Jets Record at Halfway Week 9/Colts

So 17 week schedule really messes with the "halfway point" of the season but lets throw a dart at completion of week 9 for the Jets. 

They play a very beatable team in the Colts on Thursday night. So where do we see the team record wise. 

Jets opponents in order for first half

Panthers 

Patriots

Broncos 

Titans

Falcons 

Patriots

Bengals 

Colts

Is it just me or can the Jets be 6-2 entering the second half? I don't see a good team on the list with the exception of the Titans. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

If we beat Sam Darnold opening week and then come home and beat a Pats team led by Cam Newton...2 very winnable games...I'm going to say 6-2. Imagine this board if we do pull off those first 2 games lol.  Some of the games I thought  we would lose look winnable now with injuries on the Colts and reports of Burrows looking bad in camp for the Bengals.  Think we lose to Pats once and Titans. At Denver and at Atlanta will be tough.  Ok I'm switching to 5-3.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

If we beat Sam Darnold opening week and then come home and beat a Pats team led by Cam Newton...2 very winnable games...I'm going to say 6-2. Imagine this board if we do pull off those first 2 games lol.  Some of the games I thought  we would lose look winnable now with injuries on the Colts and reports of Burrows looking bad in camp for the Bengals.  Think we lose to Pats once and Titans. At Denver and at Atlanta will be tough.  Ok I'm switching to 7-3.

Yes, this opener is HUGE for the team. Man if we beat Sam, METLIFE will be rocking Week 2 for home opener against the Cheats. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

14 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

So 17 week schedule really messes with the "halfway point" of the season but lets throw a dart at completion of week 9 for the Jets. 

They play a very beatable team in the Colts on Thursday night. So where do we see the team record wise. 

Panthers 

Patriots

Broncos 

Titans

Falcons 

Patriots

Bengals 

Colts

Is it just me or can the Jets be 6-2 entering the second half? I don't see a good team on the list with the exception of the Titans. 

The Jets will be 5-3 cause Mama said so! 

• Haha 1

I want the offense and defense to play well, their record is immaterial. 

I don't want to see another Gase inflated record with poor play both offensively and defensively. I want to see an offensive manhandling the other teams defensive line.

If that produces wins, awesome.

If not, oh well.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

@SAR I 8-0?

winnable.jpg

I have something better than predictions this season; I have expectations.  The Worst Head Coach in The NFL is gone.  The Lowest Rated QB in The NFL is gone.  And, most importantly, The Worst GM in The NFL has been gone for 3 years.  It's time for some winning.  Winning.

When the Jets win the 4 winnable games in the first half of the season, I expect them to be 4-4.  They have 3 home games, 1 neutral field game, a bye week, and we are facing a set of the weakest quarterbacks in the NFL.

There are upsides too.  I expect Belichick to sweep our rookie quarterback, but Cam Newton crumbles under pressure and perhaps Saleh can bring it.  I expect the playoff Colts to beat us as the road team on a Thursday night, but without Carson Wentz a eked out win becomes a possibility.

4-4 is the expectation.  5-3 would impress me.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 and 6.

2 win teams, with rookie QB's, New HC, OC, DC, new systems with 7 new starters on offense - 4 of them Rookies - coming off the worst offense in the NFL for two years running and CB's with little to no starting experience....

Don't just turn things around that quickly.  The Jets will struggle to win games this year.

I suspect they'll flash and they'll be fun to watch with a lot of excitement but teams have to learn how to win.  Anyone counting on much more than a fun team to watch is going to be disappointed.  

• Upvote 3

3-5, maybe 4-4.

@ Panthers -- I think we win this.

Pats -- I think we split with the Pats. I'll say L here.

@ Broncos -- A possible win, but Denver is a tough place to play with a rookie QB and young team. Toss up.

Titans -- I think we L this to a good team.

Falcons in London -- I think this is a W. They aren't that good and for some reason I feel like London favors us.

@ Pats -- I think we split with the Pats. I'll call this a W, even though we never win in Foxboro.

Bengals -- Toss up. Certainly a game we should win if we're in the playoff hunt.

@ Colts -- If they're reasonably healthy they're a better team than we are for sure. L

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

2 and 6.

2 win teams, with rookie QB's, New HC, OC, DC, new systems with 7 new starters on offense - 4 of them Rookies - coming off the worst offense in the NFL for two years running and CB's with little to no starting experience....

Don't just turn things around that quickly.  The Jets will struggle to win games this year.

I suspect they'll flash and they'll be fun to watch with a lot of excitement but teams have to learn how to win.  Anyone counting on much more than a fun team to watch is going to be disappointed.  

The flip side of that coin is we have 7 new starters on O and a New HC, OC and DC.  That's the only reason we can turn it around.  

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Panthers 

Patriots

Broncos 

Titans

Falcons 

Patriots

Bengals 

Colts

I’d like to see who the quarterback of the Colts is before I commit Kev. 

29 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The flip side of that coin is we have 7 new starters on O and a New HC, OC and DC.  That's the only reason we can turn it around.  

Fair enough and I agree.  This team can really be special, just not this year.

Not only do they have to learn and gel, but they have to do it where they can only practice 2 hours a day, can't tackle in practice and almost never wear pads. 

It's just going to be hard for this team to get a true feel of playing together.

We better at least be competitive this season. I’d expect around 6 wins at the very least.

A lot of people are in here tempering expectations but teams can win with rookie QB’s in the modern NFL. Rookie HC may be an excuse not to be great but we’s still better see a lot of progress. You’d want to see the same kind of culture change we seen from Mangini to Rex, even if we don’t have that level of talent yet.

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Panthers 

Patriots

Broncos 

Titans

Falcons 

Patriots

Bengals 

Colts

it's not just you.  so much depends on when the teams meet as well as how the jets are coming together as a team.  the jets look like they're getting the trenches together so the restof the pieces should be able to fall together pretty well.  can't wait.

This is gonna be a fun season partially because we are headed in the right direction with a young talented team and partially because some of you are delusional and think we are gonna be the Chiefs starting week 1 which should lead to many epic meltdowns. ?

23 minutes ago, undertow said:

This is gonna be a fun season partially because we are headed in the right direction with a young talented team and partially because some of you are delusional and think we are gonna be the Chiefs starting week 1 which should lead to many epic meltdowns. ?

Who is saying this?