Jump to content

‘21 Training Camp Tweets 7/30 (Zach is back!)


Recommended Posts

It's too early to completely write off Mims, but it's not looking good at all.

I've been saying that his floor is Stephen Hill, but maybe even that was too optimistic. At least Hill ran with the starters and scored a few TDs in his career.

My guess is Mims is in the doghouse because he's not picking up the offense well.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i was told their would be tweets

How about this for a random suggestion? Keep this thread limited to posts about what's going on today in training camp.  Take the rest somewhere else. 

Damien Woody is the best guy to listen to for this stuff. Fair and real. 

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I have such a man crush on this guy. Leader of men who makes people accountable but has his player's backs.

He said "get better every day" and used the term "process" 3 times in the same sentence.

So coach.  Such change.  Such original.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Most Jets fans are disappointed in the way things have gone for Mims. Some are even pessimistic. The pushback on material like yours is - it's wildly exaggerated, based on very....very small body of work, and a season (2020) that was fraught with dysfunction. In short, you over-extended your assessment. 

Remember, Quinnen Williams was a POS too for much of his first calendar year with NYJ

It is amazing, two practices and people are 100 sure Mims is a bust who will be cut.  I've seen it so many times, both ways.  I particularly remember a RB who got reps as starts in preseason game when they were trying to save CM and people were screaming hes a find, could take carries away from CM. '

He was cut, didnt make the team and never made a roster

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

It's too early to completely write off Mims, but it's not looking good at all.

I've been saying that his floor is Stephen Hill, but maybe even that was too optimistic. At least Hill ran with the starters and scored a few TDs in his career.

My guess is Mims is in the doghouse because he's not picking up the offense well.

This isn’t good news but there is no chance in hell he is as bad as or worse than Stephen Hill so let’s calm that down right now. He was pretty productive with an ancient Flacco last year. I still have hope he can be productive this year. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Camp Day 1:

Mims 4th stringer.

Becton Lawson's personal turnstile.

Wilson meek turnover machine.

Fickenshank.

Saleh processprocessbrakegasbrakeadversityprocessprocess.

Douglas not speaking to media.

Woody touching base with Korn/Ferry.

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Mims isn’t good. Good hands but he doesn’t get open. He hasn’t shown the quickness, ability to change direction and sharp route running to get space between himself and CB’s. 
 

And Becton has a looooong way to go before he starts getting measured for a HOF yellow jacket, like many were saying here about 8 months ago. 

The 2020 draft was massively overrated by fans. 

Bit early for this 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Mims isn’t good. Good hands but he doesn’t get open. He hasn’t shown the quickness, ability to change direction and sharp route running to get space between himself and CB’s. 
 

And Becton has a looooong way to go before he starts getting measured for a HOF yellow jacket, like many were saying here about 8 months ago. 

The 2020 draft was massively overrated by fans. 

If I didn’t have a life I’d bet you were in the game day threads praising Becton like the rest of us, no?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve seen some people overrate Becton but 99% of the time it is followed by a “..if he can stay healthy.” 
 

I for one am happy he got his ass beat today because he’s gotta stay humble but also as Damien Woody said, they aren’t even in pads, among some other things. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

It's too early to completely write off Mims, but it's not looking good at all.

I've been saying that his floor is Stephen Hill, but maybe even that was too optimistic. 

 

FQ6n.gif

 

I'll see you guys next week.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

It's too early to completely write off Mims, but it's not looking good at all.

I've been saying that his floor is Stephen Hill, but maybe even that was too optimistic. At least Hill ran with the starters and scored a few TDs in his career.

My guess is Mims is in the doghouse because he's not picking up the offense well.

UnevenUnfitArizonaalligatorlizard-size_r

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

No, he gets paid to get attention. Since there seems to be more discussion of him than Zach Wilson... he seems pretty good at it. 

