Peaky Blinders Mafia - Game Over!

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I drove a Uhaul from Jax, FL to Seattle, WA.  True story.

I drove one with a trailer attached from NJ to FL with my brother-in-law and my two dogs in the cabin. Smoked all the way there. What a ******* awesome trip even though the trailer was a bitch sometimes. 

Moving is probably the worst thing ever though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What do you do?

When I was in NJ the town took care of that. In Mexico, the town takes care of it. Seems like it has always been a thing where I've lived so I'm surprised to hear you guys have to hire someone. More than one company goes the same route? That is dumb and pollutes like a mother ****er.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

When I was in NJ the town took care of that. In Mexico, the town takes care of it. Seems like it has always been a thing where I've lived so I'm surprised to hear you guys have to hire someone. More than one company goes the same route? That is dumb and pollutes like a mother ****er.

Personally I like having the option of shopping providers and being able to switch if I'm not happy with the service. It's not like the town does it for free - you pay either way. Might as well get the option of choice.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I drove a Uhaul from Jax, FL to Seattle, WA.  True story.

why do I feel like there is going to be a "I sh*t myself" in the Uhaul story coming with this?

29 minutes ago, Drums said:

You have to hire a company to pick up your trash? WTF?

yes we do... also if you "want" to recycle there is an additional bin and fee for that.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Stark said:

why do I feel like there is going to be a "I sh*t myself" in the Uhaul story coming with this?

yes we do... also if you "want" to recycle there is an additional bin and fee for that.

Savages

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Drums said:

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Personally I like having the option of shopping providers and being able to switch if I'm not happy with the service. It's not like the town does it for free - you pay either way. Might as well get the option of choice.

agree with the Tequila bro here.. its really not that expensive but I like to have the option to change who I give my $ to if the current on sucks... 

We switched to waste management really for no good reason other than the pickup day.... 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yeah, I never had a problem with the way people picked up trash, and never seemed to have the problem you're having but to each his own. I have too many choices already in life. I don't have time to worry about garbage pick up.

• Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, Drums said:

I drove one with a trailer attached from NJ to FL with my brother-in-law and my two dogs in the cabin. Smoked all the way there. What a ******* awesome trip even though the trailer was a bitch sometimes. 

Moving is probably the worst thing ever though. 

ha. drums baking a truck with his dogs... lol.. 

is this how you play WZ?

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Yeah, I never had a problem with the way people picked up trash, and never seemed to have the problem you're having but to each his own. I have too many choices already in life. I don't have time to worry about garbage pick up.

its not the way they pick up... its that they are just skipping 1 or 2 weeks at a time and you can call and complain and try to schedule a "special pickup" and they will tell you they can't.. they are having some service issues, probably not enough employees - heard a guy I know has a family member that used to drive  for them and they are calling anyone and offering immediate start/bonus and daily pay just trying to get drivers.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:33 AM, Stark said:

its not the way they pick up... its that they are just skipping 1 or 2 weeks at a time and you can call and complain and try to schedule a "special pickup" and they will tell you they can't.. they are having some service issues, probably not enough employees - heard a guy I know has a family member that used to drive  for them and they are calling anyone and offering immediate start/bonus and daily pay just trying to get drivers.

That's... garbage! They come here every Monday, Wed, Friday and I think it was twice a week in NJ. With my compost bin, I don't even have that much garbage.

8 minutes ago, Drums said:

Stark, what are your thoughts on Mezcal? You guys talk a lot about tequila yet no one ever mentions Mezcal.

not going to lie I usually talk myself out of buying/trying it... I don't have a good reason and no one I hang out with has ever mentioned it. 

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

not going to lie I usually talk myself out of buying/trying it... I don't have a good reason and no one I hang out with has ever mentioned it. 

It is ******* strong but I think you would appreciate it and would eventually be able to find a good one that you like. Give it a try one time. Most people here sip it straight out of a shot glass with a slice of orange. 

16 minutes ago, Stark said:

few beers takes the 'edge' off.. im same way ... too hyped for WZ without it

I see you on sometimes and was going to join you but I've been doing a lot of rebirth-- so much more action. Sucks when you spend ten minutes in Verdansk getting your sh*t together only to lose a gunfight with randoms. Slowly getting back into Verdansk lately though.

