Zach Wilson has officially signed

8 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

No mask...I'm assuming that means he is vaccinated.

Answering my own question....

https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upload/v1627485241/league/z62pmhkip5is8ohxmqza.pdf

Page 18 of the NFL's COVID Protocols:

VII. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Hygiene

a. All players and staff who are not fully vaccinated must wear masks (surgical masks are preferred; gaiters and masks with valves or vents are prohibited) at all times when inside the Club facility. Masks must also be worn outdoors on the practice field (unless a mask cannot be worn by players due to interference with performance of athletic activities). Masks must be worn by all players and staff who are not fully vaccinated during walk-throughs. Face shields are not a permissible substitute for face masks at the Club facility. Surgical masks must be replaced daily or more frequently if visibly soiled. If cloth masks are used, they must be laundered daily (with disinfectants), and/or staff and athletes must be provided with a sufficient supply of cloth masks so that they may rotate masks every three days. If cloth masks are used, there must be a mechanism in place to ensure that masks are not mixed and shared. Clubs are responsible for obtaining an adequate supply of surgical and cloth masks. Failure to adhere to this requirement by a non-vaccinated player or staff member will subject that individual to discipline set forth in Exhibit A.

Refusal to: (i) wear a mask or PPE; and/or (ii) maintain physical distancing in club facilities or during travel. -- $14,650

So either he is vaccinated or the Jets just posted proof of a violation costing Zach $14,650.00.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, viffer said:

Could be Mims, but could also be Ashtyn Davis or Jabari Zuniga. You KNOW that Jets fans always want to fire everyone associated with the Jets for one reason or another. Personally, I choose not to panic until our season is officially over, which usually occurs around week 5 unfortunately...

This is being generous. The season was over by week 2 each of the past two seasons. Here’s to hoping for week 5 in 2021.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, choon328 said:

It was always about the signing bonus, like I said

Sounds like JD knew he'd give Zach the full bonus.  That 6mil deferment was just an opening offer so JD could say, "ok we'll give the full bonus now, but we get the offset."

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Sounds like JD knew he'd give Zach the full bonus.  That 6mil deferment was just an opening offer so JD could say, "ok we'll give the full bonus now, but we get the offset."

Actually, it sounds like JD lost a negotiation.  Which is good, because it may mean that Woody Johnson gave the order yesterday to end the charade and get Zach into camp.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Actually, it sounds like JD lost a negotiation.  Which is good, because it may mean that Woody Johnson gave the order yesterday to end the charade and get Zach into camp.

SAR I

Who knows.  But if Zach's team really didn't want any offset language, it's a W in JD's column imo.

20 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Confused. I thought Darnold didnt have the offsets in his contract. 

Yes he did.  Pretty much the same contract Wilson signed.  That's why this whole drama was silly agent stuff.  Bad thing is that Wilson fell for it.  Hey the kids from Utah.  :) 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yes he did.  Pretty much the same contract Wilson signed.  That's why this whole drama was silly agent stuff.  Bad thing is that Wilson fell for it.  Hey the kids from Utah.  :) 

No Sam's was slightly better. He got the bonus at signing.

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Who knows.  But if Zach's team really didn't want any offset language, it's a W in JD's column imo.

Zach probably didn't care, but his agent wanted no off sets.  In the end it came out the only way it could.  Jets were not going to move on the off sets.  Like with Darnold the hold out was agent BS

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

·

3h

The compromise: Zach Wilson gets no deferral, Jets get offset language.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Eh no harm no foul. Its not like they werent going to get him signed sooner or later.  The drama involved in these things is just ludicrous.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You really make it good for yourself.  

Zach isnt in camp, its JDs fault'

Zach is in camp, its because of Woody.

At the end of the day Gase was still fired by JD