TC Updates -- Wed Aug 4

Lith

51 minutes ago, Lith said:

46 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Interesting to me that this coaching staff seems to be getting a lot of different players reps with the 1's.  That's the only real way to determine if a player is capable or not.  Good for depth.  Good for accurate assessment of who the best players are.  Overall a very good practice.

We've heard for years (maybe decades) that there will be legit competition in camp...but it never materializes.  Same old retreads get trotted out there regardless of merit.  This staff seems to be merit based.  You play well, you play.  Period.

Another welcome change as far as I'm concerned.

45 minutes ago, Lith said:

I'm betting this is pure player evaluation

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

Terrible throw, great route, great hands. He needs to stack plays like this

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

When the last whistle blows for practice, I picture a trainer running over to you with a Gatorade bottle ? The way you keep up with those tweets is tremendous dude, thank you very much. Maybe I'm just horrible with Twitter but its so much easier to follow on here with your posts than on my own Twitter feed so I really appreciate it!!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

I'm betting this is pure player evaluation

Terrible throw, great route, great hands. He needs to stack plays like this

Absolutely. This team, especially the secondary, has so many young players that there should be a lot of rotation with the 1s. Probably applies to CB more than any other position.  Been a little disappointed I'm not hearing much about Dunn. After the way he was talked up in minicamp, I was hoping it would continue into TC

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Yup; but hey man, still gotta execute.  Glad him and the entire offense stepped it up today.

Oh, absolutely.  Gotta make the throws, but I think it is fair to point out that 7 on 7 drills give a huge edge to the offense.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, SamtheMan14 said:

Would have loved to see Sam Darnold in this offense. I think he could have been dynamic. 

Sam is that you?  I know you might be a little home sick, but you probably shouldn't be posting here during Panther's practice. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Oh, absolutely.  Gotta make the throws, but I think it is fair to point out that 7 on 7 drills give a huge edge to the offense.

Absolutely lol, don’t get me wrong, not disagreeing.  Just excited to see!