there is football today...

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I'm bored of soccer fans explaining to me the reasons why it's a superior sport to NFL football...

They are correct about one thing ... rampant commercial times.

Cant wait.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I like watching the highlights when they score. That parts really cool. The actual games are pretty long and I didn’t grow up playing it. Being Italian  my skinny cousins all played in a Saturday league and I got brought by My grandmother to get my “Husky” jeans from Sears. One of my loving Uncles brought me to a Pop Warner tryout and said,” try this you fat little shit!” It worked out just fine. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Damn, I wish the Crochet Channel hadn't scheduled "Hot New Seams 'n' Patterns" at the same time.   Or else I'd definitely watch.  Right now, I'm working out the kinks for my herbal tea blend, which I'll brew right before the show.

No disrespect, but there are parts of this post  I believe are true. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, KRL said:

With the league mandating no pads early in camp it wouldn't shock me if there are

quite a few injuries tonight

yep....this is the unfortunate part of the world we live in....players arent pushed as hard in training because everyone is so sensitive to everything....but the reality is that early season and preseason injuries are through the roof.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Unless we're playing it in (and we're not), the HOF Game is usually a total snorefest.

Glad we're closer to Jets Football, but I'm passing of this, would rather watch my Nats play all the new kids after our mass-firesale, and see if any of them look like they might turn out decent.

Now, Week 1 of Preseason when the Jets play and Wilson (and Morgan) makes his real debut in real game conditions.....THAT is a must watch for me.

8 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

yep....this is the unfortunate part of the world we live in....players arent pushed as hard in training because everyone is so sensitive to everything....but the reality is that early season and preseason injuries are through the roof.

The Players Union is getting what they asked for. 

Fans just need to accept it and move on, because unless the players want it to change (and they don't) it isn't going to change.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tell us more, but slower.

I know most here would love nothing more than me extolling the visionary Tunisian hook design.  Or if the Susan Bates Brand has begun to lose a tad of its luster?  But one or two members would find it trite and bothersome.  And who wants that, really?   Certainly not me.

• Haha 2

Been going to the Albany Empire games lately (after a poster here turned me on to them) while not the same I’ll tell you one thing it really shows how small the field becomes when a qb rolls out and cuts off the other side of the field. 

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Snook said:

Been going to the Albany Empire games lately (after a poster here turned me on to them) while not the same I’ll tell you one thing it really shows how small the field becomes when a qb rolls out and cuts off the other side of the field. 

Playoff football on Saturday 

Lol, I turn on the Winnipeg vs Hamilton CFL game half way though the 1st quarter.  Immediately a defensive player is in the back field almost before the RB gets the ball and makes a great tackle for loss.  I think 'whoa who is that guy?'...... Lorenzo Mauldin

• Haha 3