TC Updates -- Wed Aug 4

Lith

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

With three quality slot receivers in berrios, crowder, and moore, it'll be interesting to see how creative we can get in the redzone. A lot of different ways to win with the personnel we have especially factoring in bigger bodies like cole, davis, and mims . 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

That’s…not a bad pick on 1-on-1s….that’s a bad look for a big guy like Mims…

two slow off the slide steps. I like the idea, slide two times outside to work inside, but he's two slow off the second slide and then never gets body position. Disappointing rep there on a route he should eat up. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

I don’t think that was a pick, I think Mims caught it. The pick was on a fade route, and Bless was covering.

if he caught it i retract my statement about it being a disappointing rep. Thats a nice contested catch for the guy. My remarks on his steps though and body positioning still stand though, it shouldnt have been as close as it was. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

if he caught it i retract my statement about it being a disappointing rep. Thats a nice contested catch for the guy. My remarks on his steps though and body positioning still stand though, it shouldnt have been as close as it was. 

Yeah not a great route either way

Also of note.  It seems that Zach learns fast.  Yesterday played so-so, today it seems like he's dialing.  Doesn't get gun shy, doesn't stop dealing.  

Is he lighting it up.  No.  But he's flashy and he keeps slinging it.  

Again...very, very different than in years past.  I actually don't remember a QB that we've had (and I go way back) that demonstrated this much electric ability.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1