*** Around the League ***

nycdan

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I hear ya. If the NFL did a secret draft like we do here at JN, where every GM takes part, and every guy in the league is eligible, he wouldn’t go till the 3rd rd.

Way later than that.

By the end of round 3, every team will have a QB, and the other players will either be elite WRs, Edge Rushers, or LTs.  No team is taking a Safety that early.  And if they did, I suspect Derwin James would go before Jamal and possibly a few others.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I have no dog in this fight but I watched him play today. He seems like he has a live arm and good mobility and he made some big plays. The interception was a bad decision, he threw into triple coverage, but with more experience he can fix that. I think it’s too early to call him a bust. 

Experience hasnt fixed Darnold making that same mistake.

I didnt call him a bust, just thought he looked unimpressive 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Experience hasnt fixed Darnold making that same mistake.

I didnt call him a bust, just thought he looked unimpressive 

Most years it seems like there are 3-5 great QBs, and another 5-10 very good QBs.  That leaves a little over half the league starting a QB who is not either of those things.  Hell, math says half the QBs are below average.  Sam Darnold is one of those.  He's not a top-10 guy, but he may rise to not be a bottom-10 guy either.  Nothing wrong with that if that's all you have because there's not that many Rodgers/Mahomes/Brady types to go around.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Justin Fields seems to be having himself a nice game so far.  7/10 for 54 yds and 1 TD along with 2 rushes for 13 yards, against TEN.  Not world-beating, but I'm pretty sure CHI fans will gladly take it.

Made a fantastic TD throw. He's got the goods.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Justin Fields seems to be having himself a nice game so far.  7/10 for 54 yds and 1 TD along with 2 rushes for 13 yards, against TEN.  Not world-beating, but I'm pretty sure CHI fans will gladly take it.

It felt like conservative play calling by the Bears.  Not as "flashy" as the previous games, but to me this was his best performance.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Facing guys who will be bagging groceries in about a week

• Upvote 1

Do not care who says what on this fourm basically only 3 voices count, JD, the coach and leflur.  This will not be just black or white, it goes with how he practices, his potential, how he is learning, how the coaches like him and how his teammates like him.  We are talking the 3rd tight end here not the starter.  His opposition basically is sub par. Herndon should have been gone last year. The other thing to remember here is we can pick someone off the wire that JD loves.  Stop arguing over decisions you have no part in and discuss after they announce the 53 man roster.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, docdhc said:

Brady played 2 series last night. 11/14 for 154 yards, 1 TD pass, both drives ending in TDs. I know it’s preseason, going against a lot of 2nd stringers and all, but I think this guy might be pretty good!

They brought back every starter.

That team might win 14-15 games.  They look like a machine.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lith said:

D Jones looked really good in that 2-minute drill.  Completely under control and accurate for the entire drive.

He did.  Very nice td pass.

He is up and down, but they drop some balls and their o line makes mistakes.

Question.   Why does it look like there are 100 pounds of sand in the end zone?  Every time someone runs in the zone, sand flies up everywhere. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

I feel bad for Jones.  He showed a lot of potential as a rookie and then they throw him to an idiot wannabe Belichick 

They have him on the Sam Darnold plan. Flawed QB with a questionable supporting cast pretty much guarantees any chance to develop is doomed. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

He did.  Very nice td pass.

He is up and down, but they drop some balls and their o line makes mistakes.

Question.   Why does it look like there are 100 pounds of sand in the end zone?  Every time someone runs in the zone, sand flies up everywhere. 

I just flipped the game on as that drive began, so I didn't see the down part of the up and down.  

20 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

I feel bad for Jones.  He showed a lot of potential as a rookie and then they throw him to an idiot wannabe Belichick 

He had Barkley as a rookie. Not having that threat has really hurt his development.

• Upvote 1