Carl Lawson Pre-Jets highlights.

Its downright amazing that the Bengals chose to sign Trey Hendricks instead of this kid.

Putting him next to QW is going to really create a matchup problem for offenses who have to leave one of the guys 1-1 or keep in a 6th blocker.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

shouldn't this be expected of lawson?  i mean he got a pretty big contract.  and it's not like he has to surpass gastineau's sack total.  he just needs to be a viable threat and maybe end up with 10 or so sacks.

I think him ripping through our Becton every other play is definitely a little better than expected. The hopes for Becton are that he takes steps to becoming an all-pro this year and yet Lawson is beating him like a drum. 

You never want to get too carried away but if plays with this type of consistency in games we'll have a line that is just going to wreck teams. 

• Upvote 1

He seems to have all the traits they look for and his speed will really help him in this D.  I think speed guys always flash before they go in pads,  It probably isn't that surprising that he is beating Becton at this point.  If we were playing against him, I would run right at him a few times and let the Big Ticket crush him.  Highlights had him torching Jason Peters a few times.

7 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Lawson’s justifiably creating  a buzz, but I think the unit will be the bigger story 

If Q stays healthy, the O line will have nightmares dealing with these guys -- Establishing a running game against Lawson, Q, Foley, JFM will is a tall order for any O. Plus those guys can be kept fresh due to the D line depth. And on passing downs with JFM going inside to DT, good luck to any QB having room to step up in the pocket. Whoever gets to play the DE spot opposite Lawson on passing downs has a chance to put up some big numbers. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

shouldn't this be expected of lawson?  i mean he got a pretty big contract.  and it's not like he has to surpass gastineau's sack total.  he just needs to be a viable threat and maybe end up with 10 or so sacks.

I think the hope is that the DLine will feed each other.  If a QB steps aside because Q is blowing through the middle and Lawson is there, that's a sack.   

When 1 DL is all that gets through it's often a hurry - which is good, but collapsed pockets seem to lead to more sacks.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

I think the hope is that the DLine will feed each other.  If a QB steps aside because Q is blowing through the middle and Lawson is there, that's a sack.   

When 1 DL is all that gets through it's often a hurry - which is good, but collapsed pockets seem to lead to more sacks.  

totally agree on that.  i think with qwill and lawson they will be able to put quite a bit of pressure on the qb and then a little more from the rest of the oline will put them over the top.  this could be the best unit on the team.

• Upvote 1