Green and White Practice Saturday Night

9 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Just wondering if anyone will be attending on Saturday night.  Is it kid friendly at all?   I used to go to training camp once a year and did the Metlife event a few years ago.  I haven’t gone in a few years and now have a 1 and 4 year old.  Wondering if it’s worth bringing them or not.  

Yeah, it's kid friendly for the 4 year old, definitely, but transporting the 1 year old up/down escalators and stairs can be a challenge.  Do you have one of those baby sling chest carriers?  Not very fashionable but really useful for a situation like this.

It won't be crazy crowded, but you want to get there early to get a parking spot that's close-in too.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s not a true “scrimmage”, but they will going 11 on 11 the whole night.  1’s vs. 1’s, 2’s vs. 2’s, and so on.  Saleh said each player should get about a half a game worth of reps.  

Does anyone know if it will televised anywhere?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

What a great night.  Cant wait for the tweeteths to start coming in.  Very interested to hesr how Zach and this offense looks tonight.

Yes, be even cooler if we can figure out how to get it on radio. Someone said it might be available. Do both!

1 hour ago, NYJ Today said:

I really wanted to go to the scrimmage today, but I am on vacation with the family. 

I hope all Jets fans that attend have a great time. Should be pretty hype in the stadium! 

WElcome to the board. Maybe you can tell us how you became a fan in Md. and favorite all-time Jet.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NYJ Today said:

My Dad was a fan of the Jets growing up on Long Island. Watched him win the SB when he was 16. He was hooked right away.

I started watching the Jets in 1996 (great year to start watching right?) I fell in love with the history of the team and loved the underdog mentality of the franchise. 

Watched players like Wayne Chrebet, Curtis Martin, and Victor Green and fell in love with the Jets. 

We went to a bunch of games in my teens. We were there in 02 when the beat the Packers to win the division and then a week later vs the Colts 41-0 smack down. Still gives me chills thinking about those games. 

I was at that GB game and was one of the greatest nights.... Scoreboard watching the Pats beating the Dolphins meaning Jets were win and we're in!! The crappy field conditions and the crowd noise was as loud as I ever remember! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 8/5/2021 at 11:20 PM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Just wondering if anyone will be attending on Saturday night.  Is it kid friendly at all?   I used to go to training camp once a year and did the Metlife event a few years ago.  I haven’t gone in a few years and now have a 1 and 4 year old.  Wondering if it’s worth bringing them or not.  

The Green and White is usually very family friendly.  I think they are gonna have some kid stuff to get them involved too.  i saw that somewhere but I forget where. I can't go being in Ohio so I'm selectively  and resentfully forgetting any info I see about it lol 

Get out there with the little ones and have blast man! 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I was at that GB game and was one of the greatest nights.... Scoreboard watching the Pats beating the Dolphins meaning Jets were win and we're in!! The crappy field conditions and the crowd noise was as loud as I ever remember! 

Favre and the Pack came in at 12-3, heavy favorites and the zjets played one hell of a game, harrasing Favre into a poor game while Chad was perfect.  The game was over by half.  Jets won 42-17.  I've had STs since 1977 and that was an all time home game.  Only to be outdone by the total blowout of the Colts and Manning a week later, 41-0.  Unreal to think we outscored two really good teams 83-17 over a two week period.  Then Chad will get shlt for losing a week later to the Raiders.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Favre and the Pack came in at 12-3, heavy favorites and the zjets played one hell of a game, harrasing Favre into a poor game while Chad was perfect.  The game was over by half.  Jets won 42-17.  I've had STs since 1977 and that was an all time home game.  Only to be outdone by the total blowout of the Colts and Manning a week later, 41-0.  Unreal to think we outscored two really good teams 83-17 over a two week period.  Then Chad will get shlt for losing a week later to the Raiders.

Amen. This is my 42nd year coming up.

• Sympathy 1

On 8/6/2021 at 9:08 AM, sec101row23 said:

It’s not a true “scrimmage”, but they will going 11 on 11 the whole night.  1’s vs. 1’s, 2’s vs. 2’s, and so on.  Saleh said each player should get about a half a game worth of reps.  

Even without the fan interaction stuff that would be more than enough to get me in the stands. I'm so sad I can't go ???

• Upvote 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if they live streamed it on the TouYube or from their own Official Website with pencil-neck “EA” nasally narrating along with the pleasant and tolerable Ethan Greenberg. 

I was at MetLife on Thursday night for the GnR concert and the operations and staff were smooth. I travelled via NJ Transit from Penn Station, but the process with MetLife staff security and tickets was a straightforward and easy process. 

Felt so nice to be back in the stadium and I kept looking up at my season ticket seats during the show and kept thinking: “less than 60 days and I’ll be watching LIVE Jets Football up there again!”

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

53rd year here.

Was 6 years old when they one the SB. Hook, lined and sinkered ever since. Damn.

I’m a little older. Had just turned 11  when we won the Bowl. Maybe you and other guys can relate, but every time I watch Super Bowl 3, even though I know it’s not possible, I still expect us to lose.?Must be the 52 years of suffering ?

• Haha 3

On 8/5/2021 at 11:20 PM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Definitely kid friendly but as time has gone on I miss the Hofstra days. It was way more fun with a couple of hoagies and a cooler with a 12-pack. I'm out on Eastern Long island so it's just not worth the trip four or five hour drive back and forth, so if anybody has a link to stream it or knows if they're going to be showing it please pin it?

• Upvote 1