Why the Jets (and Many Teams) Are Not Wearing Pads Yet

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So please, stop being critical that the Jets are "not in pads" yet.  It's not the Jets.  It's not Coach Saleh.  It's not that we're soft.

It's the CBA.  That's all.

Now we know, and....

OIP.TJdFoH69-U0YjdQyIUn4PQHaH_?pid=ImgDe

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Literally posted two of the parodies at the same time. Those are ******* classics man. 

• Upvote 3
57 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

56 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I approve of this... 

Gi Joe Psa GIF

55 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Literally posted two of the parodies at the same time. Those are ******* classics man. 

Stop all the downloadin’!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

So please, stop being critical or exasperated that the Jets are "not in full pads" yet. 

It's not the Jets.  It's not Coach Saleh.  It's not that we're soft.

It's the CBA.  That's all.  Most NFL teams aren't in pads.

I’m pretty sure the entire league has been wearing pads non-stop for the past 20 years compared to the football I recall watching back in the 80s & 90s. 
image.jpeg.02bba89574171a84c43b3effd3ffedef.jpeg

35 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

I’m pretty sure the entire league has been wearing pads non-stop for the past 20 years compared to the football I recall watching back in the 80s & 90s. 

Funny. 

if football was still played like that we’d have deaths during games. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
28 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Funny. 

isn’t it funny?

How many NFL in-game football fatalities actually occurred on the field back then?

Just a rough estimate of the actual body bags accumulated during the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s will validate your nonsensical point. Football was always a violet sport, but please sack up and don’t make it out to be as historically lethal like boxing  🙄

1 hour ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Please. Just an ounce of decorum. 

• Thumb Down 1
Funny. 

I watched all through the 70s,80s,90s ... dont remember deaths happening ... can u elaborate ... cause I really do not remember that .. and that was before all of these rule like defenseless receivers, lowering crown of helmet, and QB blow to the head rules etc etc.

One guy died in the 70s ... from a heart attack I recall ... similar to the kid playing soccer this year that nearly died.

I dont think anyone else has died playing nfl football. Ever.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

isn’t it funny?

How many NFL in-game football fatalities actually occurred on the field back then?

Just a rough estimate of the actual body bags accumulated during the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s will validate your nonsensical point. Football was always a violet sport, but please sack up and don’t make it out to be as historically lethal like boxing  🙄

the players are much bigger, stronger and faster now compared to back then.  much more chance of severe injury.

anyway, it doesn't matter what you or i think.  football a while ago realized they were going to make this switch to make the game safer and also higher scoring.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I watched all through the 70s,80s,90s ... dont remember deaths happening ... can u elaborate ... cause I really do not remember that .. and that was before all of these rule like defenseless receivers, lowering crown of helmet, and QB blow to the head rules etc etc.

One guy died in the 70s ... from a heart attack I recall ... similar to the kid playing soccer this year that nearly died.

I dont think anyone else has died playing nfl football. Ever.

My post said, if the rules were the same as back then - we would have much more significant injuries and most likely death.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
My post said, if the rules were the same as back then - we would have much more significant injuries and most likely death.

You mean more significant injuries and death compared to the way rules are now .... how did the league survive before ?

Hard not to have more death when there literally has never been a contact related death in the sport prior to now.

Incidentally... the main point is the pussification of training camp ... I agree with some of the new rules for safety .. no question.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

You mean more significant injuries and death compared to the way rules are now .... how did the league survive before ?

Hard not to have more death when there literally has never been a contact related death in the sport prior to now.

Incidentally... the main point is the pussification of training camp ... I agree with some of the new rules for safety .. no question.

the league survived because the players were not as fast, big, etc

https://operations.nfl.com/inside-football-ops/players-legends/evolution-of-the-nfl-player/

anyway, doesn't matter what you or i think, the nfl has decided to move to a safer model.  

• Like 1
On 8/3/2021 at 3:32 AM, Lupz27 said:

That 2011 CBA ruined the game of football as we knew it.

I agree but it had to happen. They should have compensated in other areas to stop it becoming the passing fest it is now but they had to make the game safer. 

Mid 2000's NFL was probably the pinnacle of sports. 

the complaining about this is funny coming from people who mostly seem to be worried about their viewing experience only, and don't have to risk their health out there.....

anyway , i honestly couldn't care less about the practice rules being used for heat acclimation and whatnot. i only want to see the jets put together a good team, whether or not they are wearing pads for practice on day 6 vs day 7 is a non-issue. 

the complaining about this is funny coming from people who mostly seem to be worried about their viewing experience only, and don't have to risk their health out there.....

anyway , i honestly couldn't care less about the practice rules being used for heat acclimation and whatnot. i only want to see the jets put together a good team, whether or not they are wearing pads for practice on day 6 vs day 7 is a non-issue. 
The people viewing dont make 5 million a year plus. I'm with you on the putting together a good thing.

My concern is that the guys aren't ready for live bullets ... but 3 preseason games should be enough.

Actually your post said "if the rules were the same as back then we would have deaths during games" .. there was no "most likely" qualifier ... I really dont care... but that was what I reacted to.

• Upvote 1