*** Around the League ***

nycdan

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

That's the scary stuff.  Bubble guys who are so desperate to make a splash and get noticed but end up injuring other players.  

(That, Rex, is why you take your starters out of pre-season games as soon as the other team does.)

Yeah, you almost feel bad, he's trying to make play....and in the video, it looks like a secondary coach was celebrating this hit.  Certainly doesnt look like he's upset about it.

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

No Darnold updates today?  Strange

I did see where Panthers had a similar scary injury to ours at practice.  Back up WR carted off and taken by ambulance after apparent neck injury.  They may have cut practice short after the injury.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, PS17 said:

How did they not draft a RB? Myles Gaskin and Salvon Ahmed… have fun with that

I've never been high on that regime. I think they got lucky with Houston gifting them high picks. I think in 2 years they're on the hotseat next year and gone the year after due to being 3rd/4th in the division. 

I think Flores is a good defensive coordinator, but he plays so many games and seems to be very interested in being perceived as a "Genius". Stupid spats with players, playing music to annoy them, and crap like co-coordinators. Many of his moves just scream, "Notice my genius!" to me. 

I think Waddle is legit player, but their WR core is overrated imo. Outside of Gesicki and Waddle, that offense is trash. It's going to catch up to them and I think the game where they win and they're in against the Bills backups is telling that they got absolutely pasted and run rough shod by Matt Barkley leading 3rd stringers against their starters. 

I can't find a lot of reasons to think they're in the mix in this division in the next 2-3 years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

I've never been high on that regime. I think they got lucky with Houston gifting them high picks. I think in 2 years they're on the hotseat next year and gone the year after due to being 3rd/4th in the division. 

I think Flores is a good defensive coordinator, but he plays so many games and seems to be very interested in being perceived as a "Genius". Stupid spats with players, playing music to annoy them, and crap like co-coordinators. Many of his moves just scream, "Notice my genius!" to me. 

I think Waddle is legit player, but their WR core is overrated imo. Outside of Gesicki and Waddle, that offense is trash. It's going to catch up to them and I think the game where they win and they're in against the Bills backups is telling that they got absolutely pasted and run rough shod by Matt Barkley leading 3rd stringers against their starters. 

I can't find a lot of reason to think they're in the mix in this division in the next 2-3 years. 

And that’s not even mentioning Tua who looks quite underwhelming so far. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I can't find a lot of reason to think they're in the mix in this division in the next 2-3 years. 

They should have stayed put and took a QB. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

Nelson will be a much bigger loss than Wentz.Much bigger.

Wentz is horrible. I can’t believe Philly got a 1 for him (it’ll probably be a 2 because he’s made of glass and won’t play 70% of the games).

• Upvote 3

In other news, apparently it took all of a week for Watson to get pissed about his reps and storm off the field and leave practice. 

Worst case scenarios for the Texans Imo because now you've got a rookie QB you may need to rely on and a potentially very cancerous franchise QB that you can't have around the team. Now they are really gonna be pushed to trade him and all his allegations aren't resolved yet so if Miami still really wants him I would think they are looking at pennies on the dollar compared to the three 1sts+ they were looking at 4 months ago. Maybe (hopefully) if his value is down, other teams might be able to get involved besides Miami 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

In other news, apparently it took all of a week for Watson to get pissed about his reps and storm off the field and leave practice. 

Worst case scenarios for the Texans Imo because now you've got a rookie QB you may need to rely on and a potentially very cancerous franchise QB that you can't have around the team. Now they are really gonna be pushed to trade him and all his allegations aren't resolved yet so if Miami still really wants him I would think they are looking at pennies on the dollar compared to the three 1sts+ they were looking at 4 months ago. Maybe (hopefully) if his value is down, other teams might be able to get involved besides Miami 

Didn’t they sign tyrod Taylor this year as well?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Didn’t they sign tyrod Taylor this year as well?

Correct, as soon as I made the post it occurred to me they signed a vet I just couldn't remember who. Either way, hearing the reports of what went down it just sounds like a bad situation and they may have lost some leverage if Watsons plan is to show up and be a malcontent instead of holding out, which really just hurts him 

2 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Correct, as soon as I made the post it occurred to me they signed a vet I just couldn't remember who. Either way, hearing the reports of what went down it just sounds like a bad situation and they may have lost some leverage if Watsons plan is to show up and be a malcontent instead of holding out, which really just hurts him 

I see your point of view but I don’t think Watson has leverage in anything at this point. Texans might have to lower their price a bit but they will still get a lot.  If they have to wait then they will wait.  They might even hope he gets put on the commissioners exempt list to keep him out of the building. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, section314 said:

They should have stayed put and took a QB. 

It’s beyond ridiculous to write off a talent like Tua after a hip injury and one Covid season… and I don’t want to hear about some outlier example. If they move on next year, that guy will be thankful for Waddle. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Rough opening week for Indy.

Screw the Colts. 

My condolences to the players who have to go through painful rehab - but as for the franchise in Ind? A 100 curses. They Got away with the biggest sham landing Luck after Manning. Eat rocks for a decade, Indy 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

For all the hooplah over Luck, they only got six seasons out of him and 1 AFCCG appearance where they got roasted by the Pats.

