Should Saleh be disciplining the players more in camp?

Just now, KRL said:

There's nothing to "discipline".  There have been few penalties and the "fights" that have

broken out were handled by the players themselves

Shouldn’t they still be doing sprints and push-ups for technical mistakes? I’m just reading about Joe Judge cracking the whip and wondering why Saleh doesn’t seem to do that. Parcells used to run a brutal camp. 

• Thumb Down 9

3 minutes ago, SamtheMan14 said:

Joe Judge reminds me of my high school football coach in the 70s. That’s how football training camps  are supposed to be run.

You got to break them down and build them back up. Joe Judge will have the most disciplined team in the league this year. 

I think as a manager that the best way to treat people is to be honest and upfront with them.

He said that Chris Herndon "disappeared at times" last year.  That is exactly the type of honesty that I want to hear, and what he needs to convey directly to his players.  

If he does that, then if and when he needs to discipline a player, it will be easier to do so, since he will have had that honest discussion.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SamtheMan14 said:

Joe Judge reminds me of my high school football coach in the 70s. That’s how football training camps  are supposed to be run.

You got to break them down and build them back up. Joe Judge will have the most disciplined team in the league this year. 

Giants looked so disciplined last season.

Who was the Giants fan masquerading as a Jets fan last year and talked up Judge at every chance?   He also talked up the great job Gettleman was doing with the Giants

GreekJet or someone like that.

4 minutes ago, SamtheMan14 said:

Shouldn’t they still be doing sprints and push-ups for technical mistakes? I’m just reading about Joe Judge cracking the whip and wondering why Saleh doesn’t seem to do that. Parcells used to run a brutal camp. 

The Giants havent been doing wind sprints and push-ups for technical mistakes.

They did wind sprints and push-ups for being an undisciplined team that got into a full fledged brawl that ended with their starting QB on the bottom of the pile.

Guess all that screaming and yelling by Judge has paid off

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Giants looked so disciplined last season.

Who was the Giants fan masquerading as a Jets fan last year and talked up Judge at every chance?   He also talked up the great job Gettleman was doing with the Giants

GreekJet or someone like that.

14inGreen

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

here’s Saleh’s response to that question, he doesn’t believe in that method of “discipline” 

That’s nice and all, but in my day football coaches would do laps, pushups, and suicides to get their message across. I think that’s the most effective approach

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, SamtheMan14 said:

That’s nice and all, but in my day football coaches would do laps, pushups, and suicides to get their message across. I think that’s the most effective approach

Cool. But you've also never played professional football so your opinion is pretty irrelevant here. 

High school football BS always fails in the NFL. These guys are grown men and don't tolerate that bullsh*t. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

25 minutes ago, SamtheMan14 said:

Buddy if you want Joe Judge to crack you with his whip that's fine. No judgement here. 

• Haha 4

Times have changed. What worked for players of yesteryear likely won't work for players today. Saleh is the type of leader who inspires players to WANT to listen to him. The days of suicide sprints, laps, and push-ups until puking are over. I don't have to like that times have changed, but I do have to accept it.