Armchair QB: Wentz hurt AGAIN on SB hopeful Coltss. Man, they would over pay for Sam now

Joe did great unloading Sam, but damn, Colts think they are SB potential team and really only need a game manager. 

Sam would probably fetch pretty good deal (for all I know per Cap reasons, we couldnt have still had him on roster, I am just shootin the breeze) :)

Who yall think Colts go out and get IF Wentz hurt bad?

Someone come out of retirement for a pretty 'River of Gold'? ;)

Be safe, Go Jets

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They will go get Foles now.

ahh good point,,we waited and got burned

• Upvote 2

They still have Jacoby Brissett, don’t they? Isn’t he a definitive game manager?

EDIT: nevermind, remembered he’s a Dolphin now. 🤷‍♂️

Two issues with this post:

1. JD got a LOT for Sam. He got a 2nd and 4th for the worst QB in the NFL based on people clinging to college evaluations and not actual on field performance.  Not sure we would get more now

2. We have no idea what Indy thinks of Sam. They may have zero interest.

I am completely comfortable with the Darnold trade as is 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 2
33 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They will go get Foles now.

Why? Foles had a magical run but has not shown himself to really be a starter level QB outside of that. Let's face it, Mark Sanchez was a missed tackle on Rapelisburger from going to a Super Bowl. 

The reason the Jets couldn't have held on to Darnold is because the bitching and crying about it would have been similar to the last few days when Wilson wasn't signed.... except it would have lasted for 6 months.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

How crazy would it be if they get Foles and he wins a super bowl for them?

Not impossible.  Colts have a great OL and running game and their defense is no joke

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Two issues with this post:

1. JD got a LOT for Sam. He got a 2nd and 4th for the worst QB in the NFL based on people clinging to college evaluations and not actual on field performance.  Not sure we would get more now

2. We have no idea what Indy thinks of Sam. They may have zero interest.

I am completely comfortable with the Darnold trade as is 

and a 6th.

They have two inexperienced QBs as backups to Wentz since Brisset went to Miami. Jacob Eason (Tony’s son) from the Washington Huskies a second year player and their 2020 4th round pick is taking 1st team snaps. Eason didn’t take a snap last season. Sam Ehlinger who played for the Longhorns in college and was their 6th round pick in 2021 is their other QB. So if they decide to sign a vet Qb it will mean the Jets more competition to trade for a Qb. I don’t know how much confidence the team has in Morgan but if I had to guess not a lot. 

21 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Man, the Colts are snake bit.  Luck gets hurt/retires.  Now this?  

And how big a mush is Wentz?  Just wow.

Snake bit? They just had 22 years of near hall of fame quarterbacking.  They're due for this sh*t.  

Can't wait for the Packers to get a taste of reality soon too. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2