Lamar Jackson tests positive for COVID-19, misses opening practice of Baltimore Ravens' training camp

3 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

The majority of projfessional athletes who are taking PED's are doing it under dr supervision, like it or not. Yes, and we know the good and bad with Heroin as well, its mostly bad. Steroids have a lot of good if they are used properly

BS.  Doctors arent risking their careers providing illegal drugs to athletes.

Was ARods cousin a Dr?  Barry Bonds get Dr supervision from BALCO?  Clemens from his personal trainer?  Lyle Alzado etc, etc, who died, were they under a Drs supervision?  HS kids?  You sound naive 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

BS.  Doctors arent risking their careers providing illegal drugs to athletes.

Was ARods cousin a Dr?  Barry Bonds get Dr supervision from BALCO?  Clemens from his personal trainer?  Lyle Alzado etc, etc, who died, were they under a Drs supervision?  HS kids?  You sound naive 

Im not talking about the 70's, I am talking about modern times. Also note, there is an enormous difference between a dr prescribing and providing PED's to an athlete, and monitoring their intake and levels while on it. I am not naive at all, because you don't like what I post, doesnt mean I don't know what I am talking about.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

What statistic says you cant die from COVID?

600,000 people would find issue with your ability to read stats

Of course you can die from Covid, don't be silly. But if you look at 20-30 year old healthy people with no co-morbidities, who are not obese and in good health, you will see the odds of dying are in the ballpark of dying from a car crash or less

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Congrats on your 9th post.  It really added to the conversation

Ah yes, the old “you haven’t posted much so you don’t know what you are talking about!” internet message board mentality.  

This is a Jets message board.  Arguing over and over with the same mindless politically driven vaccine drivel is for another page.  This thread does indeed suck. Sorry pal.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Im not talking about the 70's, I am talking about modern times. Also note, there is an enormous difference between a dr prescribing and providing PED's to an athlete, and monitoring their intake and levels while on it. I am not naive at all, because you don't like what I post, doesnt mean I don't know what I am talking about.

Anabolic steroids are illegal.  They cant be prescribed.  

4 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Of course you can die from Covid, don't be silly. But if you look at 20-30 year old healthy people with no co-morbidities, who are not obese and in good health, you will see the odds of dying are in the ballpark of dying from a car crash or less

Im not doing this, you can believe whatever you want

4 minutes ago, Tooooon said:

Ah yes, the old “you haven’t posted much so you don’t know what you are talking about!” internet message board mentality.  

This is a Jets message board.  Arguing over and over with the same mindless politically driven vaccine drivel is for another page.  This thread does indeed suck. Sorry pal.

Its not political, not mindless, so yes you dont have a clue of what youre talking about.  

Dont like the subject, dont open the thread and then bitch.  Talk about internet message board mentality?  

But Im guessing you were interested in the fact that a NFL MVP has COVID.

15 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

The majority of projfessional athletes who are taking PED's are doing it under dr supervision, like it or not. Yes, and we know the good and bad with Heroin as well, its mostly bad. Steroids have a lot of good if they are used properly

Most people in there life will be prescribed steriods like Prednisone for a real medical condition.  Most legit doctors are very conservative about prescribing them.  

Most athletes who are taking them are looking for a competitive edge.  Any doctor presribing it for a none medical reason so that an athlete can get an edge isn't really acting as a doctor.  He's a drug dealer.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Biggs said:

Most people in there life will be prescribed steriods like Prednisone for a real medical condition.  Most legit doctors are very conservative about prescribing them.  

Most athletes who are taking them are looking for a competitive edge.  Any doctor presribing it for a none medical reason so that an athlete can get an edge isn't really acting as a doctor.  He's a drug dealer.

I never said the dr is prescribing them, but if a patient comes in and says I am taking steroids and would like you to monitor my health, the dr is not doing anything wrong. Just like if a heroin patient comes in to a dr and says I am taking heroin, can you monitor my health, the dr can do so without breaking the law.

And anabolic steroids are absolutely prescribed for HRT by doctors, but that is not what athletes are doing

11 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Most of them will interact with people who have issues including family members.  We have a moderator on the board who's wife is in treatment for cancer.  If she's hospitalized while on chemo and a young healthy patient with covid is wheeled into the hospital next to her she's at risk.

Covid is a pandemic.  Healthy people put unhealthy people at risk.  We live in a community with other human beings.  You can't separate shared responsability based on co-morbidities or age.  If the virus snaps back, hospitalizations increase, people stop going to work and producing goods and services we all suffer.  

The personal choice argument that's underlying your position is a big lie. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I never said the dr is prescribing them, but if a patient comes in and says I am taking steroids and would like you to monitor my health, the dr is not doing anything wrong. Just like if a heroin patient comes in to a dr and says I am taking heroin, can you monitor my health, the dr can do so without breaking the law.

And anabolic steroids are absolutely prescribed for HRT by doctors, but that is not what athletes are doing

By monitoring their health do you mean injecting them, dossing them?  I think if a doctor injected someone with Herion they would probably be in violation of the law. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Most of them will interact with people who have issues including family members.  We have a moderator on the board who's wife is in treatment for cancer.  If she's hospitalized while on chemo and a young healthy patient with covid is wheeled into the hospital next to her she's at risk.

Covid is a pandemic.  Healthy people put unhealthy people at risk.  We live in a community with other human beings.  You can't separate shared responsability based on co-morbidities or age.  If the virus snaps back, hospitalizations increase, people stop going to work and producing goods and services we all suffer.  

The personal choice argument that's underlying your position is a big lie. 

Youre arguing a completely different point than I made, and you are also arguing with someone who is vaccinated. So I guess you just like to argue

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If theyre legal as hes saying, why is Robinson Cano and others suspended?  Why do NFL players get suspended every year?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If theyre legal as hes saying, why is Robinson Cano and others suspended?  Why do NFL players get suspended every year?

dude, you realize there is a difference between anabolic steroids being prescribed for HRT which is legal, and a professional sports league saying you cannot take them? And did Cano go to jail, or get suspended for his use? Come on man, I don't mind arguing and debating, but do better than this please

50 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

There is definetly something wrong with doctors helping people take drugs that are dangerous and aren't being taken for any health condition.  

Michael Jacksons doctor was doing exactly that and was found guilty of manslaughter. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

The doctors are nothing more than profiteers and should lose their licenses for participating in it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

dude, you realize there is a difference between anabolic steroids being prescribed for HRT which is legal, and a professional sports league saying you cannot take them? And did Cano go to jail, or get suspended for his use? Come on man, I don't mind arguing and debating, but do better than this please

You do realize that every sport has outlawed anabolic steroids for performance enhancement?  Whos doing anabolic steroids for hormone replacement therapy.

What are you arguing about Cano?  He broke the rules, used steroids for an illegal advantage.  Dont try and turn a turd into a flower by hiding behind HRT.  Thats not what athletes are using 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You do realize that every sport has outlawed anabolic steroids for performance enhancement?  Whos doing anabolic steroids for hormone replacement therapy.

What are you arguing about Cano?  He broke the rules, used steroids for an illegal advantage.  Dont try and turn a turd into a flower by hiding behind HRT.  Thats not what athletes are using 

wow, nice redirection and argument change bud, well done

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Anabolic steroids are illegal.  They cant be prescribed.  

https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/pubs/brochures/steroids/public/

Doctors may prescribe steroids to patients for legitimate medical purposes such as loss of function of testicles, breast cancer, low red blood cell count, delayed puberty and debilitated states resulting from surgery or sickness.

• Upvote 1