He gets paid to get attention that NYDN can monetize.  His awful writing insures, from me at least, that he won't.  I've yet to click a link, I haven't subscribed to anything, and I certainly won't based on his skillset.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

He gets paid to get attention that NYDN can monetize.  His awful writing insures, from me at least, that he won't.  I've yet to click a link, I haven't subscribed to anything, and I certainly won't based on his skillset.

How do you think they monetize a tweet that you do click on? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thebuzzardman said:

Is an errand throw one so bad that it sails over to a deli and brings you back a quart of milk? 

Or, the QB stops, leaves the field, then cleans out the gutters.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

How do you think they monetize a tweet that you do click on? 

They monetize by me thinking he's worth reading.  The tweets are advertisements for his articles.  I read his tweets and want more, so I click on monetizeable content.  His sub grade-school writing makes that unlikely for me.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

They monetize by me thinking he's worth reading.  The tweets are advertisements for his articles.  I read his tweets and want more, so I click on monetizeable content.  His sub grade-school writing makes that unlikely for me.

I'm not sure your 'not clicking' is having the impact you think it is having. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

It's too early to completely write off Mims, but it's not looking good at all.

I've been saying that his floor is Stephen Hill, but maybe even that was too optimistic. At least Hill ran with the starters and scored a few TDs in his career.

My guess is Mims is in the doghouse because he's not picking up the offense well.

Then not highlighting him with the 1s is good for him and the team.  It's early and a WR doesn't need to know the playbook like a QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope DJ keeps putting a high volume of tweets out and doesn't worry about the small stuff.   When I read these threads it's everyone else covering one play, and then DJ explaining the next 10 min of practice in 3 Tweets until everyone Tweets the next thing.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Mims isn’t good. Good hands but he doesn’t get open. He hasn’t shown the quickness, ability to change direction and sharp route running to get space between himself and CB’s. 
 

And Becton has a looooong way to go before he starts getting measured for a HOF yellow jacket, like many were saying here about 8 months ago. 

The 2020 draft was massively overrated by fans. 

Mims trying to learn a second offense in 2 years can’t be helping the situation.  He probably is having trouble learning the plays hence the demotion 

 

I think he’s a very talented WR.  I’d hate to see him end up Stephen Hill’ing it

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm not sure your 'not clicking' is having the impact you think it is having. 

You're implying that I think I can independently control his employment with my clicks, which is so obviously not the point, nor the case.  Weird hill, Jeremy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Drums said:

If I didn’t have a life I’d bet you were in the game day threads praising Becton like the rest of us, no?

I said the same things last year that I just posted. Becton showed some flashes of dominance, he has a long way to go before he’s earned “best tackle in the league” or “future hall of famer” labels though. 
 

Mims did little to nothing. Good hands though, which is obviously an important attribute. 
 

The book isn’t written on either player, just balancing out the super homer stuff posted here. 
 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It is amazing, two practices and people are 100 sure Mims is a bust who will be cut.  I've seen it so many times, both ways.  I particularly remember a RB who got reps as starts in preseason game when they were trying to save CM and people were screaming hes a find, could take carries away from CM. '

He was cut, didnt make the team and never made a roster

Danny woodhead?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am excited about Perine.  Kid had a monster camp last year but got injured which lingered all season.   He has flashed the last 2 days.

I think it will be MC and Perine splitting the carries this year.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Camp Day 1:

Mims 4th stringer.

Becton Lawson's personal turnstile.

Wilson meek turnover machine.

Fickenshank.

Saleh processprocessbrakegasbrakeadversityprocessprocess.

Douglas not speaking to media.

Woody touching base with Korn/Ferry.

SAR I

@SAR I

I better read about  a boisterous fan tomorrow at Jets camp booing everything and anything they do on the field. 

Or else you are just all talk no action.

joewilly12

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I

I better read about  a boisterous fan tomorrow at Jets camp booing everything and anything they do on the field. 

Or else you are just all talk no action.

joewilly12

Yup.  I want a pic w/ SAR and a "Joe Must Go" sign.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...