Carl Lawson Mic'd Up... 8/05

48 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

“We cant have those”

“you a leader? In the middle of a game we can’t have those”

1. wtf he talking about?

2. I love that he said that. 

Davis basically lost his cool after a play which would have been a penalty in game. 

• Upvote 4

You see how he beats Becton around the edge on one play, but then you see this and you're like "How the hell is he going to get past this guy?!"

image.png

• Post of the Week 1
26 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You see how he beats Becton around the edge on one play, but then you see this and you're like "How the hell is he going to get past this guy?!"

image.png

Lawson may be the reason Becton becomes a pro bowler this year. This is the exact type of guy he has to learn to block. Fast dudes it’s hard for him to get his body on. 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Davis basically lost his cool after a play which would have been a penalty in game. 

Between Fant & Moses coaching up the D Line and Lawson preaching accountability & leadership among vets, I can’t remember this level of “Team” building among the players. Long gone are the Adams, TJ type players

• Upvote 2

Loved that he called out Davis for losing his cool.  And he did it in a way that Davis was receptive to.

I did not know we were getting a leader with lawson.  makes the signing even better.  This guy cares about winning.

So many people worried about Becton because Lawson is getting so many sacks at these practices.  This is what happens when you have a legit edge rusher at camp for the first time in over a decade lol. We just aren’t used to It.

23 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Between Fant & Moses coaching up the D Line and Lawson preaching accountability & leadership among vets, I can’t remember this level of “Team” building among the players. Long gone are the Adams, TJ type players

I have been thinking about the phrase "players want to be coached" and this staff does more coaching and teaching than i have seen.  Saleh cares about his players and the players like each other all of which is leading to a super positive environment

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I have been thinking about the phrase "players want to be coached" and this staff does more coaching and teaching than i have seen.  Saleh cares about his players and the players like each other all of which is leading to a super positive environment

😉

10 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I agree 100% but the real test will be after a couple of losses. A lot of teams cant handle that the right way.  Saleh seems like a guy who can keep them together but it's gonna be interesting to see. Well, unless we go undefeated of course 😉

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

I agree 100% but the real test will be after a couple of losses. A lot of teams cant handle that the right way.  Saleh seems like a guy who can keep them together but it's gonna be interesting to see. Well, unless we go undefeated of course 😉

I am trying to be neutral on Saleh but he makes it difficult. He is the first coach that truly aligns with how I think a team should be run especially in how he is handling Zach and the rookies. I love his thoughtful open answers, he is almost coaching the beat writers.

I felt the same about Rex initially though too and then realized how bad he was so maybe same thing happens with Saleh.

I disliked Bowles from the start and hated Gase with a fiery passion even before we hired him.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:20 PM, talisaynon said:

wasnt mossley 58? what's his new number

He's been #57 since his Ravens days

12 hours ago, johnnysd said:

You can't bs the players, they know when a HC is full of it and just talking out of their asses.  You can tell the players have bought into Salehs messages and to the staff they've put together.  

• Upvote 2
On 8/5/2021 at 5:29 PM, JiFapono said:

That was the most exciting non eventful 15 seconds of my life. 

Right? I could barely hear any of the 2 seconds of audio...I watched it like 3 times wondering if I somehow I missed something...is there a longer video somewhere...

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You can't bs the players, they know when a HC is full of it and just talking out of their asses.  You can tell the players have bought into Salehs messages and to the staff they've put together.  

Yeah I agree with you here..Saleh seems to have guys bought in in what little video there is of the team...just seems like he actually knows how to be a head coach.

• Upvote 1