GETTING THAT SICK SOJ FEELING

TMAC

Sorry, but we finally have a GM that has a plan and he is following it. For years all we have heard is what push overs the Jets are. Now everyone wants to cry we should just give in and give Wilson’s agents what ever they want.
I want the kid in camp as much as anyone, but I can live with White and
Morgan getting a little time under center. It’s time this franchise finally becomes a real business and not a laughing stock.
The kid will get signed and the Jets will be better for it. Because down the road someone else will want some other BS, and the Jets have shown they didn’t just give in to there “star unproven QB”, so don’t expect it to change for a player less important to the franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Sorry, but we finally have a GM that has a plan and he is following it. For years all we have heard is what push overs the Jets are. Now everyone wants to cry we should just give in and give Wilson’s agents what ever they want.
I want the kid in camp as much as anyone, but I can live with White and
Morgan getting a little time under center. It’s time this franchise finally becomes a real business and not a laughing stock.
The kid will get signed and the Jets will be better for it. Because down the road someone else will want some other BS, and the Jets have shown they didn’t just give in to there “star unproven QB”, so don’t expect it to change for a player less important to the franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Stop making sense.  Its not understood around here.

13 minutes ago, Facts said:

Well said.

I posted last week that JD hasn’t done much to show me he is a good GM and people jumped all over me.

I stand by my post.

A poster above said that this is good for the franchise because it proves that we have a plan and are sticking to it and it shows future players not to try to receive concessions.

I disagree.

It shows that the franchise is petty and will waste days of rookie camp over a pittance. It’s the complete opposite of professional.

Letting players get as much money and benefits as they want from the organization out of fear of player dissatisfaction or holdouts is also not professional. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I wonder if other fan bases are this paranoid lol. 

-Lamar Jackson missing 10 days of camp due to covid. 

- Deshaun Watson legal problems wants out of Houston 

- Aaron Rodgers league MVP unhappy with situation with Packers 

I wonder if those fan bases are in full blown panic after day 2 of training camp of their qbs having legitimate gripes with there team and not petty language in a contract. I get it "But we're the Jets" It's craziness everyone needs to settle down. 

12 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

Letting players get as much money and benefits as they want from the organization out of fear of player dissatisfaction or holdouts is also not professional. 

Let’s say you’re a doctor.

There are 3 hospitals in need of your speciality and each want you.

One has a reputation for having a tough-ass hiring manager that squabbles over (in the grand scheme of things) the most minor things. The other two are fair but don’t take such a hard-ass approach.

The majority of people will choose the non hard-ass. And players are no different. It’s a bad look.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

12 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

I wonder if those fan bases are in full blown panic after day 2 of training camp of their qbs having legitimate gripes with there team and not petty language in a contract. I get it "But we're the Jets" It's craziness everyone needs to settle down. 

(whispers) not a single one of those examples are rookies

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Facts said:

Let’s say you’re a doctor.

There are 3 hospitals in need of your speciality and each want you.

One has a reputation for having a tough-ass hiring manager that squabbles over (in the grand scheme of things) the most minor things. The other two are fair but don’t take such a hard-ass approach.

The majority of people will choose the non hard-ass. And players are no different. It’s a bad look.

Mike Maccagnan made it rain in negotiations.  Didn’t help the Jets much.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Facts said:

(whispers) not a single one of those examples are rookies

What does that have to do with anything? Lol Darnold missed the first 3 practices his rookie year. Did that magically stunt his development? These first few practices are glorified mini camp practices. Is it annoying? Sure, But I do not share the same doom and gloom mindset as some on here. 

• Haha 1

Just now, JETSALLDAY24X said:

What does that have to do with anything? Lol Darnold missed the first 3 practices his rookie year. Did that magically stunt his development? These first few practices are glorified mini camp practices. Is it annoying? Sure, But I do not share the same doom and gloom mindset as some on here. 

You don’t understand how a rookie missing practices (and potentially pre-season games) is different than a HOF QB, or league MVP?

9 minutes ago, Facts said:

You don’t understand how a rookie missing practices (and potentially pre-season games) is different than a HOF QB, or league MVP?

You got anything else besides what you already repeated in another post? I saw it the first time. Here's a hint tho, I couldn't careless what Wilson looks like in a red shirt & shorts. Would it be nice to have him practicing? Obviously, but I'm far from panicking. If we get to the padded practices and the green & white scrimmage and there's no progress then we can worry. These first few days are meaningless. 

• Thumb Down 1

48 minutes ago, Facts said:

You don’t understand how a rookie missing practices (and potentially pre-season games) is different than a HOF QB, or league MVP?

Actually you brought it in response for Darnold missing 3 practices.

Hes missed one day in shells and you're talking missing preseason games

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually you brought it in response for Darnold missing 3 practices.

