Free agent TE Jordan Matthews is working out for the Jets. 

• NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
    JORDAN MATTHEWSTE, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
    9420.jpg

Free agent TE Jordan Matthews is working out for the Jets. 

Headed into his age-29 campaign, Matthews announced the position switch earlier this summer. Matthews was briefly in the league last season, making two appearances for the 49ers. Matthews' lower-body explosion has appeared shot for some time. Combined with his modest tight end stature of 6-foot-3, that could make a position switch difficult is Matthews isn't going to be exploding up the seam. 

36 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Loved him when he was coming out. Had a few good seasons with the Eagles iirc. Related to Jerry Rice too.

Have no hopes of him being anything more than a camp body at this point.

This is the Vandy/most receptions in SEC history Jordan Matthews?  Weird, I always thought he only had 1 T in his last name.  lol  I guess he's trying to transition to TE to stay in the league?  I assume in more of a joker capacity but interesting nontheless.

Too bad @Villain The Foe isnt around anymore.  I'm pretty sure him hitting on Matthews after his Alshon Jeffery love was when he decided he was a draft expert.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

This is the Vandy/most receptions in SEC history Jordan Matthews?  Weird, I always thought he only had 1 T in his last name.  lol  I guess he's trying to transition to TE to stay in the league?  I assume in more of a joker capacity but interesting nontheless.

Too bad @Villain The Foe isnt around anymore.  I'm pretty sure him hitting on Matthews after his Alshon Jeffery love was when he decided he was a draft expert.

Good call on @Villain The Foe.  He was good for a few years and then fell off a cliff.  I'm not sure how big a hit that was - Davante Adams, Landry and Allan Robinson all went later that round.  Ryan Mathews was on that Philly team and spelled his name with one t.  Maybe that is who you were thinking of? 

• Upvote 1

On 7/29/2021 at 6:44 PM, JiFapono said:

Villain “hit” on Matthews?  Ehhh…

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2021 at 6:44 PM, JiFapono said:

Yep, that’s the one. Really liked his catch radius and felt like he was a more advanced route runner than a lot of other non-1st round guys coming into the league. Sounds like he’s lost all of his burst though, so the transition to TE to stay in the league makes sense - however unfruitful it may be (although Tebow just caught a TD from Lawrence yesterday!)

Lolol vtf. Man he was a fun guy to post with. Everything he posted was an expert well reasoned well researched post - in his own mind. Still waiting for just one of his QB love affairs to hit. Also, the moon is made of cheese - or something.

• Upvote 2