Bills relocating to Austin?

Just now, Beerfish said:

Call their bluff and tell them to f off.

There should be no negotiation in the NFL these guys make billions if they want  new stadium etc then lay out the cash and build it, you know the old fashion way of actually paying for your own infrastructure with your own capital.

I agree and don’t see any the city of Buffalo coming with the funds to pay for a new stadium. I don’t think the economy in Buffalo is exactly booming right now that they can shell out $5b on a new stadium 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That’s terrible. Went to school upstate in the 80’s. Went  to Buffalo games drunk AF with Jets hat/ shirt on,  Had beer thrown at me, verbally abused and couple times physically threatened. Those Western NY yahoo’s love their team as much as anyone. That sucks, hopefully doesn’t happen. If they move them, put them in Canada, might take half  the fan base a decade to get a passport but least they would have a fighting chance. 

Did you throw your hot dog back at them? I guess you can only retaliate so far within reason. ??

• Haha 1

That would suck. I'm no Bills fan, but I was living in MD when the Colts deserted in the middle of the night - literally - and left for Indianapolis. It hurt locals bad. My friends from Baltimore and the surrounding areas have never forgotten. Buffalo needs the Bills, but the Bills and the NFL should pay their fair share - none of this city held hostage crap.

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If this were to happen maybe they’d move Baltimore to AFC East in a realignment 

All those years of being in the same division with the Baltimore Colts. Bert Jones.  I think there is no chance in hell that the ravens are removed from the Steelers and the Browns.  None. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

All those years of being in the same division with the Baltimore Colts. Bert Jones.  I think there is no chance in hell that the ravens are removed from the Steelers and the Browns.  None. 

Who would they put in the East… Colts? Cincy?

No way. We just got an MLS team. I can’t see how we can support a NFL team though. I guess the thought is the Austin Metro and San Antonio Metro combined can support an NFL team. It took a while for city council to approve an MLS team. I doubt they approve an NFL team. We can drive 3hrs to Dallas or Houston for a game without the headaches.

But Austin mainly has minor league teams. 

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

No way. We just got an MLS team. I can’t see how we can support a NFL team though. I guess the thought is the Austin Metro and San Antonio Metro combined can support a team.

But Austin mainly has minor league teams. 

They put an NFL team in Jacksonville so anythings possible. Although Jacksonville has proven to be a disaster. 5-8 years till we have the London Jaguars 

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I agree and don’t see any the city of Buffalo coming with the funds to pay for a new stadium. I don’t think the economy in Buffalo is exactly booming right now that they can shell out $5b on a new stadium 

We went through this here in Edmonton with the hockey team.  The owner started making feints about moving the team and veiled threats and the city just caved in and essentially built him a new hockey rink.  Was disgusting to me.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

They brought their fight to Albany, not Buffalo...which means they are asking the state of NY to fund this.  

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I live in Austin, it is NOT a destination for an NFL franchise. 

I disagree.  Probably not in Austin proper but between San Antonio and Austin.  Build a stadium in San Marcos.  At least, that was the area suggested when the Raiders were looking to move from Oakland.  I doubt Jerry Jones would let an established team come here though.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

That’s terrible. Went to school upstate in the 80’s. Went  to Buffalo games drunk AF with Jets hat/ shirt on,  Had beer thrown at me, verbally abused and couple times physically threatened. Those Western NY yahoo’s love their team as much as anyone. That sucks, hopefully doesn’t happen. If they move them, put them in Canada, might take half  the fan base a decade to get a passport but least they would have a fighting chance. 

Agreed. In another life I was a music major at SUNY Fredonia.  Buffalo is as passionate a fanbase as there is.   the TAX saving would be in the tens of millions for the players, owners etc.   

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

"So, here's the deal tiny, Middle class Blue Collar,  Rust Belt City....all of your industry shut down, the economy has been a locked down, stagnant mess, many of you are living on soon to expire Federal Assistance and Mortgage protection programs, and good jobs are pretty scarce,  but if you don't pony up a few Billion in taxpayer provided subsidies for our multi-billionaire owners and our Mega Valuable sports league for a venue thats going to be used about 15 times a year, we betray all of you and abandon one of the best fan bases in sports, in a place with not much else going for it in the exact moment we actually have optimism moving forward"

Wow, **** them.

Dude…Austin Texas is BOOMING.     

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1