Jump to content

Ficken Out of Here


Barry McCockinner
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

If you feel this strongly about JD make some noise tomorrow at training camp.

JOE MUST GO signs and chants. 

Act crazy like you did back in the day at Gate D. 

joewilly12

You like to feed into it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Stop it. 

Are you Ficken crazy. 

I want to see him get booed at camp or escorted out. 

He talks the talk here let him do it for real at the camp if he's that unhappy with JD and the situation here. 

Hes clowning everyone and youre falling into it.  Hes not going to do anything to get himself booed or escorted out of a practice

You actually believe he talks the talk here and would do it in front of any group of fans?  Like maybe he'll do the Gase is the king of Florham Park or JD sucks, Zach sucks, etc etc?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hes clowning everyone and youre falling into it.  Hes not going to do anything to get himself booed or escorted out of a practice

You actually believe he talks the talk here and would do it in front of any group of fans?  Like maybe he'll do the Gase is the king of Florham Park or JD sucks, Zach sucks, etc etc?

Maybe he needs a little encouragement.

He's amusing. 

I don't take him serious anymore. 

I'm not falling for anything. 

Give me a Ficken break. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Joejet said:

I only see 4 GM’s in the Hall so not much of a fun fact. Now that Gase is no longer here to suck off it appears that this years posts to waste our time is going to be spent trashing Douglas.

gee, ya think?  No matter what he says, he can't get over the Gase butthurt.  That's what all this is really about.  Don't believe anything else written.  

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, undertow said:

I don't think JD values FG kickers as much as he should...there's no reason the team shouldn't have a competent kicker 3 years in a row.  Finding decent kickers and back up QBs shouldn't be this complicated. 

Place Kicker should be the last position he’s looking fill, and I’m pretty content with the way he’s going about it. He brought in Naggar who beat out Ficken, and now he’s got another K in there to compete with Naggar. That’s good enough for me. 
 
The other way would be to spend a draft pick or free agent money on one, and the team has too many other issues to throw resources at the K position. You do that when your team is more complete and competing for playoffs and beyond. That’s not where this team is at. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ficken wasn’t a total bust he had good moments and made some clutch kicks so I’m surprised they cut him so fast and didn’t allow him to compete in training camp. He had injuries and maybe that played in JD’s decision. He might not have been kicking competitively in camp. I guess they’ll bring someone else in to compete. And probably Ficken will get a contract offer with another team if he’s healthy which doesn’t mean he’s going to make the team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

There have been some truly amazing apologias for dumbass Jets moves over the years, but even after all this time, “#actually the Jolley trade was a swap of picks” still reigns supreme

If you really think about it the Jets trading for Tebow makes sense, because now we can’t lose to them the same way again. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, slats said:

Place Kicker should be the last position he’s looking fill, and I’m pretty content with the way he’s going about it. He brought in Naggar who beat out Ficken, and now he’s got another K in there to compete with Naggar. That’s good enough for me. 
 
The other way would be to spend a draft pick or free agent money on one, and the team has too many other issues to throw resources at the K position. You do that when your team is more complete and competing for playoffs and beyond. That’s not where this team is at. 

The thing is you don't have to invest much in to signing a decent kicker or back up that's kinda my point.  There's a middle ground between giving a kicker a multi year deal and settling for whatever crap is left on the waiver wire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

There have been some truly amazing apologias for dumbass Jets moves over the years, but even after all this time, “#actually the Jolley trade was a swap of picks” still reigns supreme

Other than it was, yeah.  You can argue it wasnt all you want but I never apologized for the deal, it sucked in every way for every stupid reason Bradway came up with

And the point was we didnt use a #1 on Nugent, I could care less about Jolley

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, slats said:

Place Kicker should be the last position he’s looking fill, and I’m pretty content with the way he’s going about it. He brought in Naggar who beat out Ficken, and now he’s got another K in there to compete with Naggar. That’s good enough for me. 
 
The other way would be to spend a draft pick or free agent money on one, and the team has too many other issues to throw resources at the K position. You do that when your team is more complete and competing for playoffs and beyond. That’s not where this team is at. 

Totally disagree, good long term kickers are like gold, you find one you pay him, they never break the bank money wise.

Kicker is never a priority until you lose a couple of games because of one then a team runs around scrambling to find one.

We had a pro bowl kicker and mccganan let him walk over a million or so bucks and since then we have had what 5 or 6 kickers?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, jetsons said:

JD should have signed Jose Borregales as an udfa. 

People love rewriting history.  Tampa got there first so when Joe called Jose said HHHMMMM should I turn down Tampa (remember I am a Florida kid) and maybe win a super bowl to play with the Jets   NNNNAAAAAAAAA.

Now if you said lets use a late draft pick for him you would at least have a point.

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It's going to be a fun season of Zach Wilson driving down field and getting within makeable kicking distance just for our kicker to miss wide right. 

How about we score some f**king touchdowns instead?  That’d be a nice change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Totally disagree, good long term kickers are like gold, you find one you pay him, they never break the bank money wise.

Kicker is never a priority until you lose a couple of games because of one then a team runs around scrambling to find one.

We had a pro bowl kicker and mccganan let him walk over a million or so bucks and since then we have had what 5 or 6 kickers?

If kickers were like gold, they’d get drafted more often and cost more in free agency. Like I said, I’m happy with the process JD is going thru to find one. He’s got a guy that he likes better than last year’s starter now, and has someone in camp to compete with him. 
 
My wins expectation this year is pretty low, and I’m not concerned about losing a game or two on a missed kick this season. It’s really the least of my concerns at this stage. Hopefully the process lands the team a kicker now that they want to resign in three or four years. If it doesn’t, they can get more aggressive then. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, slats said:

Place Kicker should be the last position he’s looking fill, and I’m pretty content with the way he’s going about it. He brought in Naggar who beat out Ficken, and now he’s got another K in there to compete with Naggar. That’s good enough for me. 
 
The other way would be to spend a draft pick or free agent money on one, and the team has too many other issues to throw resources at the K position. You do that when your team is more complete and competing for playoffs and beyond. That’s not where this team is at. 

This is some BAD logic. 
 

The Jets aren’t exactly a dominating offense. If you can’t get in the end zone you try to get points on the board with a FG attempt. Moreover in close games your entire strategy could result around how good your kicker is. 
 

Acting like a kicker isn’t a vital roster piece is some backwards you know what thinking.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...