‘21 Training Camp Tweets 7/30 (Zach is back!)

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What.

the.

Fck.

He went from best WR at the Senior Bowl, to worst player on this team?? Who's kid did he diddle? Someone needs to explain how our promising 2nd year WR is sucking air with soon to be cut players. What a bs psych job. I hate LaFleur

btw. Mims, first player I wished we drafted since Brad Smith, and here we are. It's best if i just stop caring. 

It’s training camp... it’s Zach’s first day back and I already commented on the mims situation on how coaches move skill positions around during camp for a myriad of reasons. There is a lot of hope to have still and these guys are career athletes, struggling is the way they learn the most, this is going to be very good for both Mims and Zach. On top of that, LaFleur is going to put them in situations to use their strengths and make the game simple, couldn’t ask for a better first time OC then him.

• Upvote 3

Just now, johnnysd said:

Just my thought but I think the Jets are trying tough love with Mims. Maybe his work ethic is not quite where they want it to be and want this to be a motivational tool. I am not super worried about Mims yet. He was wide open a lot last year as the "#1" whereas he may be our 4th or 5th option this year. It could also be trying to get his confidence up and giving the third string CBs more competition. Day 3 is not a day to make conclusions.

Then they should own it - let us know they want him to work his way back on the field. This covert constructive dismissal is for the birds. It's not a matter of talent. So what's the issue? 

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So just to be clear, Morgan was a little slow on Day 1, and most of you were screaming we needed to sign all the veteran QB's immediately to save our season.

Zack looks like total poo on Day 1, and now you're all screaming bloody hatred for the beat writers and making (unnecessary) excuses.

Lol, you guys are so silly.  The overreaction train is coming down the tracks!

Anyway, Nice to see Morgan looking better, for Zach it's day 1.  Many more days to come.  

Exactly. I am not going to get all up in arms about a less than ideal first day for Zach. Judging by OTAs I think he will rebound just fine. Also Saleh said they dumped a ton on the offense today so he sort of expected it.

I officially love Saleh. I tried not to and be "wait and see" but he just seems like the perfect HC so far. May God have mercy on my green soul.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Prepare 2 Takeoff said:

It’s training camp... it’s Zach’s first day back and I already commented on the mims situation on how coaches move skill positions around during camp for a myriad of reasons. There is a lot of hope to have still and these guys are career athletes, struggling is the way they learn the most, this is going to be very good for both Mims and Zach. On top of that, LaFleur is going to put them in situations to use their strengths and make the game simple, couldn’t ask for a better first time OC then him.

You're preaching to the choir my man, but 3rd team is onerous. There's a disconnect somewhere happening.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Prepare 2 Takeoff said:

Keep in mind it’s training camp. Everyone freaks out about the depth chart when in reality coaches move players around to give others opportunities, to build confidence, to get their bodies right, and for a myriad of reasons. Mims playing with the 2’s and 3’s absolutely does not mean he lost his starting spot  as our #2 or #3 wr nor that the coaches think less of him. It seems media and fans blow this out of proportion in training camps a lot. 

Mims was never starting though. There were concerns last year obviously about his availability. He fell in the draft too. He just may not be the guy. Also factor in the y paid Davis, signed Cole and drafted Moore early.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Dude relax. This coaching staff are making these guys feel the ruin so they can make them into something. They install on Zach’s first day to teach him a little lesson in humility. They put Larson on Becton, tell Larson to use his speed with no pads amd make the big nam learn to play angry. Dropping  Mims and showing him the abyss, make him fear for his NFL life, change him, harden him or next guy up. All part of the plan me thinks.

Saleh bet his career on these young dudes, he’s gonna make them into pros quicker than any would expect, or fail miserably trying it. Get some  popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show or inevitable train  wreck. Either way we will be entertained. I’m ok with it after the last season of a funeral procession of a season . “ All gas, NO breaks” bitches! 

If say so, at this point i'm willing to take the Mangini ride on the "trust the process" bus... but they better figure out Mims. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So just to be clear, Morgan was a little slow on Day 1, and most of you were screaming we needed to sign all the veteran QB's immediately to save our season.

Zack looks like total poo on Day 1, and now you're all screaming bloody hatred for the beat writers and making (unnecessary) excuses.

Anyway, Nice to see Morgan looking better, for Zach it's day 1.  Many more days to come.  

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Mile White looks as sharp too. Once/if Zach gets rolling we may have a legitimate 1st, 2nd and 3rd string QB. White and Morgan on day 3. Hopefully Zach be the guy he was during voluntary workouts by then. 