Hes missed one day in shells and you're talking missing preseason games

No, I said that in response to someone mentioning Lamar Jackson, Aaron Rodgers and Watson.

The first pre-season game is 2 weeks away. You think he plays if he misses a full week of practices?

Or are you just betting he is back to camp tomorrow (if so, I hope you’re right).

8 minutes ago, Facts said:

No, I said that in response to someone mentioning Lamar Jackson, Aaron Rodgers and Watson.

The first pre-season game is 2 weeks away. You think he plays if he misses a full week of practices?

Or are you just betting he is back to camp tomorrow (if so, I hope you’re right).

He'll play.  

Hes not going to miss a full week of practices.

1 hour ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

The entire point of blowing up the front office and coaching staff was to bring order to Florham Park and avoid the type of petty dysfunction that we've suffered through for decades.

This is Day 1 of training camp of the new regime and they already f------ it up.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TMAC said:

Only one first round draft pick not signed: Zach Wilson.  This is extremely disturbing.  This kid is the centerpiece of our rebuild.  We need him in camp.  We need him to be as ready as possible.  When Fitzgarbage held out after a flukey good season, the results were disastrous.  I really don't know who is to blame here and don't pretend to understand the nuances and subtleties of these contract negotiations.  I don't get a sense of urgency here and I'm beginning to wonder if this has the Johnson stink attached to it.  Frankly, I don't care if it costs them millions of dollars extra to get Wilson in camp.  That's a fan's point of view but do the Jets really want to play chicken here and throw away another season? Maybe they do.

Consider a noose? 

7 hours ago, TMAC said:

Only one first round draft pick not signed: Zach Wilson.  This is extremely disturbing.  This kid is the centerpiece of our rebuild.  We need him in camp.  We need him to be as ready as possible.  When Fitzgarbage held out after a flukey good season, the results were disastrous.  I really don't know who is to blame here and don't pretend to understand the nuances and subtleties of these contract negotiations.  I don't get a sense of urgency here and I'm beginning to wonder if this has the Johnson stink attached to it.  Frankly, I don't care if it costs them millions of dollars extra to get Wilson in camp.  That's a fan's point of view but do the Jets really want to play chicken here and throw away another season? Maybe they do.

Omg. Go kick rocks lol. 

6 hours ago, hawk said:

The player is worried about offsets in case he gets cut later correct?  I'm more worried that our FQB is concerned about being cut than if we are pushing around an agent or so called FQB.

Why aren't you worried that Jets are concerned that they might cut their new franchise QB?  

What a bunch of drama queens.

If this goes on for a couple of weeks, you can legitimately start to worry.  A day or two at the beginning of camp?  Completely irrelevant.  It's business.  Nobody cares except for overly emotional fans.

It totally amazes me how most people are faulting the Jets in this situation.  It's pretty clear that Zach Wilson is demanding special treatment and breaking the standard used by the Jets and almost every team in the league.  Offset language is commonplace.

• Sympathy 2

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The entire point of blowing up the front office and coaching staff was to bring order to Florham Park and avoid the type of petty dysfunction that we've suffered through for decades.

This is Day 1 of training camp of the new regime and they already f------ it up.

SAR I

If you swapped out the names Mike White with Zach Wilson in this tweet. People here would be collectively overreacting that Joe Douglas found the next Patrick Mahomes. This fan base is 100 or 0 and overreacts to everything. How many times have we heard "Great things" out of training camp then watched the team get bitch slapped on Sunday's and have had the season over by Columbus day? Training camp doesn't really mean anything. If we get to preseason games and joint practices and this is still a thing. Then I'll worry, Yall are way too old to be putting this much stock into day 1 of training camp tho. Please grow up. 

Screenshot_20210728-231110~2.png

8 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Yall are way too old to be putting this much stock into day 1 of training camp tho. Please grow up. 

What is Yall?  This is New York, son.  We don’t eat rabbit in these parts.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Wow great example! I think the Texans fan base is totally cool with the whole situation. 

0658B56D-ADAC-4995-B061-CD44B2F8BD72.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Just LOL at comparing Rodgers and Jackson's situation to Wilson. They know their offences backwards, they're not supposed to be leading a transition into a new era. They're not playing with every teammate for the first time. The lengths people will go to to justify this are hilarious. Rodgers is actually in camp too. 

Watson is another level of f*cked and yeah I'm pretty sure Houston fans are pretty upset about that. Maybe actually look for yourself. 

But keep saying there's nothing to see here. It's not a big deal that Wilson is the only first round rookie unsigned. Two weeks before he should be starting a preseason game. It's a shambles, it reflects horribly on the organization as evidenced by the 31 other fanbases laughing at how ridiculous it all is. 

• Upvote 3