Training camp 8/2 - practice updates

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Since we spent a portion of this thread laughing at Sam and Trevor, I’ll point out that this seems to be a very generous summarization of Zach’s day ??‍♂️.

Yeah - Can we ask the question of, "Are we concerned about Zach being ready to be the day 1 starter" without it being twisted into a conversation about career projections?  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Funny I'm watching NFL Network… All they talk about is Cam newton, Josh Allen, Trevor lawrence, Matthew Stafford, To a Tonga Ravioli, and Derrick Henry. Lol

But seriously when it comes to the Jets they briefly show the same generic clip of Zach Wilson just standing there? BS!

That is seriously funny!

4A17DA44-44EA-451E-96F7-40DBC76FB39A.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Yeah - Can we ask the question of, "Are we concerned about Zach being ready to be the day 1 starter" without it being twisted into a conversation about career projections?  

Only if Zach looks good on days where Sam and Lawrence look less than ideal.  If you ask that question when their performances are all on even footing then you aren’t a “real fan™️“.

22 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Red zone struggles seem to be consistent with Zach...

Early. Working through professions and needs to trust his reads. Game moves faster and he was rarely pressured in college. Jets should rely on the run and play action early this season to protect him.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

*sigh*

I know that I'm eventually going to find out how this fish is about to feel  but at the moment, it just all looks so good!

8 Best Underwater Fishing Cameras In 2021 ? | Tested and Reviewed by  Fishing Enthusiasts - Globo Surf

Nice snook.  Although, I’ve never seen what looks like a Gulp shrimp with a chartreuse tail?!?!  

I spent the last two seasons of Sundays fishing as opposed to watching the Jets.  Hoping to reverse that trend, especially with the heartbreaking resurgence of red tide.  :(  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Just got back from practice.   Beautiful morning out there.  They were working on throwing to the RB in the walk through and in individual drills,so I wasn’t surprised to see a lot of short passes during the 11 on 11.   

Davis and Cole are going to be lining up inside more than people think.  Moore was outside most of the time today, again a lot was the stuff they were trying to do.  Davis and Cole are good blockers in the open field. 

Kickers didn’t do anything, I asked Mann why they weren’t kicking and he said they don’t kick everyday. Lol.   

I got some good shots of Becton and the O-line since they were right I front of me.  

9DE73832-20F5-4792-9C53-B3C6194FB709.MOV

Cool, thanks for sharing. Were you on the field?

22 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Last Rookie QB to not start right away who was behind a clearly inferior player? The Chiefs were winning with Smith.

Wilson has to be ready and if he’s not then Douglas messed up not bringing in someone else to start initially

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

47 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Exhibit 1 on why you don't bury players based on tweets from the first few days of practice.  Are we going to discuss his Madden rating next?

I want to go bumping every post I've made for the last 4 days stating that you cant take anything from those tweets and they're probably just rotating players through different groups for reps, looks, coverages, routes etc. and that they havent finished the depth chart and that's the first week of camp but then it would like I was saying, I told you so!  But I dont want to be that guy...

hahahahahahahahaha

Who am I kidding?!!!?!?!?!?!?!!?  I ******* TOLD EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Just got back from practice.   Beautiful morning out there.  They were working on throwing to the RB in the walk through and in individual drills,so I wasn’t surprised to see a lot of short passes during the 11 on 11.   

Davis and Cole are going to be lining up inside more than people think.  Moore was outside most of the time today, again a lot was the stuff they were trying to do.  Davis and Cole are good blockers in the open field. 

Kickers didn’t do anything, I asked Mann why they weren’t kicking and he said they don’t kick everyday. Lol.   

I got some good shots of Becton and the O-line since they were right I front of me.  

9DE73832-20F5-4792-9C53-B3C6194FB709.MOV

Were you hanging out with the OL coaches?  jeez, what a shot.  And my god, that man is ******* massive.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Last Rookie QB to not start right away who was behind a clearly inferior player? The Chiefs were winning with Smith.

Wilson has to be ready and if he’s not then Douglas messed up not bringing in someone else to start initially

Captain James  Morgan will be ready and able if needed. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I want to go bumping every post I've made for the last 4 days stating that you cant take anything from those tweets and they're probably just rotating players through different groups for reps, looks, coverages, routes etc. and that they havent finished the depth chart and that's the first week of camp but then it would like I was saying, I told you so!  But I dont want to be that guy...

hahahahahahahahaha

Who am I kidding?!!!?!?!?!?!?!!?  I ******* TOLD EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saleh literally said that's what they were doing the other day in a press conference

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Right away?  Joe Flacco opened the season as the starter, then Lamar played.

Tyrod Taylor started the season for both Mayfield and Herbert.

And technically, Tom Savage started for the Texans ahead of Watson but was benched at the half during the opening game

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Also, Michael Carter RB is ridiculously quick as a receiver.  He gets in and out of his breaks so fast and so smooth.  There were a couple packages with him out there with Cole, Davis and Crowder at WR.   They run jet motion with Davis and set up either Davis in the flat or come back to the other side with Carter in the other flat.  Nice looking play design and one where you can set up other stuff off of it.   

Zach is really good with ball fakes and is quick to get the ball out in these situations   He’s really smooth with his movements   It’s a stark contrast to Morgan who looks like Frankenstein when carrying out those moves   

How's Zach's footwork been during live time?  

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Dude, his set up jab step is next level.  His ability to put his foot in the ground, set up a defender and change direction is ridiculous. 

edit: and it looks like that ball was late, if Wilson hit him after the change, that things is set up for some big YAC

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

These anecdotal tweets about certain plays or a single day of training camp are not helpful.  They tell you nothing without context.  I'd rather read that a player is struggling in camp rather than "X just threw a pick" or "Y overthrew Z."  These play by play tweets from practice are too detailed to reveal anything about anybody.

If Zach was doing that stuff, there would be a meltdown here.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

How's Zach's footwork been during live time?  

He gets a little jumpy sometimes, but he is really good carrying out ball fakes and bootlegging.   The stuff they were running today was mostly all short stuff designed to get the ball out fast, so he looked decent.  

49 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Since we spent a portion of this thread laughing at Sam and Trevor, I’ll point out that this seems to be a very generous summarization of Zach’s day ??‍♂️.

Not really. I don't know if you are in this camp but many seem to think interception=horrible practice regardless of other things he did. He had a bad red zone period, but was very good outside of that. Cimini described it as uneven, but does a pick and 2 fumbles negate all the other good things he did? I said solid not fantastic like Saturday was. I would also bet money that today's install was some red zone stuff where they are not all on the same page.

It's nothing like the Sam and Trevor practices where they just look bad and throw a lot of picks. Of course New Manish is going to trash Wilson. Not sure if KRL is there again but it would be interesting to see his impression. All we have are a couple dozen tweets.

One thing I will say: Have we ever had a receiver flash as much as Moore has? I mean it seems to be a common theme that he is not just playing well but looking like the best player on the field.

• Upvote 3