Training camp 8/5 - The pads are back on!

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hopefully just an extra day off to get him ready for the green and white scrimmage.

11 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Damn. 

Obviously you don't want him to risk anything but you want that new line building as much chemistry as possible. 

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Damn, hopefully just a precaution, 

agree don't rush him back, but can't afford him to tear it either.  

hope he heals quickly

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The hand off thing is an interesting point. I remember watching some YouTube videos of BYU game and it was like he was a foot away of some of his fake handoffs. Least I think that’s what I was watching. 

Need to get Boomer in there to help him out. He was outstanding at it.

• Upvote 2

Just now, nycdan said:

Damn...running up the middle and with AVT still out.  The O-Line might be something this year.

They should send MC2 on a run blitz to tackle those guys.  Einstein proved he can bring the energy.

I think our run game will be good and I think our run d may be suspect. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, nycdan said:

Damn...running up the middle and with AVT still out.  The O-Line might be something this year.

They should send MC2 on a run blitz to tackle those guys.  Einstein proved he can bring the energy.

Sounds like the run blocking is ahead of teh pass blocking right now.  But still plenty of time for OL to come together -- with the additions of AVT and MOses, we probably have more OL talent than we have had since Brick/Mangold days.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lith said:

Quinnen has been out.  Could make a big difference when he gets back.  I am not too worried about our run defense.

Oh sh*t, I forgot. I'm not worried either, I just expect the line to be aggressive and with that, some big runs may happen. If I had to choose, I'm choosing pass rush over run defense all day anyway.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

The run game MUST be good for this offense to work.  Everything is works through an efficient run game.  Especially with a rookie QB.   

I am psyched for Carter and the running game in general. I can't see a scenario with the starting line healthy where we are bad there. 

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Sounds like the run blocking is ahead of teh pass blocking right now.  But still plenty of time for OL to come together -- with the additions of AVT and MOses, we probably have more OL talent than we have had since Brick/Mangold days.

The O-line has actually better without AVT in there.   That’s probably to be expected given he’s a rookie with only 3 practices under his belt.   You don’t hear about Becton getting beat by Lawson as much since AVT went out though.  

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Drums said:

I am psyched for Carter and the running game in general. I can't see a scenario with the starting line healthy where we are bad there. 

Carter will be fun to watch.  Especially when him and Moore are in there together.  Carter is going to be a beast in the passing game.  

• Upvote 3