Jump to content

‘21 Training Camp Tweets 7/30 (Zach is back!)


Joe W. Namath
 Share

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What.

the--

He went from best WR at the Senior Bowl, to worst player on this team?? Who's kid did he diddle? Someone needs to explain how our promising 2nd year WR is sucking air with soon to be cut players. 

btw. Mims, first player I wished we drafted since Brad Smith, and here we are. It's best if i just stop caring. 

2 days ago you were defending him.  lol  I wouldnt look too much into this, it seems the coaching staff is treating all these positions as equal and just distributing snaps, giving them looks vs. different players, etc.

 

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

2 days ago you were defending him.  lol  I wouldnt look too much into this, it seems the coaching staff is treating all these positions as equal and just distributing snaps, giving them looks vs. different players, etc.

 

 

My stance hasn't changed. He's the still same WR who can play in this league.

I expected Davis/Cole/Crowder to vacuum up much of the 1s (as they should to start), but now the Mims-penalty box apparently isn't imaginary - and feels completely contrived. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

My stance hasn't changed. He's the still same WR who can play in this league.

I expected Davis/Cole/Crowder to vacuum up much of the 1s (as they should to start), but now the Mims-penalty box apparently isn't imaginary - and feels completely contrived. 

I mean, do you really think they're at the point of grouping him with future cuts and making it obvious on D3?  Doubt it.  I'd assume if that was the case, we'd be getting calls.  You cant teach his size and athleticism and he proved last year that he's is the guy in college who can makes the contested/in traffic/acrobatic catch.  Zach likes to throw the the 50/50 ball, so I just cant see Mims not having a part of this offense, even with all the proven vets.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He did the same thing yesterday so it is not as if it is a typo.  He does not know the proper word to use.
Or doesn't check his spell check because he is more concerned with being the first to post/tweet something.

Sent from the NY Jets Training Camp Suicide Watch desk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Saleh did say pass rushers do have big advantage without pads on, so tomorrow will be a real test.

That's fair, and I expect him to get gradually better as the camp & season goes along. But I was getting flashback of Wayne "the Turnstile" Hunter reading these tweets. Maybe I am suffering PTSD because of the Turnstile.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I mean, do you really think they're at the point of grouping him with future cuts and making it obvious on D3?  Doubt it.  I'd assume if that was the case, we'd be getting calls.  You cant teach his size and athleticism and he proved last year that he's is the guy in college who can makes the contested/in traffic/acrobatic catch.  Zach likes to throw the the 50/50 ball, so I just cant see Mims not having a part of this offense, even with all the proven vets.

words of wisdom. 

I've been singing that song, without blinking....until I read 3rd team. You're assessment is still the right one, but if I was Joe Douglas, I'd  leaning down the sidelines to make eye contact with LaFleur - with a "really....." look on my face. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Ideally I'd love to hear better news from Wilson but it's his first morning practicing with an NFL team so not getting myself upset about it.

Guy who never faced pressure, needs some time to learn how to face pressure.

It's a non-story. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Ideally I'd love to hear better news from Wilson but it's his first morning practicing with an NFL team so not getting myself upset about it.

Agreed.  I REALLY want to see how he (and others - such as Moore) perform once they have the pads on.  this is only day 1.  I'm taking my son tomorrow, so I'm looking at it like this:  better he gets the kinks out today, so he plays lights out tomorrow!!  LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

n other news, the more things change the more---you know

 

 

 

lol I totally recognize that injuries are no reason to celebrate.

That aside, there's something sweet about Wentz terminal fall from grace. I've had a few conversations this offseason with Colts fans...

"Get a head start on those college QBs this fall"

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

He is practicing with the third team WRs

Connor Hughes

Denzel Mims working with third team wideouts, alongside Jeff Smith & Lawerence Cager #Jets

 

Its ok.

JIF all but guaranteed thats Mims will not bust. Impossible.

Dont be a realist um i mean negative or he will make a snarky comment. 
 

It doesnt matter how badhe looks. Even if he slips to 4 string next week it means nothing. Too early. Jif said so

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Paradis said:

My stance hasn't changed. He's the still same WR who can play in this league.

I expected Davis/Cole/Crowder to vacuum up much of the 1s (as they should to start), but now the Mims-penalty box apparently isn't imaginary - and feels completely contrived. 

Aren't you forgetting someone?

I would be shocked if Moore wasn't starting most of the snaps even early on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol I totally recognize that injuries are no reason to celebrate.

That aside, there's something sweet about Wentz terminal fall from grace. I've had a few conversations this offseason with Colts fans...

"Get a head start on those college QBs this fall"

Agree I was not celebrating the Wentz injury just that it is so predictable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. not worried about Wilson, I do think that some people will need to come back to earth on their expectations from this ROOKIE QB 

2. i love Becton being abused by one of the most dominant NFL players in the league. he wont face a better edge rusher prob all year...thats something you cant simulate to make a young guy better

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Aren't you forgetting someone?

I would be shocked if Moore wasn't starting most of the snaps even early on.

i'm not forgetting him. Like i said. Davis/Cole/Crowder should be vacuuming up the 1st, to start.

Either some of you have an inflated sense of Moore's place in the O week 1, or you underestimated what Davis and Cole (the latter especially ) bring the to the table. I would anticipate Moore's path to snaps will be at Crowder's expense, early. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Its ok.

JIF all but guaranteed thats Mims will not bust. Impossible.

Dont be a realist um i mean negative or he will make a snarky comment. 
 

It doesnt matter how badhe looks. Even if he slips to 4 string next week it means nothing. Too early. Jif said so

80+% of the time you seem like a normal guy on here.... but then there's these childish episodes... diatribes we'll call them.

It's not a great look. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...