*** Around the League ***

nycdan

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Yeah, talk about overreacting to rookie performances in the preseason. Who is ready to call Chase a bust?

Thank you. 

If Becton gave up 3 sacks.  

If Zach tossed 3 INTs.  

If DENZEL MIMS dropped 3/3 passes. 

They'd all be getting killed right now. 

I've always said it since day one that Chase sat out all of 2020 in order to save his 1st round draft status due to knowing he'd become exposed without Joe Burrow; Terrace Marshall Jr. is a WR who I raved about and will become a much better WR than this overrated Chase.  

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I've never once mentioned him as a "viable longterm starter" but I have mentioned how I believe he's mediocre and an absolute crap QB. And I guarantee he's benched before week 5 due to poor play. 

And no. He hasn't been the "best backup QB" because he's got a career losing record with 0 career playoff games and stinks as a backup too. 

Even Heinicke looks much better than him two weeks in a row too.

Who owns the jets single season passing record ?

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Who owns the jets single season passing record ?

Not for completion percentage or more importantly QB Rating he didn't. And definitely not in winning percentage.  

His 2015 season is super overrated and NOTHING like Vinny of 1998 or Pennington of 2002. Nothing like it. 

Don't make me post Fitzpatrick's 2016 statistics either. Because it's one of the worst in Franchise history. Which speaks volumes. His 2016 season after robbing us blind of $ was criminal. One of the worst QB years within Jets Franchise history. 

(So please don't tempt me to embarrass Fitzpatrick). 

Did you enjoy his week 17 meltdown with three (3) 4th quarter INTs? Because I didn't. 

Our Jets had a top 5-10 Defense under Todd Bowles 2015 that year and sh*tztragic held them back from the playoffs.  And had so many CRAP games (I can post his crap 2015 games too). 

Please don't talk to me about Fitzpatrick anymore. He's yesterdyesterday's preseason news. Zach Wilson has me too fired up for "Fitzpatrick" bum talk. 

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Thank you. 

If Zach tossed 3 INTs.  

I've always said it since day one that Chase sat out all of 2020 in order to save his 1st round draft status due to knowing he'd become exposed without Joe Burrow; Terrace Marshall Jr. is a WR who I raved about and will become a much better WR than this overrated Chase.  

If Becton gave up a single sack today this board would have lost  their collective minds.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If Becton gave up a single sack today this board would have lost  their collective minds.  

Trust me. I know.

I took screen shots the other day of me having to defend D'Brickishaw back in 2007 of 14 years ago (during only his 2nd season) and I had to create a thread about my support of D'Brickishaw (due to Buffalo week 14 of his rookie season and getting destroyed by Aaron Schobel) and during his 2nd year he was still getting attacked because of it. 

Some things never change.  

Because now it's Mekhi Becton getting killed but this time? Twitter is involved which makes it 10x more annoying.  

Back in 2006-2007 I was only 21-22 years old but yet I knew a great Franchise LT within the makings when I saw one and understood what player development was all about but now I'm 36 and grown men (still) don't? 

Oh well. I'm officially done correcting people about Mekhi Becton. Just as I quit trying to change fans minds about D'Brickishaw Ferguson back then too. I'll simply chalk it up to them having a Twitter account and not knowing how to comprehend the definition of player development still to this day. 

D'Brickishaw Ferguson was probably getting criticized in 2006, 2007 and 2008 by the same group who wouldn't back off of him until he made his 1st Pro Bowl of 2009 (as a 4th year player) and will now do the same to a developing Mekhi Becton because they just simply don't understand that 2nd year players don't walk into Canton and already ready the HOF and now 14-15 years later i blame myself because I'm an idiot for even trying to talk Football with this D'Brickishaw/Mekhi Becton camp. 

I'll just enjoy the ride and have the last laugh once he feasts into the HOF (Because he's absolute greatness). 

Via The Athletic 

The Panthers locked up one of Sam Darnold’s offensive-line protectors over the summer and are on the verge of keeping one of his favorite targets around a while, as well.

The team is deep in talks on a multiyear extension for wide receiver Robby Anderson and could finalize the deal in the next several days, a league source told The Athletic.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

What's up with the Panthers not giving Darnold like any reps in preseason. Its like they're hiding him lol.

They're both scared of exposing him and they're embarrassed of themselves for throwing away a 2nd round pick + a 4th round pick for him too. 

Trust me when I say they aren't hiding no secret NFL weapon. 

He's dumber than a box of rocks and probably is only 25% into learning their playbook. 

6 hours ago, C Mart said:

Via The Athletic 

The Panthers locked up one of Sam Darnold’s offensive-line protectors over the summer and are on the verge of keeping one of his favorite targets around a while, as well.

The team is deep in talks on a multiyear extension for wide receiver Robby Anderson and could finalize the deal in the next several days, a league source told The Athletic.

Very happy for Robbie. Been one of the most under rated WR's in the league for years. 

On 8/21/2021 at 12:34 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Thank you. 

If Zach tossed 3 INTs.  

Chase was getting hyped as the best WR prospect since Calvin Johnson.  He shouldn’t be looking like Stephen Hill out there

Watched Lance play. He had some good plays and mostly not so good plays. Has accuracy issues. Speed issues as in he throws a bullet on short passes and his receivers had a hard time catching his throws. I wouldn't consider him a bust just yet. Potential is there but he needs time. Definitely not ready to start. I don't see him being the type to take a team to a SB though. His ceiling is Lamar Jackson.

Quite funny how the media narrative all camp has been how great Lance and Fields look in practice and how they are ready and how our boy, The King of NY, was "struggling." It's enough to make me never want to read Twitter or watch sports talk shows ever again.

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Lance looked horrendous. Lost when his first read wasn't there.

Jimmy G should play the full season.

I watched his game and he did not look horrendous. 

8/14 (57.1%), 102 Passing Yards, 2 TDs/1 INT, 2 sacks and a QB Rating of 89.9. 

I've never been a believer in him and his performance was nothing like Zach Wilson; but it was an impressive one and his arm is a rocket. 

You know who's looked horrendous during his first two games? Kyle Trask of Florida @JiFapono

● Kyle Trask vs. Tennessee/Cincinnati (combined).

17/41 (41.4%).

166 Passing yards (4.0 yards per pass attempt).

0 TDs.

2 INTs.

3 sacks.

QB Rating of 36.1. 

You obviously don't know what horrendous looks like.