Jump to content

Lamar Jackson tests positive for COVID-19, misses opening practice of Baltimore Ravens' training camp


Recommended Posts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31904360/sources-lamar-jackson-dealing-issue-related-covid-19-miss-baltimore-ravens-practice%3fplatform=amp
 

John Harbaugh confirms Lamar Jackson tested positive for COVID-19

Ravens coach John Harbaugh shares that Gus Edwards and Lamar Jackson will miss the start of training camp due to testing positive for COVID-19.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barkus said:

If he is not vaxxed. He will have to miss at least 10days. 

How will they practice?  Lol

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

over/under on posts before this thread gets locked?

Why? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I wonder how many professional athletes who refuse to take the vaccine would willingly line up to take steroids if they could.

 

In fairness, you know what you are getting both good and bad with steroids, really no clue with an experimental vaccine 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 6
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

In fairness, you know what you are getting both good and bad with steroids, really no clue with an experimental vaccine 

How do you know the good and bad with Steroids?

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I wonder how many professional athletes who refuse to take the vaccine would willingly line up to take steroids if they could.

 

I dunno but everyone testing positive over the past few weeks in sports seems to have been vaxxed so.

  • Thumb Down 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, undertow said:

I dunno but everyone testing positive over the past few weeks seems to have been vaxed so.

Not sure where you are getting that from.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-lamar-jackson-covid-vaccine-20210616-fbhivqyuujee3kvedlzrn4naxu-story.html

Ravens QB Lamar Jackson declines to say whether he’s vaccinated, calling it a personal decision

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Not sure where you are getting that from.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-lamar-jackson-covid-vaccine-20210616-fbhivqyuujee3kvedlzrn4naxu-story.html

Ravens QB Lamar Jackson declines to say whether he’s vaccinated, calling it a personal decision

All 9 Yankees players and staff who tested positive last week were vaxxed.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Exactly and the data is clear.  They're extremely dangerous.  You would have to be an idiot to put them in your body for anything other than a serious medical condition where steriods are needed and prescribed.  They are way more dangerous for the average Joe than the Vaccine.

FDA report on Pfizer Vaccine:

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/mcm-legal-regulatory-and-policy-framework/pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-frequently-asked-questions

A: Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is authorized to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) in individuals 16 years of age and older.

FDA evaluated and analyzed the safety and effectiveness data from clinical trials conducted in tens of thousands of study participants and manufacturing information submitted by Pfizer-BioNTech. FDA has determined that the totality of the available data provides clear evidence that Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine may be effective in preventing COVID-19 and support that the known and potential benefits outweigh the known and potential risks of the vaccine’s use in millions of people 16 years of age and older, including healthy individuals.

FDA on anabolic Steroids.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-approves-new-changes-testosterone-labeling-regarding-risks-associated-abuse-and-dependence

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved class-wide labeling changes for all prescription testosterone products, adding a new Warning and updating the Abuse and Dependence section to include new safety information from published literature and case reports regarding the risks associated with abuse and dependence of testosterone and other AAS. 

The Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 1990 placed AAS, including testosterone, in Schedule III of the Controlled Substances Act. Testosterone and other AAS are abused by adults and adolescents, including athletes and body builders. Abuse of testosterone, usually at doses higher than those typically prescribed and usually in conjunction with other AAS, is associated with serious safety risks affecting the heart, brain, liver, mental health, and endocrine system.  Reported serious adverse outcomes include heart attack, heart failure, stroke, depression, hostility, aggression, liver toxicity, and male infertility. Individuals abusing high doses of testosterone have also reported withdrawal symptoms, such as depression, fatigue, irritability, loss of appetite, decreased libido, and insomnia. 

The new Warning will alert prescribers to the abuse potential of testosterone and the serious adverse outcomes, especially those related to heart and mental health that have been reported in association with testosterone/AAS abuse.  In addition to the new Warning, all testosterone labeling has been revised to include information in the Abuse and Dependence section about adverse outcomes reported in association with abuse and dependence of testosterone/AAS, and information in the Warning and Precautions section advising prescribers of the importance of measuring serum testosterone concentration if abuse is suspected. Prescription testosterone products are FDA-approved as hormone replacement therapy for men who have low testosterone due to certain medical conditions. Examples of these conditions include failure of the testicles to produce testosterone because of genetic problems, or damage to the testicles from chemotherapy or infection.  

