Elijah Moore = too overhyped?

11 hours ago, Paradis said:

preach my dude... I think the right guy's in place to at least eliminate doubts about what WE could have done. 

Its not hard to see a scenario where it feels everything since the SB has been working against him, no combine, drafted by the worst Coach/GM tandem, you pull your hammies, Offense stinks and then the new OC  walks into the room and says - nah fck that, i need to play like this __ instead...

Doesn't excuse his struggles, but they're relatable if that's the case and hopefully 2021 is one of those years he talks about in the future as a humbling, growing experience on how to be professional and a resilient one too. 

Yea agreed, there certainly has been a lot of factors working against his success.  He's also not a very natural fit for this offense, but he can definitely make the transition, he has the skills, just seems like he's been a slow study and perhaps not putting enough energy into his craft. At the end of the day if he wants to be successful it will be on the work he puts in. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

He’s all any of these reporters are talking about every single day. I don’t even know what to expect from him week 1? Is he gonna have a crazy rookie year like Jefferson did last year? What are the expectations on this kid 

Making plays, highlight plays every practice and then seeing the reports of those plays isnt hype.  Its exactly what it is, a great camp from a rookie WR.  

40 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Yea agreed, there certainly has been a lot of factors working against his success.  He's also not a very natural fit for this offense, but he can definitely make the transition, he has the skills, just seems like he's been a slow study and perhaps not putting enough energy into his craft. At the end of the day if he wants to be successful it will be on the work he puts in. 

And the good news is that even if he doesn't figure it out in the next season or two, we have a nice WR room, mix of young guys and veterans, so that we can give Mims time to work it out without throwing a bunch of jag UDFAs out there.  I am still a Mims fan, and hope the light will turn on for him, but its pretty clear that he has fallen down the depth chart and is not likely to play the role I expected in this offense.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

He’s all any of these reporters are talking about every single day. I don’t even know what to expect from him week 1? Is he gonna have a crazy rookie year like Jefferson did last year? What are the expectations on this kid 

From the tape of him in college and the bits I have seen from camp, EM is going to have a nice pro career.  There have been and always will be *draft steals*.  EM seems like a real find.  This is less about EM and more about Joe Douglas.  

The Jets have a good GM now.  The gifts will keep coming. 

3 hours ago, Lith said:

And the good news is that even if he doesn't figure it out in the next season or two, we have a nice WR room, mix of young guys and veterans, so that we can give Mims time to work it out without throwing a bunch of jag UDFAs out there.  I am still a Mims fan, and hope the light will turn on for him, but its pretty clear that he has fallen down the depth chart and is not likely to play the role I expected in this offense.

Honestly, he has the year to figure it out, if there isnt improvement with all of the draft capital the team has going forward into next year and some good WR's coming out again, if he doesnt show he can stick, his replacement will be drafted next season.  Especially considering crowder and cole will be on the FA market again next season.  Its a very big year for the young man. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Now I don’t like to share a journalists work when it’s behind a pay wall since it is hard work with value but here’s the ending of that article. 
88EDB574-8394-4913-A63C-3D9DE22E8731.thumb.jpeg.241902aadfc85121d8cf8dc20e80bcb7.jpeg

Just read the article.  Very good article, hard not to get excited about this kid.  When we draft him I was kind of meh on the pick -- thinking he was just a Crowder repalcement.  I thought we could have traded back, recouped some draft captial from the AVT deal and gotten someone just as good. 

As of now, I am thrilled that we stayed put and took this kid.

• Upvote 2

On 8/4/2021 at 3:00 PM, Warfish said:

Does that matter? 

Does something bad happen to him, the Jets or us if he gets some minor praise during early camp?

I expect nothing.  He's a rookie backup slot WR (as of right now), behind Crowder. 

I expect from him the same as I would from any rookie backup slot WR.  Minimal production on minimal targets.

If he blows up, great!  Expecting him to blow up, same ol' same ol' Jets Fans getting ahead of themselves as usual.

