Training camp 8/2 - practice updates

57 minutes ago, fullblast said:

The rookies and second year guys are pretty much the only players who give the fan base any semblance of hope. Maybe throw in Quinnen? It's actually kind of sad to consider.

Not sad at all. It's encouraging.  Pro football is a young man's sport.  What players that have left the Jets have actually excelled elsewhere?  Not many.  Are there any?  People threw a fit when the Jets cut David Harris a few years ago and he barely played again.  Williams only had a great season in his contract year. Adams is well......Adams and not worth half of what he wants.  Isn't it expected that the young players will be the core on a rebuilding team?  I'm excited, not sad.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Seems like a pretty meh day overall. Nice to see the D making some plays. Generally been impressed by our CBs as it feels like even when our WRs are making plays they have been well covered. 

Will learn a lot more over the next few days when they put on the pads - just no injuries please. 

Need to start hitting. Seemed like a pretty uneventful practice today. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Poor Sam. Not surprised. Trevor may not be ready for prime time.

These anecdotal tweets about certain plays or a single day of training camp are not helpful.  They tell you nothing without context.  I'd rather read that a player is struggling in camp rather than "X just threw a pick" or "Y overthrew Z."  These play by play tweets from practice are too detailed to reveal anything about anybody.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Good news day out of camp. Wilson seems really solid again, maybe a tick below Saturday, Moore seems too good to be true, Morgan, Cam Clarke Yeboah all start showing up. Herndon playing well. One element of concern: Has Corey Davis or Cole caught a pass?

Since we spent a portion of this thread laughing at Sam and Trevor, I’ll point out that this seems to be a very generous summarization of Zach’s day ??‍♂️.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

As much as I think that Darnold is a good kid, wouldn't it be great if the Panthers are just plain bad this year and that pick is at the top of the second round?

Darnold is no longer a Jet...so I shall root for loses. Many of them....

• Upvote 2

Huge thanks to everyone for all the info, videos, etc.  What I'm deducing is there's a real sense of positivity at the facility, a sense of professionalism to the practices, etc.  Quick question:  What's the general consensus on how our "schemes" look so far?

The Gase era saw an offense that was bland and uninventive.  Any changes with the new regime?

Williams also ran a unique defense (safety back 50 yards).  How's the defense look?

Would love to hear from some die-hards whether we look good or not?  

Thanks very much!

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Drums said:

Crazy to think teams might have to actually game plan for us: How are you going to handle the DL? How are you going to handle the WRs? 

This year might get interesting. 

Yeah man this is a whole new look team! I would say we got modern? We have no idea what kind of Defense we're going to look like or Offense for that matter we also just got a new kicker!

New coaching staff new GM? Honestly you can't get too excited or say same old Jets. However I will say I am very cautiously optimistic. I really like what I'm hearing and seeing. The whirlwind that was the last few seasons dare I say was necessary and a process? I think we finally got it right, time will tell.

Jets fans should make no mistake that it was Chris Johnson and his good and bad decisions that got us to this place and he deserves his due if we're successful.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Red zone struggles seem to be consistent with Zach...

Less room for receivers to work.  Tighter windows.  Its tougher than making plays in the middle of the field.  Its his 3rd practice. I am not too concerned now.  And if we have a strong running game, it will help open things up in red zone.

• Upvote 1