be striking a pose in an empty space… you know? concrete isn’t quite the backdrop for a posed photos

38 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

These Instagram girls love taking pics in parking garages for some reason. 

Not that I'd expect you guys to understand it, but for those of us this beautiful the world is our photo location. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

The Pat's fans are talking about Mac Jones winning the day against cam..

The Bills fans are talking Allen blowing up camp and darting perfect throws..

The Fin's fans are talking about... Tua Ta...errr...Jacoby Brisset's (WTF?) big day..

The Jet's fans are talking whether their billionaire owners will pay a few million to their starting QB now or in a couple years..

J.E.T.S.

Exactly. Penny pinching. I believe this is all J. D at this point. If the Johnsons step in, it will be to overrule Douglas, and get Zack in here.

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

The Pat's fans are talking about Mac Jones winning the day against cam..

The Bills fans are talking Allen blowing up camp and darting perfect throws..

The Fin's fans are talking about... Tua Ta...errr...Jacoby Brisset's (WTF?) big day..

The Jet's fans are talking whether their billionaire owners will pay a few million to their starting QB now or in a couple years..

J.E.T.S.

Pats fans are talking about the Brady Bucs. Only the old farts that were fans before their reign are standing by the team, the rest jumped ship like the dodgy filth we thought they were.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

This is an owners thing.

For what it's worth

There have been two articles posted on JN saying that the Rams and Jags are the teams that have been by passing the off set language in rookie contracts.  Most of the other owners are sticking together with it.

IMO the reason that most of the owners are holding fast on it is, when the next CBA comes around, it will be a negotiation item the owners will give up to the union, to get something back that actually matters.

I don't expect to see the Jets backing off of this at all.  Probably offering  the full upfront gnt'd money , as they did with Darnold.

I hope Wilson isn't stupid enough to let an agent, who has a history of this, hold him out of camp to set a precedent, and make himself look good, or this could be a long stupid hold out.

JMO   

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, flgreen said:

This is an owners thing.

For what it's worth

There have been two articles posted on JN saying that the Rams and Jags are the teams that have been by passing the off set language in rookie contracts.  Most of the other owners are sticking together with it.

IMO the reason that most of the owners are holding fast on it is, when the next CBA comes around, it will be a negotiation item the owners will give up to the union, to get something back that actually matters.

I don't expect to see the Jets backing off of this at all.  Probably offering  the full upfront gnt'd money , as they did with Darnold.

I hope Wilson isn't stupid enough to let an agent, who has a history of this, hold him out of camp to set a precedent, and make himself look good, or this could be a long stupid hold out.

JMO   

Good post , but since he picked him knowing full well of the guy has a propensity for this, I’m pretty sure gonna be awhile. 

• Upvote 1

For what it is worth, the reporting on the offsets is pretty uneven.  The Athletic reports that Fields and Mac Jones have at least partial offset language.  The Boston Globe reports that as of June 10 Fields also is the only player so far in this year’s draft to have no offset language on any of his guarantees.  

Obviously they both can't be correct.  Similar with Lance.  I would assume that the partial offsets relate to performance vs. injury/suspension.  

• Upvote 1

7839A8C2-2143-44A5-921B-0D0A1F9CC199.thumb.png.0b168ce99ab97e86947fda39b234bfce.png

Most interesting things here are Keelan Cole and Michael Carter being inserted into the starting lineup on offense, Hamsah Nasirildeen getting the not at Will over Cashman and Sherwood, Guidry getting the nod MC2, Jackson over Pinnock/ Dunn, JFM getting the start at Edge.