*** Around the League ***

nycdan

DAMN IT!!!!!!!! ?

Saints signed K Aldrick Rosas.

Rosas served a four-game suspension in 2020 but is cleared to take the field immediately. An All-Pro in 2018, he hit just 72% of his field goals before being released by Jacksonville last year. He'll receive the first crack at Wil Lutz's (groin surgery) starting job in camp.

Aug 20, 2021, 4:52 PM ET
  •  

8 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Ja'Marr Chase has looked awful. Two bad drops and he cowered out of a catch when he seen the safety coming. Has apparently been shaky in camp too. 

I'm most certainly benching him in my fantasy football league. 

But in all seriousness I think he sat out 2020 due to being scared of becoming exposed without Joe Burrow last year. And I've said this for months now.

We drafted the best WR in Elijah Moore this Chase kid is one of the most overrated WRs drafted in a long time. 

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Mahomes with an INT because his crap O-Line flushed him out of the pocket. 

Jets O-line looks light years ahead of KCs. 

Dont' blame that one on the oline  he had time to throw and made a terrible decision.  that was the type of play that a guy like Danrold gets flayed for,

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is 100% not a bum because of the exact reasons you just stated.  How can you be so good at quoting facts and then interpreting them 100% opposite of what they show?

When you're in the league for 17 years with 0 career playoff games and a career losing record of 59-86? You stink. 

59-86 career losing record?

17 years? 

0 playoff games? 

And then during your only chance you've ever had at the playoffs (behind a top 10 Defense) you throw three (3) 4th Quarter INTs week 17?

And then put up one of the worst QB seasons in Jets Franchise history the following season? 

He's mediocre. And he STINKS. 

This MEDIOCRE JAG can't even perform in the PRESEASON as an 18th year mediocre veteran. 

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Dont' blame that one on the oline  he had time to throw and made a terrible decision.  that was the type of play that a guy like Danrold gets flayed for,

I watched the play and even reminded it. His left side of his O-Line got completley blown up and forced Mahomes to start running right into the sidelines.  

His LT got beat like a drum on that play. 

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

When you're in the league with 0 career playoff games and a career losing record of 59-86 you stink. 

59-86 career losing record?

17 years? 

0 playoff games? 

And then during your only chance you've ever had at the playoffs (behind a top 10 Defense) you throw three (3) 4th Quarter INTs week 17?

And then put up one of the worst QB seasons in Jets Franchise history the following season? 

He's mediocre. And he STINKS. 

This MEDIOCRE JAG can't even perform in the PRESEASON as an 18th year mediocre veteran. 

A bum is a guy like Hackenburg.

Fitz is a journeyman, not good enough to be a long term starter not bad enough to be out of the league, does enough to stay in the league.  A guy that plays 17 years is not a bum.  Hell he's been the starter for 5 or 6 teams at least.

Guys throw rose petals at guys like Matt Moore and kill a guy like fitz.

• Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Mahomes looks really bad tonight so far and his O-Line looks awful especially in the run game. 

If KCs O-Line takes long to gel Mahomes will regress this year. 

Sammy Watkins to Baltimore is a bad loss for Mahomes and an awesome addition for Lamar Jackson.

Or it’s just an indicator that TC practices and pre-season games mean dick in the grand scheme of things.

I know we all say this when real football is being played and then conveniently forget about that after being starved for football for 6 months every year…but that’s just how it goes.

Mahomes will regress and look like trash this year just like how Carl Lawson was going to deliver 18 sacks and make his first all-pro team.

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I watched the play and even reminded it. His left side of his O-Line got completley blown up and forced Mahomes to start running right into the sidelines.  

His LT got beat like a drum on that play. 

He had enough time to throw, maybe he is used to tons of time.  even if he was flushed it does not excuse a horrible ill timed decision leading to that pick.  It was an awful play by a great QB.