Zach Wilson has officially signed

So what makes anyone think the deal was held up more by the bonus payment timing and not the offset language???  Both sides gave on an issue.  Wilson and his agent are as much to blame as anyone for this 2 day delay.  JD is just doing his job.  Agents need to make themselves appear valuable to NFL rookies.  Hire me - I got Zach Wilson a "unique " deal.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Thank God our fanbase is not the type to TOTALLY OVERREACT and start finger-pointing ("I blame Douglas"  "Wilson is a spoiled rich kid", etc).  

Geez.  Now we can get on with the season!

But will the lesson be learned?  Nooooooooo sir.  This board has itchy trigger fingers.  

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Lets go!!!

The Jets will pay out his bonus in 15 days. The Jets get their offset language. 

HOW THE F DID THIS TAKE THREE MONTHS TO DO

My thoughts exactly.  They needed three months to figure this out.  But it doesn't matter now.  Get Zach into camp tomorrow or Saturday and lets get going.

This could of easily been done a few days ago. Salah wanted to get a good look at Morgan and White and see which one was more prepared in Zacks absence. Now fairly soon I fully expect the Jets to bring in a veteran or maybe another youngster and kick one of those guys to the curb.

• Sympathy 1