Can we get a bottle of water and a lozenge for Chris Nimbley?

Last sh*tpost before football season starts.

I listen to the Play Like A Jet podcast with Scott Mason daily. I sometimes have to turn it off when Chris Nimbley comes on because of his chronic cough. I like Nimbley's commentary, but his coughing fits get to be too much. If he has lung disease or some other lung dysfunction, I apologize for sounding like a dick.  I have Misophonia, which might explain why it drives me nuts. Excessive sniffling, coughing, throat clearing, chewing, lip smacking, and other bodily sounds fills me up with anxiety and anger. I have to turn off the radio when Craig Carton decides to eat during a broadcast. 

I did a Google search to see if anyone else noticed the coughing and a Reddit thread popped up.

image.png.95bc2504abe38c721d8387007f552f0a.png

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I listen to the Play Like A Jet podcast with Scott Mason daily. I sometimes have to turn it off when Chris Nimbley comes on because of his chronic cough. I like Nimbley's commentary, but his coughing fits get to be too much. If he has lung disease or some other lung dysfunction, I apologize for sounding like a dick.  I have Misophonia, which might explain why it drives me nuts. Excessive sniffling, coughing, throat clearing, chewing, lip smacking, and other bodily sounds fills me up with anxiety and anger. I have to turn off the radio when Craig Carton decides to eat during a broadcast. 
I did a Google search to see if anyone else noticed the coughing and a Reddit thread popped up.

I never noticed this until last weekend. I was gonna start taking shots every time he coughed. Thank god I didn’t, I’d be dead

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Same here...and it's so damn distracting - that i often just skip Nimbly's segments.   I don't have what you have, but I have a similar reaction as you.

I love the podcast and do listen to it most days - but that's just the worst.   I like him and like what he has to say but it's just disgusting - like you I just can't get past it.
I suspect he must smoke a couple of packs or Marlboro Reds a day.  Should either quit smoking or stick to writing. 

• Upvote 2

I don't know this person but most coughing like that is from alcoholism.

Those that have been drinking for awhile know exactly what I mean....

It has nothing to do with the lungs and everything to do with acid reflux from always messing with the acid level of the stomach via alcohol.

At least, that is my take from being there for many years...

Of all the Jets podcasts I have in my rotation this is the one I like the least. 

It has the advantage of being a daily show so tends to be up to date but I always find it a little too snarky for some reason. Like the host seems to often outright dismiss opinions they disagree with. Isn't this also the show that platformed Manish for ages? 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Hystorm said:

I don't know this person but most coughing like that is from alcoholism.

Those that have been drinking for awhile know exactly what I mean....

It has nothing to do with the lungs and everything to do with acid reflux from always messing with the acid level of the stomach via alcohol.

At least, that is my take from being there for many years...

That may be, but smokers of legal and illegal substances have that cough as well.  It's really hard to say what it is.

• Upvote 1

On 8/4/2021 at 9:23 AM, Irish Jet said:

Of all the Jets podcasts I have in my rotation this is the one I like the least. 

It has the advantage of being a daily show so tends to be up to date but I always find it a little too snarky for some reason. Like the host seems to often outright dismiss opinions they disagree with. Isn't this also the show that platformed Manish for ages? 

My favorite is the Cimini podcast.  And I kinda don’t like the guy, but he does a great job with it.

btw, I think they read this board, because I haven’t noticed the coughing the last 2 days 

• Upvote 2

On 8/3/2021 at 12:41 PM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Depends on how many MG’s are in that lozenge.

My favorite is the Cimini podcast.  And I kinda don’t like the guy, but he does a great job with it.

btw, I think they read this board, because I haven’t noticed the coughing the last 2 days 

I 100% agree! I was going to type this, but ever since this was posted, he has been better. Although I will say, in this mornings mailbag, he was coughing again. But still, noticeably better this past week.
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I 100% agree! I was going to type this, but ever since this was posted, he has been better. Although I will say, in this mornings mailbag, he was coughing again. But still, noticeably better this past week.

I saw somebody say something to him on twitter about it and he replied so he might be focusing on not doing it as much.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

That's funny. I haven't listened to the podcast since I posted this. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/7/2021 at 7:41 PM, AFJF said:

I saw somebody say something to him on twitter about it and he replied so he might be focusing on not doing it as much.

well in this morning's podcast (mailbag edition) someone specifically asked him about it!!  He said he's a smoker, and the podcast is typically late at night, etc.  So he acknowledged it.