*** Around the League ***

nycdan

12 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Ok. Question. 

Would you be ok if Zach Wilson has 0 career playoff games for our Jets and 17 years later too?

I would certainly prefer he didn’t obviously but that doesn’t take away the fact that Fitz has made it through 17 years. Whether you think he’s a bum or not 17 years for a 7th round draft pick is a helluva accomplishment. Somebody likes him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

About to watch the Bengals Washington  game and I hope Fitzpatrick looks like dog crap. 

The NFC East is really bad. Washington’s defense and the running game with Gibson means Fitz would have to be especially Fitz-like to screw it up.  They are winning that division easy

15 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Fitz wasn’t drafted second overall

perspective matters

Draft stock goes out the window the very moment you're drafted and the only thing that matters is production from there on out. 

Tom Brady was a 6th round draft pick with now 7 SB rings.  

Perspective? Teams have paid this guy a lot of money including the Jets and he's paid them back by crapping the bed every time.

If Zach Wilson goes 17 years with 0 career playoff games this place wouldn't be happy. 

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I would certainly prefer he didn’t obviously but that doesn’t take away the fact that Fitz has made it through 17 years. Whether you think he’s a bum or not 17 years for a 7th round draft pick is a helluva accomplishment. Somebody likes him.

Kellen Clemens had a long career and he also sucked donkey d1ck

9 minutes ago, Joejet said:

No body l likes him. 8 different teams have QUIT on him and Washington will become the 9th team that'll soon quit on him (again). 

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Waddle is the best rookie WR.  And then Pitts although he’s a TE

Elijah Moore just broke the All-Time Ole' Miss single season receiving record for most receptions during a single season. And he broke the record in only 8 games too. That's nuts. 

Elijah Moore over Waddle and it's not even close. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Draft stock goes out the window the very moment you're drafted and the only thing that matters is production from there on out. 

Tom Brady was a 6th round draft pick with now 7 SB rings.  

Perspective? Teams have paid this guy a lot of money including the Jets and he's paid them back by crapping the bed every time.

If Zach Wilson goes 17 years with 0 career playoff games this place wouldn't be happy. 

His career has been a success for a 7th round pick.   He might be the highest earning 7th round pick ever. 

I expect more from my second pick overall. Just the way I view it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No body l likes him. 8 different teams have QUIT on him and Washington will become the 9th team that'll soon quit on him (again). 

Actually his Jets teammates loved him. His investment banker probably loves him too so nobody is a stretch. I think we can all agree that you don’t like him though.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes and it'll be 18 years with no playoffs for him and he'll be benched before week 5 due to poor play. 

Yet he’ll still collect $10 million this year and it wouldn’t surprise me if another team in 2022 offers him something similar, be it to either bring a young QB along slowly or simply because they have no other viable option.

Damn, what a loser, that guy…

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Albaniajet said:

He is

(No specific order).

Tom Brady.  

Aaron Rodgers. 

Ben Roethlisberger.  

Russell Wilson. 

Dak Prescott.  

Patrick Mahomes.  

Deshaun Watson.  

Lamar Jackson (MVP). 

Kyler Murray. 

Josh Allen.  

I'm done with this Ryan Fitzpatrick talk but how can you be considered a top 10 QB with 0 Pro Bowls, 0 All Pros, career losing record and 0 playoff games? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

His career has been a success for a 7th round pick.   He might be the highest earning 7th round pick ever. 

I expect more from my second pick overall. Just the way I view it. 

I don’t even think there’s a “might” in this equation.

I’m pretty sure he’s earned more than the majority of 1st round picks throughout history.

He’s a viable QB who is beloved in the locker room.

Any team who has a young QB to break in or is stuck in a “no win” Kellen Clemens/Brett Ratliff situation will pay out the ass to bring him in, even as he approaches 40.

He’s probably one of the greatest “success” stories in pro football history.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

(No specific order).

Tom Brady.  

Aaron Rodgers. 

Ben Roethlisberger.  

Russell Wilson. 

Dak Prescott.  

Patrick Mahomes.  

Deshaun Watson.  

Lamar Jackson (MVP). 

Kyler Murray. 

Josh Allen.  

I'm done with this Ryan Fitzpatrick talk but how can you be considered a top 10 QB with 0 Pro Bowls, 0 All Pros, career losing record and 0 playoff games? 

Yeah but Allen’s 56% completion percentage at Wyoming 

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

(No specific order).

Tom Brady.  

Aaron Rodgers. 

Ben Roethlisberger.  

Russell Wilson. 

Dak Prescott.  

Patrick Mahomes.  

Deshaun Watson.  

Lamar Jackson (MVP). 

Kyler Murray. 

Josh Allen.  

Who the hell, besides you, has attempted to paint Fitzpatrick as a viable longterm QB?

He’s never been that. Ever.

Even after Buffalo attempted to hitch their wagon to him earlier in his career.

But what he has been is arguably the best backup QB in the league for the last decade. And has made a sh*tload of money in the process.

Good for him

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Who the hell, besides you, has attempted to paint Fitzpatrick as a viable longterm QB?

He’s never been that. Ever.

Even after Buffalo attempted to hitch their wagon to him earlier in his career.

But what he has is been arguably the best backup QB in the league for the last decade. And has made a sh*tload of money in the process.

Good for him

I've never once mentioned him as a "viable longterm starter" but I have mentioned how I believe he's mediocre and an absolute crap QB. And I guarantee he's benched before week 5 due to poor play. 

And no. He hasn't been the "best backup QB" because he's got a career losing record with 0 career playoff games and stinks as a backup too. 

Even Heinicke looks much better than him two weeks in a row too.

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

5 times over 20 tds thrown.  223 career tds thrown, (to 169 ints) 5 time over 3,000 yards.  Fitz is no gem but he is certainly not a bum.

It's been proven time and again if you do not have a really solid Qb and fitz is on the team fitz will take the job

And then crash and burn hard.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, johnnysd said:

And then crash and burn hard.

So?  Not one person has said he is a great or skilled or wonderful qb.  He was called a bum which he is certainly not.

And as for your previous post.  The jets loved him that is for sure after his big year here.

Just now, johnnysd said:

He is not beloved. In fact he is generally not liked. Media loves him

What are you basing this on?

Everywhere he’s been everyone talks about what a great guy he is in the locker room and how he’s more than willing to help the young QB’s on the team.

You’re not still landing $10 million a year deals on the verge of 40 years old if you’re a snobby dickhole who is generally disliked amongst teammates and coaches.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Elijah Moore just broke the All-Time Ole' Miss single season receiving record for most receptions during a single season. And he broke the record in only 8 games too. That's nuts. 

Elijah Moore over Waddle and it's not even close. 

Let's revisit this post at the end of the year...lol

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

5 times over 20 tds thrown.  223 career tds thrown, (to 169 ints) 5 time over 3,000 yards.  Fitz is no gem but he is certainly not a bum.

It's been proven time and again if you do not have a really solid Qb and fitz is on the team fitz will take the job

Very true.  When you think about it, fitz could be the best jets qb since Pennington.