Green and White Practice Saturday Night

25 minutes ago, Lith said:

Rough night for the rookie.  Hopefully he learns from it and is better next week against the Giants.

I couldn't care less because...

A.) Our soon to be top 1-3 Defense (top 5 at worst) under coach Saleh isn't in business to be embarrassed and dominated (every practice) by a Rookie Quarterback.

and

B.) Zach Wilson is a rookie. Making rookie mistakes. And this is how rookies develop. By learning from mistakes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Fatukasi is a run stopper.  He is a Tackle.  His talents would be wasted as an End.  

I don't know about that because a 4-3 D-Line allows for physical beasts to line up at 4-3 DE and get the job done. 

Shaun Ellis was 6'5/290 lbs. 

Folorunso Fatukasi is 6'4/318 lbs. 

I just believe this kid is too good to not see the field and with all 3 of Lawson (DE), QW (DT) and Rankins (DT) on the D-Line I just believe that Folorunso Fatukasi would cause a lot of absolute havoc (as more than just a run stopper).

Before his pro day I really didn’t like Wilson as the 2nd pick and remember posting that he should sit for a year. 

It’s mot very realistic to think that he is going to take the league by storm. 

Lafleur is going to run it a bunch, and everyone knows it. 

if the run game gets going Zach can succeed but it’s going to be a lot of check downs and the occasional big chunk. 

I think he is smart enough to learn from these mistakes   

we’ll find out soon enough 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I love this nonsense after a scrimmage.

Eh, the scrimmage didn’t make me think anything differently than I did months ago. I’m glad for the fans that have more hope than I do. Looks to me like we have a handful of above average players, one Probowl player (Quinnen), and the rest are JAG’s. No matter what, I’ll be watching every play of every game. The homers (I’m not saying you are one) will disappear by midseason. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Davis is no WR1, the Jets desperately need a WR1.  Maybe we should have grabbed one and kept Darnold ??‍♂️ 

Davis is not a #1. Never was.  Was over drafted at 5th overall.  Dude is a 2 for sure. 

we should have definitely tried harder to acquire a #1 WR , cough Allen Robinson….

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

12 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

It's a practice .

Granted it’s Florida , but I’ve had guys where if we need to work on a Saturday I’d have to make sure they were by a radio so they could listen to practice , NASCAR practice.

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I don't know about that because a 4-3 D-Line allows for physical beasts to line up at 4-3 DE and get the job done. 

NFL defenses use their base defense less than 30% of the time. Nickel will be the most used defense. Saleh, with the 49ers, was not an aberration in this regard. 

Defenses are way ahead of offenses right now. Also they know the vanilla plays the offense is running and its not some piss poor defense - veterans everywhere except corner and Coach Saleh wants to be hard on Zack so  he learns. All that adds up to this performance by Zack and I bet that Saleh expected this this happen - after all how would he look if LaFleur's offense came out and ripped up his vaunted defense. Lets see how he looks in pre-season game 1 - I expect a lot of running to make the passing game go better when they pass.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Went back and watched...Wilson is not an NFL QB folks. This is not good.

Last week I dared to say I'm worried he might not be ready to start week one.  It did not go well.  So, I imagine this comment will go over even better.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Last week I dared to say I'm worried he might not be ready to start week one.  It did not go well.  So, I imagine this comment will go over even better.

Don’t care. Hope I’m wrong. But yikes. Weak arm, jittery. Did Douglas watch Lance at all?

• Thumb Down 2