It’s negligence Wilson isn’t at camp

Seriously, what’s going on here. This isn’t hard.

JD rolled the dice with the sam trade and taking Wilson…now he wants to stall the kid that has zero back up going into the season.

Yes just trot the kid out there sep 12 what could go wrong.

This is wrong on so many levels. Get deal done and swallow your pride. We are the Jets, we don’t exactly have the street cred to be widdling guys down on language 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

The whining about this is ridiculous. What a bunch of babies. Go get your baba's and take a nappy poo.

Clearly none of these people have ever been involved in serious negotiations...these are probably the same people who fall for the old used car salesman taking your driver's license trick. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

JD rolled the dice with the sam trade and taking Wilson…now he wants to stall the kid that has zero back up going into the season.

This is wrong on so many levels. Get deal done and swallow your pride. We are the Jets, we don’t exactly have the street cred to be widdling guys down on language 

Your boy Darnold missed 3 practices and was trotted out in Detroit and did pretty well.  And this is a better team in every way

I guess the 25+ page thread wasnt really covering this

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Thank you. We’ve had a recent banning and needed someone to pick up the slack. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

It was a nice 5 hour run Kev. 

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

What a terrible take. Rolled the dice? You mean got a deal with a team that was way over value for what Sam was worth considering his record? And by stall you mean just stick to his guns and have off set language in the contract like all other contracts to protect the team?

We don't have street cred? What the hell are you talking about. It's one thing to just be wrong but then this comment..wtf r u talking about. It very standard language to protect the team and Zach camp tried to get rid of it. There was no chance of this everyone knew it. Zach and the team won't really be hurt by this but it would have been nice for him to been there day 1

On 7/30/2021 at 12:35 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

no kidding but the reality is I get it. I mean Jets have alway made terrible desiciions on so many things for so long it is hard to beeive that things have changed. But things have changed and it is glorious.

I agree 100%. I've never been such a believer in any GM the Jets have ever had besides maybe when Parcells was GM for a year in 2000. I think Woody has finally found a good front office. The key going forward, is to leave Joe Douglas alone and let him build the team the way he wants to. I really think with JD, this team will be SB champions within 4 years.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I agree 100%. I've never been such a believer in any GM the Jets have ever had besides maybe when Parcells was GM for a year in 2000. I think Woody has finally found a good front office. The key going forward, is to leave Joe Douglas alone and let him build the team the way he wants to. I really think with JD, this team will be SB champions within 4 years.

If the Johnsons weren’t asking for deferred signing bonus payments, @kevinc855 never would’ve started this thread. Letting the professionals run the organization would be a huge step forward for this ownership. I felt like they were getting there, but Woody probably came back a little antsy to stick his nose where it was better off not being. 

24 minutes ago, slats said:

If the Johnsons weren’t asking for deferred signing bonus payments, @kevinc855 never would’ve started this thread. Letting the professionals run the organization would be a huge step forward for this ownership. I felt like they were getting there, but Woody probably came back a little antsy to stick his nose where it was better off not being. 

We have no idea if it was the Johnsons or JD.  By all accounts they have handed over all operations to JD.  I have to see the difference at this point.

This organization is more professional than I can remember.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We have no idea if it was the Johnsons or JD.  By all accounts they have handed over all operations to JD.  I have to see the difference at this point.

To some around here. Any bad decision by front office is because the Johnsons have a say. 

Then they celebrate good decisions and say how happy they are JD makes all the calls…

Conflict logic much?

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

To some around here. Any bad decision by front office is because the Johnsons have a say. 

Then they celebrate good decisions and say how happy they are JD makes all the calls…

Conflict logic much?

Dude, you’re now arguing with the guy who was formerly one of JD’s top 3 biggest critics here.  

The Jets have a competent GM for once.  Not perfect, probably not the next Ozzie Newsome, but competent.  Just enjoy it. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

There is absolutely no reason for the GM to withhold signing bonus money. It has nothing to do with the salary cap and therefore nothing to do with his job. That was a directive from the ownership. They did have something to gain by way of making money off of Zach Wilson’s money. 

9 hours ago, slats said:

There is absolutely no reason for the GM to withhold signing bonus money. It has nothing to do with the salary cap and therefore nothing to do with his job. That was a directive from the ownership. They did have something to gain by way of making money off of Zach Wilson’s money. 

Well, all I keep hearing around here is "Precedence" and how important that is.   Could simply be a negotiation tactic or you could be right and it's the Johnsons.

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, slats said:

It was a chip. They used the chip to retain the offset language 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, slats said:

I really don't know who's asking for deferred signing bonus payments, but remember JD has just as much motivation to request it as ownership does. If JD gives up on deferred payments and just straight up gives Zach the value of the contract that accelerates and costs the Jets NOW. Not later, but now. That hurts our ability to budget this season or prevents us from rolling over cap space into future years. JD is the man responsible for keeping the financial house in order. So JD wants these deferred payments just as much as Woody probably wants them.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I really don't know who's asking for deferred signing bonus payments, but remember JD has just as much motivation to request it as ownership does. If JD gives up on deferred payments and just straight up gives Zach the value of the contract that accelerates and costs the Jets NOW. Not later, but now. That hurts our ability to budget this season or prevents us from rolling over cap space into future years. JD is the man responsible for keeping the financial house in order. So JD wants these deferred payments just as much as Woody probably wants them.

The Jets don’t have cash issues. It’s no concern of JD’s when and how bonus money gets paid. It has no impact on the cap, and no impact on his ability to do his job. It’s purely ownership wanting to hold onto their money longer. Nothing else. 

3 hours ago, Larz said:

It was a chip. They used the chip to retain the offset language 

This, yes, I’ll give you. Even though the offset money thing is stupid, too. Especially for the #2 pick in the draft. CIA directors probably face less of a vetting process than highly touted college athletes. 

This aged well.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1