Bills relocating to Austin?

Btw, this report has been debunked.

Poloncarz says Buffalo Bills have not threatened to leave as part of stadium negotiations

"At no time has the team representative said 'if you do not build this and pay for it, we are moving'," said Poloncarz. "I want the public to understand, there has been no gun put to the head of Erie County and New York State stating 'if you do not do this, we are moving'."

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Well if the Bills move to Texas they'll no longer be within our AFC East Division and that'll absolutely stink. Because they're one of the NFL teams who've never won a SB. 

And just our luck they'll be a complete division overhaul and a storied NFL Franchise such as the Pittsburgh Steelers would join the AFC East. Or something crazy like that.

I would love that, but that likely won't happen.

On 8/1/2021 at 5:01 PM, Beerfish said:

Call their bluff and tell them to f off.

Exactly.

Politicians are a bunch of p*****s in this respect.

Costs & risks of moving are massive too --- Chargers paid a $645M relocation fee and now have no fan support in LA, they should have stayed in San Diego.

Pegula's live in Buffalo and the team enjoys the full support of local fans no matter how bad the product is --- they'd be insane to move.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2021 at 2:08 PM, Dollar Bill said:

Exactly.

Politicians are a bunch of p*****s in this respect.

Costs & risks of moving are massive too --- Chargers paid a $645M relocation fee and now have no fan support in LA, they should have stayed in San Diego.

Pegula's live in Buffalo and the team enjoys the full support of local fans no matter how bad the product is --- they'd be insane to move.

The Pegulas aren’t the typical scumbag owners.  They will b tch and moan forever about not getting a taxpayer funded dome with luxury box seats everywhere but end of the day LA and Vegas are no longer options.  Austin?  Yeah right.  The only real option is to threaten to move to Toronto or Montreal

1 minute ago, Albaniajet said:

The Pegulas aren’t the typical scumbag owners.  They will b tch and moan forever about not getting a taxpayer funded dome with luxury box seats everywhere but end of the day LA and Vegas are no longer options.  Austin?  Yeah right.  The only real option is to threaten to move to Toronto or Montreal

Keep an eye on the St. Louis relocation lawsuit vs the NFL. The trial will likely begin in January. Rams owner Stan Kroenke is ultimately responsible for the full financial bill from this relocation lawsuit. Kroenke may see the Bills as a solution to his St. Louis problems.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Keep an eye on the St. Louis relocation lawsuit vs the NFL. The trial will likely begin in January. Rams owner Stan Kroenke is ultimately responsible for the full financial bill from this relocation lawsuit. Kroenke may see the Bills as a solution to his St. Louis problems.

St Louis is a possibility.  Certainly not a sexy possibility but still

9 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

2 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

St Louis is a possibility.  Certainly not a sexy possibility but still

That will never be an option. 

Buffalo and St Louis (excluding demographics) are the exact same place. 300,000 vs 270,000 population size. Both around 60sq miles. Somewhat similar media markets. 

If they ever move the Bills (which they wont), it's going to be to a larger or more emerging market.

• Post of the Week 1

51 minutes ago, JTJet said:

That will never be an option. 

Buffalo and St Louis (excluding demographics) are the exact same place. 300,000 vs 270,000 population size. Both around 60sq miles. Somewhat similar media markets. 

If they ever move the Bills (which they wont), it's going to be to a larger or more emerging market.

If the Pegulas are serious about trying to extort Buffalo they’d be better off trying to use Toronto or Montreal

St Louis is a crap market.  Poor and the cardinals are all that city cares about

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Albaniajet said:

If the Pegulas are serious about trying to extort Buffalo they’d be better off trying to use Toronto or Montreal

St Louis is a crap market.  Poor and the cardinals are all that city cares about

People commute from the Buffalo  to Toronto to work. Not fun, but doable. makes too much sense.

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2021 at 10:26 AM, Albaniajet said:

The Pegulas came out and said they won't move the team even if they don't get a deal with the state/county. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/20/2021 at 12:25 PM, jeremy2020 said:

The Pegulas came out and said they won't move the team even if they don't get a deal with the state/county. 

Not sure if relevant to this story (will it change their plans?) but posting just in case

https://people.com/sports/jessica-pegula-mom-buffalo-bills-co-owner-kim-heart-attack/

Jessica Pegula Says Her Mom, Buffalo Bills Co-Owner Kim Pegula, Suffered Cardiac Arrest in June
Jessica Pegula has been prompted to detail the extent of her mom's health problems by the "bizarre, messed up, full circle moment" of Damar Hamlin's on-field cardiac arrest
By Anna Lazarus Caplan  Published on February 8, 2023 12:47 PM

Jessica Pegula is clearing the air about the health of her mother and Buffalo Bills co-owner Kim Pegula.

In an emotional essay titled "I Want to Talk to You About My Mom" for The Players' Tribune, the pro tennis player, 28, revealed that her 53-year-old mother went into cardiac arrest last June and is still recovering from the incident.

