‘21 Training Camp Tweets 7/30 (Zach is back!)

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Haven't been following the situation with Fields.  On a scale from Ryan Leaf to Christian Hackenberg just where is the young man trending right now?

Angela Lansbury Reaction GIF

In all seriousness I think he's in a good situation and can do well if the Bears are patient with him.

He has talent but is raw and was always going to need to sit for a while. 

• Upvote 4

The issues his detractors called him on will be continue to be a problem. Needs to sit all season. He was never close to ready. 

Lol that's not clowning him. Dalton has been in the league for 10 years. I hope he can read defenses faster than a rookie.. .geez

Sent from the NY Jets Training Camp Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Great point.  But I think what the Jets are doing is even more rare and forward-thinking than we realize.  Sure, tons of teams and coaches start lesser veterans over inexperienced rookies because they want to win.  And, bolder teams and coaches throw the young guys right into the fire.... but they usually also have a veteran on the depth chart at that position.  What the Jets, JD and Saleh are doing seems to be quite rare to me.  There are a combined zero NFL starts in the Jets QB room.  Not only that, there are a grand total of ZERO snaps taken at the NFL level by these QBs as far as I know.

Most teams will at least have an experienced arm on the roster or, with a highly valued rookie, they'll be sure to have an old sage/mentor type (ex. McCown).  All the other rookies seem to have a veteran behind, ahead or alongside them on their depth charts (Lawrence/Minshew, Fields/Dalton, Lance/Jimmy G, Jones/Cam, etc.)  This is just different.  And, it doesn't just apply to the QB room....we're kinda similar with the CBs.  Guys like Bless Austin are the most experienced.  There's what, probably less than 40 total NFL games played by the CBs on this roster?

The bottom line to me is that Saleh and this coaching staff REALLY want to be the ones to mold these guys.  They want no interference, biases or bad habits brought into these meeting rooms or onto the field.

Exactly right. It seems completely unique. Funny thing is that Saleh keeps explaining it in plain language and no one believes him. I love it. Seems like if you really want to develop a strong core this is the way to do it. So excited to see us on the field.

• Upvote 4

Who cares?  Does Fields play for the Jets?  I dont think so, pretty sure we passed on him so I hope he sucks, lord knows we've made the wrong choice enough times.  So it would be nice for a change to pick the right one because it's all about Zachapono, baby! 
People are weird, especially when it comes to draft takes.   It's very serious business and you hold life long grudges over people for not agreeing with you and thinking that possibly 1 prospect could be better then the other. 
Let's keep this in mind when I see those 160 threads about Sammy boy this season shall we?

• Haha 1

You're telling me, that a 9 year veteran looks more experienced then a rookie!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GTFOH this is unbelievable ground breaking news.   How is this not making national headlines and taking the interwebz by storm???!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beat me...SH!T

I watched Darnold on a Panthers TC stream yesterday and I will say this:

Every thing that Zach does is faster than Sam.

His feet, his release his ball velocity, his reads.

Bigger still, he practices at game speed which will help our entire offense. Even in the 1 on 1 warmups Zach does them at full speed.

• Upvote 3