Training camp 8/2 - practice updates

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

He gets a little jumpy sometimes, but he is really good carrying out ball fakes and bootlegging.   The stuff they were running today was mostly all short stuff designed to get the ball out fast, so he looked decent.  

Yeah, as we discussed during the draft time, his footwork makes me very nervous.  So dependent arm strength.  Especially when going over the middle, he just gets all out of whack and loses all mechanics. Was hoping the worked on that but I assume they saw it all on full display during film session, so maybe they dont want to mess with it.  Not sure, but even that clip above on that great route by Moore.  He's jumpy in clean pocket and his feet are pointed at the sideline with the ball delivered across his body to the middle of the field and it's late.   Since they were working on the short passing game/throwing to RB's, I cant tell if his first read was the RB in the flats or not but that play, while sexy, is also what scares me.

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yeah, as we discussed during the draft time, his footwork makes me very nervous.  So dependent arm strength.  Especially when going over the middle, he just gets all out of whack and loses all mechanics. Was hoping the worked on that but I assume they saw it all on full display during film session, so maybe they dont want to mess with it.  Not sure, but even that clip above on that great route by Moore.  He's jumpy in clean pocket and his feet are pointed at the sideline with the ball delivered across his body to the middle of the field and it's late.   Since they were working on the short passing game/throwing to RB's, I cant tell if his first read was the RB in the flats or not but that play, while sexy, is also what scares me.

He’s going to get burned no doubt, but you can tell they aren’t giving him anything too difficult yet.   It’s a lot of 2 read hi-low or even low-high in some cases.   

I believe on that play to Moore they took away the flat and forced Zach to look downfield.   

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Well, most QBs could not even make the throw to Moore so it wouldn't be an option. It has been well documented that Zach throws not with his arm but with upper body toque to the point his feet can be completely off the ground and he will make throws. I mean it's not going to change and by every measure he is pretty much insanely accurate so really who cares? And some think his footwork is exceptional by the way. We all know you wanted Fields.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

When you standing next to these guys you really get how big and fast they are.  Men that big shouldn’t be able to love like that.  

The last thing you want to be is under one of these guys when they are ready to "love like that." Probably the last thing you ever do. Certainly you'll never fart out loud again.

• Haha 3

Just now, sec101row23 said:

He looked like a rookie, not a big deal.   Everyday is install day at this point in camp.   

Yup.  All I’m trying to say is maybe just worry about the Jets and not about laughing at former flames (Sam) or the girl that got away (Lawrence).

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Not sad at all. It's encouraging.  Pro football is a young man's sport.  What players that have left the Jets have actually excelled elsewhere?  Not many.  Are there any?  People threw a fit when the Jets cut David Harris a few years ago and he barely played again.  Williams only had a great season in his contract year. Adams is well......Adams and not worth half of what he wants.  Isn't it expected that the young players will be the core on a rebuilding team?  I'm excited, not sad.  

Point being, it’s a testament to how bereft of talent this roster was prior to 2020.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

This is copyright infringement.  Eerily similar to my I WAS TOLD NO ONE COULD THROW A COMPLETED PASS TO BRAXTON BERRIOS trademark.

Can't decide whether to go with a Jackie Chiles gif or to scream about how you conflated copyright and trademark when they're two different things, you bastard

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He’s going to get burned no doubt, but you can tell they aren’t giving him anything too difficult yet.   It’s a lot of 2 read hi-low or even low-high in some cases.   

I believe on that play to Moore they took away the flat and forced Zach to look downfield.   

It looked it.  He looked like he wanted to go to the flats but readjusted.  Which would be why he was a bit out of whack and understandable why he was a bit late and his feet were pointing toward the sidelines.  It was one play, it means nothing, was just curious if they were working on that stuff with him or not.  No doubt he is very fluid and that ball comes out hot from what I've seen thus far.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

The interesting thing to me about all the "bad footwork" "off platform throws" nonsense is that is also what Darnold was supposed to be.  Usually teams go out of their way to make a different mistake and draft a completely different player.  I see a bunch of similarities between Darnold and Wilson as prospects.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It looked it.  He looked like he wanted to go to the flats but readjusted.  Which would be why he was a bit out of whack and understandable why he was a bit late and his feet were pointing toward the sidelines.  It was one play, it means nothing, was just curious if they were working on that stuff with him or not.  No doubt he is very fluid and that ball comes out hot from what I've seen thus far.

The LBer came up to take away the RB, so the read is to throw where the vacated LBer came from, Moore running an in behind the LBer and in front of the safety.    Ideally you would like him to recognize the LBer taking the RB and get the ball out quicker to Moore.  All in due time.   

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

You know, 80% of the time you seem like a straight up dude. But then you post these child like tantrums and I have to scratch my head :)

Maybe while your scratching it, you should ask yourself, why am I taking this interwebz business so serious?

It was a joke homey, if I really cared that much, I would have found our entire conversation and done some DWC quotapolooza sh*t and posted a bunch of gifs and videos and pictures rubbing it your face.  I did not do any of that, I made a funny that many people laughed and you took serious. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Can't decide whether to go with a Jackie Chiles gif or to scream about how you conflated copyright and trademark when they're two different things, you bastard

"Well, that's like, your opinion man." (tm).

Copyright 2021, Warfish Publishing

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The interesting thing to me about all the "bad footwork" "off platform throws" nonsense is that is also what Darnold was supposed to be.  Usually teams go out of their way to make a different mistake and draft a completely different player.  I see a bunch of similarities between Darnold and Wilson as prospects.  

100%.  That was what I found so ironic about the fawning over Wilson during the predraft stuff.  He does everything you hate about Darnold almost routinely.  That said, he looks to be a more fluid athlete with a stronger more accurate arm.  So maybe he can get away with it at the next level the way Sam could not and already, he's working with a 10x better cast of characters.  

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

done

What

some

do

DWC

mean

quotapolooza

by

sh*t

that

and

exactly?

posted a bunch of gifs and videos and pictures rubbing it your face.

OIP.TAPcFlcUsvPt_QikSl-mpQHaDt?pid=ImgDe

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

But seriously when it comes to the Jets they briefly show the same generic clip of Zach Wilson just standing there? BS!

When we are 4-0 and heading to London, hearing their apologies will be delicious.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yup.  All I’m trying to say is maybe just worry about the Jets and not about laughing at former flames (Sam) or the girl that got away (Lawrence).

Welcome to life on a NFL fan message board. I'm sure all the other teams are doing the exact same thing in reverse. Really not sure why this bothers you so much. Who cares if there are people taking about Sam or Lawrence in a bad light? 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Welcome to life on a NFL fan message board. I'm sure all the other teams are doing the exact same thing in reverse. Really not sure why this bothers you so much. Who cares if there are people taking about Sam or Lawrence in a bad light? 

All I am saying is make sure you keep that same energy when Zach looks similar.