How Long Should Wilson Play in the First Preseason Game

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I am talking about on this forum. Why do you take every comment and blow it out of proportion.  

Also, every other QB you mentioned played a 4 game preseason. It has no bearing at all on this season. Some don't  agree but I think the starters don't  play game 3

Not one QB I mentioned ever played 4 games in a preseason, as Saleh said, not one starter played in week 4

As I said, I'm not leaving Zach out there with backups trying to grab a pelt.  You dont seem to hear what I'm saying.  Its not a big deal the CS will decide but do continue to argue.?

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Not one QB I mentioned ever played 4 games in a preseason, as Saleh said, not one starter played in week 4

As I said, I'm not leaving Zach out there with backups trying to grab a pelt.  You dont seem to hear what I'm saying.  Its not a big deal the CS will decide but do continue to argue.?

i am advocating for probably 2 more offensive drives than you are in game 1. This is really what you have been arguing about. The argument for a backup trying to lite up Zack is a valid one but you didn't  make it until your last two posts. First it was we need to get the backup ready. We need to get a guy that hopefully never steps on the field all season ready in the preseason. Do you know how absurd that sounds. Then you wrote Wilson's arm could fall off. Seriously? Also I am not talking about Sanchezing him. The #1 O should be out there with him.

As far as Saleh's comment that no starter played in week 4, that is true but are we just going to ignore the battle for depth spots on the team which is what game 4 is all about? Are the bubble guys going to be decided by a coin flip? I think we have 2 games where starters play and the last one is still going to be the bubble guys.

The preseason was too long. What the league did was smart but with the format change comes adjustments and that is what I am talking about. 

46 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

i am advocating for probably 2 more offensive drives than you are in game 1. This is really what you have been arguing about. The argument for a backup trying to lite up Zack is a valid one but you didn't  make it until your last two posts. First it was we need to get the backup ready. We need to get a guy that hopefully never steps on the field all season ready in the preseason. Do you know how absurd that sounds. Then you wrote Wilson's arm could fall off. Seriously? Also I am not talking about Sanchezing him. The #1 O should be out there with him.

As far as Saleh's comment that no starter played in week 4, that is true but are we just going to ignore the battle for depth spots on the team which is what game 4 is all about? Are the bubble guys going to be decided by a coin flip? I think we have 2 games where starters play and the last one is still going to be the bubble guys.

The preseason was too long. What the league did was smart but with the format change comes adjustments and that is what I am talking about. 

For about the 5th time, I'm not arguing.  

On 8/2/2021 at 4:57 PM, THE BARON said:

The first preseason game, he'll probably play the first half.   Second preseason game, probably first three quarters.  Third preseason game probably first quarter only.

And I cant imagine that he'll ever be playing behind anyone other than first string offensive line.  

That is the answer right there. Wilson plays as long as the first string O line plays. And the first string O line should play a long time because they need the reps together. The caveat being that if the first string O line is playing sh*tty, pull Wilson early. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

For about the 5th time, I'm not arguing.  

Don't give me that crap. You aren't arguing because I just showed you how pointless your whole position has been. 

2 drives. I said he should play for a half, you said a little more than a qrt. which is a drive or 2 difference. 

On 8/3/2021 at 7:32 AM, SAR I said:

Changes this year are not only 3 preseason games but also now there is a 2 week gap between the last preseason game and the start of the regular season as well, in fact the Jets have a 16 day gap as our only preseason home game is on a Friday.  

So resting the starters in preseason game 3 shouldn’t happen, this should be the game they get the most playing time, so I expect Zach to get the full half and maybe the first series of the third quarter.   

SAR I

I'm not sure sitting starters the last week was about rest. I always took it to be more about eliminating risk of injury in that last week and the final eval of the bottom of the roster. Either way, there is no 4th week to risk any injury so I agree they shouldn't be sitting anyone. I think they should play the starters during this 3 game preseason the same way they always played them during games 1-3. It would be a mistake to treat the 3rd game this year like the 4th game last year, imo. This team needs the reps. 

• Upvote 2