Hell, we got more out of Sanchez.

Isn't that a rather perplexing thought? I really don't know what to make of it, as it is true.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Screw the Colts. 

My condolences to the players who have to go through painful rehab - but as for the franchise in Ind? A 100 curses. They Got away with the biggest sham landing Luck after Manning. Eat rocks for a decade, Indy 

They also landed Elway and Jeff George when they were "generational" prospects.

• Upvote 2

Just heard an interview with a Panthers beat writer and the question was why should fans be confident that the Panters are giving Sam a good Oline that he never had with the Jets. He goes well the RT is one of the highest paid in the league so you know he's good and the C Paradis won a superbowl with Denver so you know he's really good

...???? Thats some JetNation kind of crazy wtf rationalizations you would hear us using lmao. Maybe Jets fans aren't that much more insane than other fans after all. 

• Haha 3

Philip Rivers says he's 'staying ready,' won't close door on possible NFL return

Months after he announced his retirement from the NFL, former quarterback Philip Rivers says he isn't ruling out a return.

Rivers, who retired in January after one season with the Indianapolis Colts following 16 with the Chargers, told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday that he is staying in shape in case a situation presents itself for a late-season stint in the NFL.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 "I'm not quite there," Rivers, 39, told the Times. "I'm getting back there. I wouldn't have made weight if I had to report last week, that's for sure. But I am getting back into the lifting and running, and shoot, I occasionally throw a ball around out here in this heat. It's not too hard to get a good lather going.                                                                    "I'm just going to stay ready. I want to make sure I'm very clear: I'm not predicting I will play in December or January, for that matter. One, you've got to have somebody who wants you, and two, it's got to be right.

"But I have not completely ruled that out."

Rivers, a five-time Pro Bowler who ranks fifth in NFL history with 63,440 passing yards, led the Colts to the playoffs last season, throwing for 4,169 yards and 24 touchdowns. Indianapolis lost to Buffalo in an AFC wild-card game.

The Colts announced Monday that quarterback Carson Wentz will have surgery on his injured left foot and will be out five to 12 weeks.

Rivers currently is in his first year as head football coach of St. Michael Catholic High School in Alabama. According to maxpreps.com, the team's final regular-season game is scheduled for Oct. 29, which is Week 8 of the NFL season.

ODELL BECKHAM JR.DROPS $1.8 MIL ON ICED-OUT TEETH... 13 Carat Diamonds!!!

Next time you see Odell Beckham, ask him to smile ... and you'll witness a $1.8 million dollar grin!!!

Sources tell TMZ Sports ... the Cleveland Browns star pretty much has a mansion in his mouth now ... after hitting up celeb dentist Dr. Thomas Connelly to get some natural porcelain veneers done.

But, the 28-year-old didn't ask for your regular pearly whites ... he wanted his on a different level -- framed with a load of diamonds ... and Connelly delivered!

OBJ's new teeth look AMAZING ... with a iced-out cross on his fang and the back of his teeth -- on both sides -- infused with gems.

We're told Connelly -- who's made icy teeth for Post Malone and Chris Brown -- did a 28 unit full mouth reconstruction ... and it carries 13 carat diamonds!!!

The 3-time Pro Bowler dropped $1.8 MILLION on his new teeth ... but it won't hurt his pockets -- he's made over $60M in his NFL career so far.

It'll be nice to see the guy get back on the field after going down with a season-ending injury in November 2020 ... but wear a pair of shades if you stare at his smile ... just in case.

6e7c55b6bc384d39aed07e39ef048f53_md.jpg

4657b993fa4f4e33b69b94d89246d4c0_md.jpg

5 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

ODELL BECKHAM JR.DROPS $1.8 MIL ON ICED-OUT TEETH... 13 Carat Diamonds!!!

Next time you see Odell Beckham, ask him to smile ... and you'll witness a $1.8 million dollar grin!!!

Sources tell TMZ Sports ... the Cleveland Browns star pretty much has a mansion in his mouth now ... after hitting up celeb dentist Dr. Thomas Connelly to get some natural porcelain veneers done.

But, the 28-year-old didn't ask for your regular pearly whites ... he wanted his on a different level -- framed with a load of diamonds ... and Connelly delivered!

OBJ's new teeth look AMAZING ... with a iced-out cross on his fang and the back of his teeth -- on both sides -- infused with gems.

We're told Connelly -- who's made icy teeth for Post Malone and Chris Brown -- did a 28 unit full mouth reconstruction ... and it carries 13 carat diamonds!!!

The 3-time Pro Bowler dropped $1.8 MILLION on his new teeth ... but it won't hurt his pockets -- he's made over $60M in his NFL career so far.

It'll be nice to see the guy get back on the field after going down with a season-ending injury in November 2020 ... but wear a pair of shades if you stare at his smile ... just in case.

6e7c55b6bc384d39aed07e39ef048f53_md.jpg

4657b993fa4f4e33b69b94d89246d4c0_md.jpg

loos f'ing retarded if you ask me

• Upvote 3