And ffs, stop paying so much attention to who the media "hypes" in early training camp.  If ever there was a route to disappointment, that is it!  LOL.

Relax, and be patient brosef.  You'll get to watch Preseason with your very own eyes soon enough, and you can judge for yourself what to expect from Mr. Moore, by how much, and how well, he plays.

On 8/4/2021 at 3:01 PM, Jet25 said:

Drafting Elijah Moore in the 2nd round in fantasy this year. I believe in the hype!

Larry David Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lith said:

5 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Now I don’t like to share a journalists work when it’s behind a pay wall since it is hard work with value but here’s the ending of that article. 
88EDB574-8394-4913-A63C-3D9DE22E8731.thumb.jpeg.241902aadfc85121d8cf8dc20e80bcb7.jpeg

3 hours ago, Lith said:

From Connor Hughes column

OMG I need some Elijah Moore boner pants.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

he is everything that mims was supposed to be but is not

mims apologists will point to all of the reasons why  he failed and we have a rookie that came right in and stole his job 

Am I a Mims apologist if I point out that this GM took Moore 25 spots ahead of Mims and that maybe the fact he was a higher rated prospect has something to do with him seemingly being a better player?

On 8/4/2021 at 3:43 PM, Warfish said:

Moore can't produce if Wilson can't hit him in stride, and since I'm not at camp, so I have no idea as yet what Wilson can or will do.

exactly!!

cant hype a WR without the QB.  if there talking so good about Moore than Wilson must be having a hell of a camp too.

unless there talking about Moore's blocking ability LOL

He's not over hyped. Just ask A.J. Brown. This kid is A+ special. 

Jacksonville has already screwed over Trevor Lawrence by passing up on this kid with the #1 pick of the 2nd. That was criminal. 

Because you do not break Ole' Mississippi's single season All-Time Receiving record for most single season Receptions All-Time without being an absolute incredible ball player.  And he broke it last year despite only 8 games. That's nuts. 

He's unstoppable. Couldn't be stopped @ High School. Couldn't be stopped @ Ole' Miss. Couldn't be stopped @ OTA's. Couldn't be stopped @ Mini-Camp and he hasn't been able to be stopped here in Training Camp (regardless of who his QBs has been) and he won't be stopped come the regular season either. 

He's the real deal. I wanted him months before the draft ever happened. And he'll become our #1 WR by the end of the season too. 

He's going to change the NFL myth about size at the WR position. 

• 1 month later...
Just now, Jets723 said:

He is only playing in his third game.  He actually showed good things in Game 2. Can we give rookies a chance to grow for a change?

Lol people were saying he was gonna break Justin Jefferson’s rookie receiving yard record… he has like 30 yards in 3 game s

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

Lol people were saying he was gonna break Justin Jefferson’s rookie receiving yard record… he has like 30 yards in 3 game s

Well yeah I do think going overboard on a player before they play a game is silly. It’s great to have positivity/hopes but we need to let the kids grow and play through their mistakes or growing pains 

• Upvote 1

On 8/6/2021 at 1:22 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's not over hyped. Just ask A.J. Brown. This kid is A+ special. 

Jacksonville has already screwed over Trevor Lawrence by passing up on this kid with the #1 pick of the 2nd. That was criminal. 

Because you do not break Ole' Mississippi's single season All-Time Receiving record for most single season Receptions All-Time without being an absolute incredible ball player.  And he broke it last year despite only 8 games. That's nuts. 

He's unstoppable. Couldn't be stopped @ High School. Couldn't be stopped @ Ole' Miss. Couldn't be stopped @ OTA's. Couldn't be stopped @ Mini-Camp and he hasn't been able to be stopped here in Training Camp (regardless of who his QBs has been) and he won't be stopped come the regular season either. 

He's the real deal. I wanted him months before the draft ever happened. And he'll become our #1 WR by the end of the season too. 

He's going to change the NFL myth about size at the WR position. 

I almost miss these…

i mean i dont, but almost…

• Haha 1