Training camp 8/5 - The pads are back on!

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Carter will be fun to watch.  Especially when him and Moore are in there together.  Carter is going to be a beast in the passing game.  

Rookie QB, WR, RB. Basically all starters, and for good reason.

HOW CAN YOU NOT BE EXCITED??

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Going to be some tough RB cuts. I now think Perine might end up making it. So that's Carter, Coleman... Perine? Haven't been seeing Ty Johnson's name much. Adams either. Now this guy Walter.. 

Interesting because we don't have a star RB but we do seem to have a half dozen capable players.  I find myself wondering if there are teams in need of DL and RB depth that we might be able to trade some of these guys to for either late rounders or similar players of abundance that we need (TE, S, OLB).  Much more likely we'll have to just cut some guys but Johnson and Adams should have value somewhere.  Same with a guy like Sheppard on the DL.

Just random thoughts.  ATL has a thin RB unit and not much better of a DL unit.  Hayden Hurst might be a luxury there with Pitts in the fold.  Is there something to work out?

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Stark said:

agree don't rush him back, but can't afford him to tear it either.  

hope he heals quickly

The season runs 18 weeks into January after training camp ends in early September.  Practice and learning don't end in August. The goal should be to avoid a Becton like situation where this becomes a season long nagging injury where he is in and out of games or a serious injury where he misses the season.  I'd rather have him sit now and slow his development by a week or two than miss the season or part of the season with a serious injury.  

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Seems like that is a good way to beat a guy like Becton so hopefully it's a blessing in disguise. Becton seems like a hard worker. This is what practice is for.

I think Becton would be much better at RT.  More of a bulldozing run blocker and eventually we can get more of a agile LT.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Haha 1