What.
the--
He went from best WR at the Senior Bowl, to worst player on this team?? Who's kid did he diddle? Someone needs to explain how our promising 2nd year WR is sucking air with soon to be cut players. 
btw. Mims, first player I wished we drafted since Brad Smith, and here we are. It's best if i just stop caring. 
Read my mind dude...can't understand it.

Sent from the NY Jets Training Camp Suicide Watch desk.

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What.

the.

Fck.

He went from best WR at the Senior Bowl, to worst player on this team?? Who's kid did he diddle? Someone needs to explain how our promising 2nd year WR is sucking air with soon to be cut players. What a bs psych job. I hate LaFleur

Strange indeed.   A lot of this could be what packages they were working on, so maybe he isn’t he buried as much as it appears.  

But, when I read that tweet the name Hakeem Butler popped in my head...Lol.   We’re not there yet, but damn it’s frustrating.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If say so, at this point i'm willing to take the Mangini ride on the "trust the process" bus... but they better figure out Mims. 

Me thinks they are trying to get Mims to figure himself out. Least they got crowd ready for tomorrow, little scary but exciting. Last year I felt like I was watching soap opera reruns. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

They’re both good players. Becton is going to be a much better OT this year because he’ll be used to handling guys with that much speed and motor. Lawson is a beast. 

I like Becton a lot, and being challenged is going to make him better, but I didn't expect him to struggle against Lawson the way he has the 1st couple of practices.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Prepare 2 Takeoff said:

Keep in mind it’s training camp. Everyone freaks out about the depth chart when in reality coaches move players around to give others opportunities, to build confidence, to get their bodies right, and for a myriad of reasons. Mims playing with the 2’s and 3’s absolutely does not mean he lost his starting spot  as our #2 or #3 wr nor that the coaches think less of him. It seems media and fans blow this out of proportion in training camps a lot. 

+1

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Mims was never starting though. There were concerns last year obviously about his availability. He fell in the draft too. He just may not be the guy. Also factor in the y paid Davis, signed Cole and drafted Moore early.

Mims fell in the draft b/c he was considered raw.  And he is.  And he’s. Behind Cole, davis and crowder on the depth chart and moore looks ready to contribute right away.  Nothing mims has done so far contradicts his draft eval, talented, raw and needs time/coaching.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I like Becton a lot, and being challenged is going to make him better, but I didn't expect him to struggle against Lawson the way he has the 1st couple of practices.

Saleh did say pass rushers do have big advantage without pads on, so tomorrow will be a real test.

• Upvote 4

im not sure how I am supposed to be concerned day 1 of Zach that crowder dropped passes or Coleman. that is literally what they do. 

Zach is in camp that is good.

Obiviously today was going to be rough but unlike the past I do not think our coaching staff is going to just ignore performances like yesterday years. Crowder and other like Mims, coleman etc...if they make drops others will start. Just look at SF...they rolled with the QB during the suck but WR and other got benched when they didnt perform. Coaching staff is teaching a systme but dont think these guys who dont show up will just get a free pass. 

All that being said its a good day for the jets and i think its cool baldy is there. He loves the damn jets and I love that he does.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Mims fell in the draft b/c he was considered raw.  And he is.  And he’s. Behind Cole, davis and crowder on the depth chart and moore looks ready to contribute right away.  Nothing mims has done so far contradicts his draft eval, talented, raw and needs time/coaching.

your saying that he shouldn't just be dropped into the starting line up with out being coached up? hmm seems interesting

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

A project receiver in the second round considering the way the depth chart looked last year was probably a bad pick then.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The issue is that guys drafted WELL below him, and a lot of them are much much much better at this point.

I like Douglas but that 1st draft is looking worse all the time.

22 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Just my thought but I think the Jets are trying tough love with Mims. Maybe his work ethic is not quite where they want it to be and want this to be a motivational tool. I am not super worried about Mims yet. He was wide open a lot last year as the "#1" whereas he may be our 4th or 5th option this year. It could also be trying to get his confidence up and giving the third string CBs more competition. Day 3 is not a day to make conclusions.

This is the only explanation to me. They've got to be sending a message. There's absolutely no other reason why Mims should be running with guys who won't make the team.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Mile White looks as sharp too. Once/if Zach gets rolling we may have a legitimate 1st, 2nd and 3rd string QB. White and Morgan on day 3. Hopefully Zach be the guy he was during voluntary workouts by then. 

Which one of those is Wilson? ;)