"This is a story about my mother, my family, and the past year," Pegula wrote in her essay, which she described as being inspired by the "bizarre, messed up, full circle moment" of Damar Hamlin's mid-game cardiac arrest.

"My stomach sunk because it felt like the exact same thing all over again," Jessica wrote about the impact of Hamlin's on-field emergency, which brought back memories of her mom's own medical struggles — something the Bills described as "unexpected health issues" in a June 2022 statement.

"I was sitting on the bench for a tennis event in Sydney, Australia. I wanted to throw up. I was supposed to go on for mixed doubles in 15 minutes and I remember telling one of my teammates, 'I am a little freaked out right now, this is too close to home, and I feel like I am going to have a panic attack,'" added Jessica.

"I texted my husband, Taylor, that the situation with my mom was weighing on me. When can we start talking about it?" Jessica wrote. "When can I tell her story, my story, my family's story? Everyone just keeps asking me. I really need to get it off my chest."

On Monday, that's precisely what she did, while also praising the use of CPR for saving the life of both Hamlin and her mother.

"My mom was asleep when my dad woke up to her going into cardiac arrest and she was unresponsive for quite a while," she wrote. "My sister gave her CPR until the ambulance arrived. She saved her life. Even though she doesn't like to take credit for this terrible situation, she absolutely saved her life, followed by the critical job performed by the paramedics who arrived and were able to restore a heartbeat."

Eight months later, Kim is continuing her recovery, her daughter said, but improving every day. Her mother is dealing with aphasia as well as significant memory issues.

"She can read, write, and understand pretty well, but she has trouble finding the words to respond," Jessica wrote. "It is hard to deal with and it takes a lot of patience to communicate with her, but I thank God every day that we can still communicate with her at all. The doctors continue to be blown away by her recovery, considering where she started, and her determination is the driving force of that."

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Jessica, her father Terry, 71, and her four siblings, are now adjusting to a different schedule as her mother steps away from helping to run the family's sports empire.

"She loved to work. She did everything and our family constantly told her how she needs to slow down and take time for herself. She was the woman behind my dad's success and my dad would happily admit that," she wrote. "Now we come to the realization that all of that is most likely gone. That she won't be able to be that person anymore."

After a personally triumphant season in which she finished ranked No. 3 in the world — and wore a No. 3 patch to honor Hamlin at the Australian Open — Jessica is now reflecting on the juxtaposition of her success and her mother's health condition.

In November, Jessica won her first WTA 1000 title in Guadalajara, Mexico, but her family was never far from her heart.

"In my acceptance speech I dedicated it to my mom," she wrote. "I wanted her to know that even after a terrible six months, I still fought every day because of her. If she could fight through what she was going through, I could too."

"She cried during my speech and trophy ceremony," added Jessica. "I have wanted this career since I was seven years old, before the sports teams, businesses, money, etc. My parents have helped me achieve this dream I am living. Even though we didn't always agree, they pushed me, and I pushed back, and it got me to where I am today."

"My mom deserved to see me lift a trophy after what she had been through."

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not sure if relevant to this story (will it change their plans?) but posting just in case

https://people.com/sports/jessica-pegula-mom-buffalo-bills-co-owner-kim-heart-attack/

They are already locked into their deal for a new stadium. 

It also doesn't change anything about Austin being an awful choice for an NFL team. 

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

My daughter lives there. Even the transplants are TU fans. She came from NY and has season tix

I spend plenty of time there myself. Some assimilate. Some don't. There are transplants that don't care, and a subset of them that are actually actively trying to shut the entire UT football program down. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

My daughter lives there. Even the transplants are TU fans. She came from NY and has season tix

I'm a transplant. I went to school where our football program sucked, so I have no real loyalty. Unless we get ARod, Carr, or Lamar, I'll be more excited for TU football with Arch than I will be about the Jets. 

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Austin is so connected to TU, it would be monumentally stupid to move there. Texas U is a religion in Austin. 

57 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

College does not compete with the NFL. You can support both. See LSU and Saints.

Agreed. Texas craves football. Friday night lights, Saturdays for NCAA, Sundays for NFL. Not only would it work, it would be a huge success. The problem is the Jerry's got ties in Austin and isn't going to allow a third Texas team. 

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

College does not compete with the NFL. You can support both. See LSU and Saints.

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

Austin is already bigger then several NFL markets...

9 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I'm a transplant. I went to school where our football program sucked, so I have no real loyalty. Unless we get ARod, Carr, or Lamar, I'll be more excited for TU football with Arch than I will be about the Jets. 

Agreed. Texas craves football. Friday night lights, Saturdays for NCAA, Sundays for NFL. Not only would it work, it would be a huge success. The problem is the Jerry's got ties in Austin and isn't going to allow a third Texas team. 

I live in Austin and there's no way this city cares enough about an NFL team or could support it without a massive upgrade to the infrastructure that next to no one will be willing to pay for to get an NFL team. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

San Antonio makes more sense than austin.

• Upvote 3