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

I see you on sometimes and was going to join you but I've been doing a lot of rebirth-- so much more action. Sucks when you spend ten minutes in Verdansk getting your sh*t together only to lose a gunfight with randoms. Slowing getting back into Verdansk lately though.

I get it.. I don't do a lot of rebirth but mostly because my friends like Verdansk.. lately I play just solos so if you see me send a message at least, I don't hate the idea of trying rebirth more

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

It is ******* strong but I think you would appreciate it and would eventually be able to find a good one that you like. Give it a try one time. Most people here sip it straight out of a shot glass with a slice of orange. 

can you tell me 1 or 2 to try

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Stark said:

I get it.. I don't do a lot of rebirth but mostly because my friends like Verdansk.. lately I play just solos so if you see me send a message at least, I don't hate the idea of trying rebirth more

I win often in Rebirth -- I find it a bit easier because of the map size and I know it well.

9 minutes ago, Stark said:

can you tell me 1 or 2 to try

The one I have is Sacro Imperio, which is good, but I am not an aficionado like you guys. Probably can't go wrong if there's a scorpion at the bottom either haha.

35 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Wife wasn’t due for a couple of weeks, figured I could fit this game in before then. Turns out my daughter had other plans and wanted to get in on the scum killing. Welcome to the world Baby Jvill, weighing in at just over 6 pounds, or approximately the same weight as a Crusher post 4th lunch but pre 1st dinner porterhouse.

B18290DF-ACAD-40D7-ABA1-E61C1E18154D.thumb.jpeg.6b4eafea3f11470f6b547a7209abceea.jpeg

congrats!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Stark, what are your thoughts on Mezcal? You guys talk a lot about tequila yet no one ever mentions Mezcal.

Tequila is a type of Mezcal.   FYI.   Tequila is just cooked in ovens where as Mezcal roasted, typically underground.  Not trying to be a snob but people who say they like Tequila and not Mezcal are foolish or uneducated/uninformed.   Mezcal's are often hand crafted and more often less mass produced.  I've got a few Mezcal's I absolutely love.  If you love Tequila, you should love Mezcal.  Often, it's much better.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Wife wasn’t due for a couple of weeks, figured I could fit this game in before then. Turns out my daughter had other plans and wanted to get in on the scum killing. Welcome to the world Baby Jvill, weighing in at just over 6 pounds, or approximately the same weight as a Crusher post 4th lunch but pre 1st dinner porterhouse.

B18290DF-ACAD-40D7-ABA1-E61C1E18154D.thumb.jpeg.6b4eafea3f11470f6b547a7209abceea.jpeg

What a cutie!!!  Congrats!  May his Football fandom be filled with misery just like Pops!

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiFapono said:

Tequila is a type of Mezcal.   FYI.   Tequila is just cooked in ovens where as Mezcal roasted, typically underground.  Not trying to be a snob but people who say they like Tequila and not Mezcal are foolish or uneducated/uninformed.   Mezcal's are often hand crafted and more often less mass produced.  I've got a few Mezcal's I absolutely love.  If you love Tequila, you should love Mezcal.  Often, it's much better.

That's why I brought it up. I knew they were both from agave but I didn't know they were the same. I don't drink a lot and therefore am not greatly interested in alcohol. I know very little. 

17 minutes ago, Drums said:

That's why I brought it up. I knew they were both from agave but I didn't know they were the same. I don't drink a lot and therefore am not greatly interested in alcohol. I know very little. 

I bartended/managed bar through college, my first gig out of college was working for one of the distributors that I ordered from all those years.  I hated the job but I learned a sh*t ton about booze and wine and had a killer collection during those days.  I'm also a big fan of going on distilling tours and wine tours, etc.  I'm fascinated by the craftsmanship and the process.  So I've learned a ton over the years going to Tequila/Mezcal distilleries in Mexico, Vineyards in Cali and France, Bourbon in Tennessee - it fun, you learn a ton and get wasted in the process. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

Congratulations Jvill!!!! And she is a beautiful baby.    

• Sympathy 1