The FDA asks health care professionals and consumers to report any adverse reactions with the use of testosterone products to the FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program:

 

Im not arguing either side of this, I am vaccinated and I don't use steroids. But the facts are people know good and bad what they are getting with Steroids, with the vaccine like it or not we are all a part of a long term study with unknown outcomes

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

over/under on posts before this thread gets locked?

 

51 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

In fairness, you know what you are getting both good and bad with steroids, really no clue with an experimental vaccine 

I’m guessing you took the under? 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, undertow said:

All 8 Yankees players you tested positive last week were vaxxed.

Breakthrough infections are increasing. All 8 of the Yankee who had breakthrough infections were vacinated with the single dose J&J vacinne.  While it has a high rate of protection against serious illness it's less effective than both Moderna and Pfizers 2 shot vaccine for protection against infection.  

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Im not arguing either side of this, I am vaccinated and I don't use steroids. But the facts are people know good and bad what they are getting with Steroids, with the vaccine like it or not we are all a part of a long term study with unknown outcomes

That's not a fact.  That's an opinion.  

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Breakthrough infections are increasing. All 8 of the Yankee who had breakthrough infections were vacinated with the single dose J&J vacinne.  While it has a high rate of protection against serious illness it's less effective than both Moderna and Pfizers 2 shot vaccine for protection against infection.  

Yes exactly so assuming someone who tests positive hasn't been vaccinated isn't very smart...but I should really just stay out of these posts people aren't really interested in facts.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, undertow said:

I dunno but everyone testing positive over the past few weeks in sports seems to have been vaxxed so.

1.  I dont think thats true 

2.  I wouldnt believe anyones claim knowing they'll get grief for not doing simple prevention

3.  The point of the vaccine is to keep you from dying.  None have died

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tooooon said:

This thread sucks

Congrats on your 9th post.  It really added to the conversation

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

People have been using and abusing them since the 40's, we have over 80 years of data on them

How do you compile information about illegal steroids, not prescribed steroids, that are bought illegally, taken illegally, not under a doctors supervision?  Whos tracking all this and how?  

A lot more people have died by abusing steroids.  Especially given how few take illegal steroids vs the millions who have taken a COVID-19 vaccine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jet Nut said:

How do you compile information about illegal steroids, not prescribed steroids, that are bought illegally, taken illegally, not usually under a doctors supervision?  Whos tracking all this?  

A lot more people have died by abusing steroids.  Especially given how few take illegal steroids vs the millions who have taken a COVID-19 vaccine.

You do realize that steroids are given as HRT and have been for a very long time, under doctor supervision?  Not every athlete who takes steroids abuses them. Many countries also have no laws against steroids and they are not illegal, and they have been around for over 80 years now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

1.  I dont think thats true 

2.  I wouldnt believe anyones claim knowing they'll get grief for not doing simple prevention

3.  The point of the vaccine is to keep you from dying.  None have died

None would have died without the vaccine either if you look at their statistical cohort

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

You do realize that steroids are given as HRT and have been for a very long time, under doctor supervision?  Not every athlete who takes steroids abuses them. Many countries also have no laws against steroids and they are not illegal, and they have been around for over 80 years now. 

I said illegal.  

Yes, buying illegal steroids from your trainer without supervision by a medical professional is abusing the drug.  

Heroin has been around for over 80 years too.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

None would have died without the vaccine either if you look at their statistical cohort

Yeah, and you have no idea thats true.

None

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jet Nut said:

I said illegal.  

Yes, buying illegal steroids from your trainer without supervision by a medical professional is abusing the drug.  

Heroin has been around for over 80 years too.  

The majority of projfessional athletes who are taking PED's are doing it under dr supervision, like it or not. Yes, and we know the good and bad with Heroin as well, its mostly bad. Steroids have a lot of good if they are used properly

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...